Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:14 PM   #46  

Kaylets I work with a girl who swears by green tea that it is the best thing going, I actually have some in my pantry maybe I should give it a try. Can't hurt anyway.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:38 AM   #47  

I've been drinking green tea daily for a long time now (for rheumatoid arthritis - it's supposed to help with the inflammation and I think it does). But I had never heard it helped with weight loss. I've been surprised so far that I'm losing better than I ever had in the past - may be that's why! Well at any rate, I'm not quitting my green tea - cuppa's waiting for me as I type.

Good losing day, all!
Old 08-22-2002, 07:41 PM   #48  

Smile almost Friday

Here we go, ALMOST FRIDAY>>.

Aramantha, could it be that the fat cells conspire to make moodiness and then in turn CRAVINGS... could it be a secret plot, like on the Xfiles or maybe that's what they are doing in Area 54?? For their own survival, the fat cells send mixed messages to the brain? Is this really me thinking or is it what the fat wants me to think.... Do I see a tiny dimple showing? Do we have at least a little glint back in the eye?

Sometimes we feel crummy- sometimes my dogs run when they see me coming- sometimes big scary guys do the same--

So, what would you like to do? or not do? or eat? something you would only have if you went out? I can't help but cheer up with a big plate of shrimp -

Maybe we should open the spa for a special event- -
Did you really say you put sugar on sf icecream? I have never thought of that.

in the morning it will be FRIDAY
Old 08-22-2002, 09:35 PM   #49  

Can't wait for it to be Fri I don't have to work till Sat. I have had a headache for the last 2 1/2 days so Im hoping I don't have one in the morning if I do I have to go back to the doc because it could have to do with the concussion and if I don't go back my hubby wil shoot me he doesn't like that Im having them.
I must go look out the green tea maybe that will help. I have still been managing to stay in my points and keeping on track. Normally by now I would have tried the chocolate bar for the headache and if that didn't work it would be the bag of chips so I guess that is a good thing that Im staying away from them. Well I haven't had my frozen yogurt yet today so I guess I should go have it so I stay in my points it is already accounted for. Well have a good Fri.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:52 AM   #50  
I know I can!

I'm down to 202 even. It's not much of a loss but it's still a loss. I am confident that I will lose five pounds by Labor Day.

Patti
Old 08-23-2002, 04:21 PM   #51  
Is it Friday yet?

Finally Friday!!

It must be the full moon, but everything that could go wrong, just about has... only 2 more hours of work then I'm outta' here! I'm looking forward to a wonderful rainy overcast weekend and maybe I'll bake some zucchini bread...

I bought a simulated sunrise alarm clock yesterday and can't wait for it to get here. Has anyone tried these? It's supposed to help with SAD, that I was nailed with last winter (my first bad winter in OR).

Nothin' else much going. Hoping for a loss next week (got the peanut butter out of the house, that should help)

Patti - Congrats on the loss!!! You're going to be in Onederland soon!!!

Dollar - Do you get weather headaches?? I've had one for going on 3 days too because our weather's changing. It's awful... I hope it's not related to your concussion.

to all you wonderful loosers!

I hear thunder... better get off the 'puter!

Terri
Old 08-23-2002, 05:06 PM   #52  

Hi Punkinseed,
Im hoping it is just weather related but it has been a nice day here today nice breeze blowing not too hot no humidity for a change, and I have had another headache today. Oh well I shall see what the weekend brings, no sense in complaining this too shall pass.

Well my kids are starting to gear up to the return to classes next week is what we call our dry run week, they must get up dressed and have breakfast and be ready to go out the door at the time they would have to when classes resume Sept 3. They really hate me for this but come the following week it isn't such a shock to them to get up early. they all leave at different times so the bathroom time must get coordinated so everyone has a chance to get in. One is in college, one in high school and one in elementary school plus my husband leaves for work and so do I but I don't go till everyone has left. I get 1 1/2 hours to get myself ready for work and get my grandson ready for the sitters. when it all works well it is like a well oiled machine but if one person sleeps in it is disasterous (we have only one bathroom). It sure keeps life interesting.
My girls and my grandson went to the zoo today so my son and I have had the day to ourselves, he really enjoys these type of days because he has me to himself, we have had a very nice day together. well time to run I have dinner to make for us both, of course it will be something different for each of us mine low fat, low calorie and his will be the opposite, he wants KD. Have a great evening everyone.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:10 PM   #53  

Hi Ladies,
It is me again. Just an important message that some people don't realize, To much of a good thing is bad and that goes for our water consumption, if you drink too much water you can cause an electrolyte imbalance in your body and this can be very serious stuff. Yes our water is important to our weight loss but just keep in mind that too much is also not good. I drink lots of water in a day but after seeing what it can do to you I use a little more caution, make sure you are also taking in other fluids like juice and stuff. Ijust thought I would let you know.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:44 PM   #54  
Opera Diva

Ug, so there's good news and there's bad news. Good news is, I'm down 3 pounds! Bad news is, I feel like crap. I think I have some sort of inner ear problem because my whole head is all fuzzy and plugged up. And you know that dizzy/going to fall down feeling that you get when you stand up too fast? Yeah, I get that every time I stand up. Blah. So I missed my daily run for the 1st time in like a month, but at least the scale is happy, right?

I'm also supposed to help my mom who's catering this HUGE wedding tomorrow and I don't want to back out, but if I can't walk a straight line, I'm probably not much good.

dollar - I'm so sorry about your marathon headache, I'm certainly feeling you right now! Good job not turning to chocolate, pain tends to cloud judgment, so I'm sure it's especially hard right now.

Punkinseed - I have always wanted to try those daylight alarms! I think years of waking up to that awful blaring BEEP BEEP BEEP sound has really messed with me. Even hearing it on TV terrifies me at this point, I feel like I need to get up and go to class or something!

Keep on loosing! Genevieve
Old 08-24-2002, 08:48 AM   #55  

Hey Guinever great loss congrats. Hope your feeling better sure sounds like inner ear you take care of yourself. im just getting ready to head to work Im back working every other weekend again but I don't mind that way Im home a bit more during the week so I can take care of my grandson while my daughter goes to school.
Everyone have a great day.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:24 AM   #56  
One Day At A Time

Exclamation

Well I've finally decided that September 16th will be my target date. It's a lot farther off than my original date, but sometimes you just have to make adjustments. This week I've made a mess of things & it was all intentional (if you can believe that), but I'm going to straighten things out & get back on track

Has anyone ever tried the Leslie Sansone walking tapes? I'm thinking of purchasing them & I would like to have some opinions. BTW, I have asthma & have a hard time with anything strenous.

Have a great w/e all
Old 08-24-2002, 02:06 PM   #57  
Empress/Queen

Hi, all! Can't post a lot right at the moment, but wanted to say, "Congrats to Guinever and RycherBabe for their losses. Amarantha will updateth the list presently. If I miss anyone's just feel free to tell me or update yourself by cutting and pasting. I'm on heavy deadline this weekend and might inadvertently skip something. I'll post my weigh-in tomorrow!!! I've been OP for the whole week so if I don't lose, I'll throw the scale across the room! I am still very moody!

Byrd: I have collected Leslie Sansone tapes for years, not just these latest ones Goodtimes is now marketing. I think you will love them. When I was more than 100 pounds overweight, these tapes saved my life. Over the years (she's probably in her 40s-50s, looks great), she's had a lot of different styles but they all add up to the same walking indoors workouts ... some of them add jogging ... some people think these tapes are not intense enough to be aerobic but I (along with many other satisifed users) find them very good exercise that you can modify to be gentle or intense as you go along. If you can find some older ones, I think you'll like them better than the newer ones now being marketed by Goodtimes, but these are quite good also ... just be sure to buy them from Collage Video (Walmart and Sports Authority sell sets of them, too). If you buy them directly from Leslie's site you are ordering from Goodtimes (which holds the licensing) and this is a bad idea (in my opinion) as many people (including me) have had trouble with Goodtimes' business practices (you are likely to either not get what you ordered and get charged for it or to get things you didn't order and get charged for it and/or a variation of the two ... Richard Simmons and the new Firms are also marketed by Goodtimes ... and not be able to get them to stop charging your credit card ... I had to cancel a credit card just to get Goodtimes to stop charging it). It's just all around best to buy the tapes elsewhere and don't let them sell you "vitamins" (these contain a form of ephedra). That said, the new Leslie tapes with balls, as well as Leslie's pre-Goodtimes tapes and even her golden old, oldies are great products in my not so humble opinion.

To all who are ailing, get better soon ... next week is going to be better for all The Power of Five, I just feel it!

Q. Punkin o' Friday ... your seaside scenario made me laugh! Hmmm. I definetly needed that.

List followeth!
Old 08-24-2002, 05:55 PM   #58  
Empress/Queen

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, UP 1

ANAGRAM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11, DOWN 3.4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 1

DOLLAR, FIVE DOWN BY, AUG. 27, DOWN 2.6

DAUGHTER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 3, DOWN .6

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GTERA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 30, DOWN 3.2

GUINEVER, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 31, DOWN 5

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KARENA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 26, DOWN 1

KAYLETS, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN .5

MARUSHA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 27

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 3.5

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2, DOWN ?

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 28, DOWN 2.25

SWEETMOM, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1, DOWN 3

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

Old 08-24-2002, 06:04 PM   #59  
Empress/Queen

Red Alert to Power of Five: Amarantha confuseth herself! RycherBabe, wasn't sure what your pounds down were in the new update, so just put a question mark. Pls let me know the figure and I'll change!

Orange Alert: GUINEVER, IF YOU ARE DOWN THREE AND WERE ALREADY DOWN TWO, by my calculations, you hath meteth your FIVE POUND CHALLENGE!!!! WOO-HOO!!! YOU ARE THE FIRST ONE! WHAT WILL YOU CLAIM AS YOUR PRIZE?
Old 08-24-2002, 08:05 PM   #60  
Opera Diva

Woo Hoo! Hmmmm, my prize....let's see...I guess my biggest prize I'm giving myself would have to be the fact that I can finally just roll out of bed and pull on any old pair of pants I have in the closet and have it look great (and not have to pair certain pants with certain shirts to hide any "problem areas") . Oh! And after this damned inner ear thing clears up and I stop passing out when I stand too fast I'll be able to go to the gym and punch a number into the elliptical machine that I'm not afraid of the person next to me seeing.

So next order of business, my NEXT 5 POUND goal! I think I'll set it for September 14th. I'm going back to school next week, so all that craziness should make for many a missed workout and poorly chosen meal, so I'll set my sights further away this time.

Keep it up everyone! If I can do it, ALL of you can! I'll even drive on over to your house and go all Richard Simmons on you No, not really, but thank you all for being here when I really wanted to turn to food instead. I can't begin to describe how much easier it's made my journey - but then, I guess I don't have to, I mean, you're all here too!

Guinever
Closed Thread