Goal rewards anyone?

• So I was wondering if any of y'all had thought of what kinds of rewards to get yourself when you reach your goals? I always think it's fun to talk about, and it gives me good ideas for next time!

I'm 3 pounds and one week away from my "Before I go back to school" goal and I'm going to reward myself with new underwear from Victoria's Secret - because #1, I need some new underwear, #2, I love sexy underthings, and #3, now I'll need a medium instead of a large!

What about you?

Genevieve
  • This is a fun question, Genevieve! I reward myself every week for my weight management, health and fitness efforts (even if it was just a week of good intentions). My rewards are always something that enhances my program such as a hat for hiking, another pair of walking poles or some exercise toy, book or video. I also like to reward myself at the end of one of my "initiatives" by buying a new journal to record my calories and exercise in (before entering in my spreadsheet journal in the evenings). Oddly enough, I also love to reward myself with dolls! I collect them.
  • What a great idea Amarantha! I never thought of that - maybe next time I can go towards some new running shoes. Lord knows I know better than to buy white this time

I was wondering if anyone has ideas for non-$ kinds of treats?

Genevieve
  • When I finally reach my goal, I'm getting another tattoo. (My second)
  • I have 2 pounds to loose to get to my "school start mini-goal". My reward for myself is a very long massage from the local day spa. It is something that I have always wanted to do, but have never done. Now I have a reason to indulge!

Kat
  • What a great question!!
    My goal weight is 125, I'm about 12 lbs shy of it right now. When I hit my goal I'm going to buy me a pair of expensive jeans! Since I've been losing weight I've been buying cheap jeans because I can't afford to buy new ones everytime I go down a size so when I hit my goal and start to maintain I want a really nice pair of jeans that look great on me!!
  • Wildfire - I've always wanted to get a tatoo, but considering that I change my mind every time I think about what to have done, I think I should probably stick to non-permenent things. I kind of want to get my belly button pierced - my best friend did and it looks great.

Kat - My roommate is doing the very same thing! She's going off to study in Scotland for a few years and her reward is to get a massage the day she leaves.

Spry - I know EXACTLY what you mean - I figure I'm not going to change pants sizes too much anymore, so I went shopping with a friend and found some Lucky Brand jeans for mucho cheaper than they usually sell for, so now I have some quality jeans for probably the 1st time ever! It feels great, definitly go for it!

Genevieve