Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:21 AM   #1  
SlowlySexy...

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Height: 5'3"

Default DON'T let this wintry weather blow your progress!!!

Hey guys, it just occurred to me as I was eating breakfast, that a lot of us here in the south are gonna be snowed in for a couple of days or so - DO NOT use that as an excuse to start binge-eating! I know it's tempting, being stuck inside with nothing much to do BUT eat, but don't turn to comfort foods to get you through the winter storm!

There's nothing like being all cozy and warm, looking out at the blanket of snow to make you want hot chocolate and fresh-baked cookies...I could go for some myself right now, haha...but I WON'T, because I've come TOO far to let boredom and restlessness cause me to start pigging out!!

So, while you're stuck inside, use that time wisely - make use of your treadmill, workout DVD or just put on some fast-paced music and dance - even go online and chat or call a friend...just do what you have to to get food off your mind and fat off your behind!!!

~April~ - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!
Cute n Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the reminder! We are going to be stuck in the house again today. I'm going to take advantage of this day and do some serious cleaning around the house. That's going to be a pretty nice workout, there! lol
Itz Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #3  
SlowlySexy...

S/C/G: 278/253/150

Oh most definitely...see, now you've inspired ME, haha!! Lord knows I need to catch up on some housework, so instead of being depressed, wondering how I'll pay the bills when I can't get to work, I'll focus on something I CAN do something about! Thanks!!

~April~ - a dragonfly for every 5 lbs I lose!!!!

Cute n Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Luckily we don't have snow forecast here, but it is bitter outside.

We've had a couple of blizzards here the past few years. Those are days I use to catch up on all the stuff around the house I always mean to get to but "don't have the time to". It's a great day to re-organize, throw old stuff out, update photo albums, clean out your in box, paper work, redo closets, cabinets and drawers. It's a great time to break out an exercise dvd. Make a huge pot of veggie soup. Drink some hot tea. Snuggle in bed, lounge around in PJ's. Take a hot bath. Give yourself a manicure/pedicure. Nope. No reason whatsoever to overeat.

AND shoveling is a great workout.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #5  
Ericabauw

its snowing up on the east coast and i plan on bundling up, walking to the gym, and complaining the ENTIRE walk there. haha
Old 01-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

This was one of the coldest days of the year, and yes, I really don't want to go out & go grocery shopping, but I want to make some soup today.

Earlier this morning, I bundled up & walked two blocks to the gym. And it was packed. Much busier than I've seen it all week. I think the steep temperature drop last night caused it. All the local runners who usually run outside were on the treadmills, getting their miles in. All the ellipticals were full. The cardio class was full, the bikes were all reserved in the spin class, and my Pilates class was well-attended.

People may have been getting cabin fever & decided to fight it by getting out to the gym & moving their bodies.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/280/160

Height: 5'8"

We have snow here in South Carolina too so I decided to go out in it!! Hubby and I bundled up and headed outside to enjoy the cool, crisp air. We walked all around the neighborhood and let me tell you, walking in snow is exercise!!
So don't let the weather give us an excuse to sit inside and eat! Go out and trudge through that snow. Heck, play and have fun!! Who said that exercising had to be boring??
Tracymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote