Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #16  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to you JK ~ we lost both our grammies and my mother many years ago; it does seem so surreal at first, but in time you will understand it better. My mom looked like she was sleeping so our family had a nice, smiling picture of my mom and grandmother made and they are in my livingroom. This helps us to remember the happy, vibrant persons we all knew and loved. I have finally found one of my other gram and am getting it blown up too, so I can put it up here as well; it really helps.

I agree with the others ~ if the funeral is tomorrow, contact your school (and teachers) right away to let them know you are going to a family funeral. Prayers going up for you and your family ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-24-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #17  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Praying for you and your family. It is hard. Keep inhaling, exhaling and wake up it will take time. Go through the process and it will get better.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #18  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry for your loss. And I understand the guilt. My grandmother is going, and I can almost not bear to talk to her. It's too sad. But if I don't, I know I'll regret it later.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully the sweet memories that you have of your grandmother will sustain you during this tough time. I agree with the others that say you can catch up on your classes later, and to spend this time with your family. Take heart in the fact that your grandmother knows you loved her, and I am sure you showed her in a million different ways that you never even realized.
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Thank you everyone for all of your amazingly kind words.

You have no idea how much it really does help for me to feel that other people can understand the unique loss of a grandmother. I know losing any relative is extremely difficult, but I believe that each one type can be SO unique. My grandmother loved me like no one else in the world, and I loved her in our own special way, as well.

As for my classes, thank you Heather for your knowledgeable response, I always wonder how professors react to this sort of thing. I had already sent out an email to one of my professors as soon as I learned the time of the funeral, but one of them is new at my university and I cannot find her email. I even left a message for the head of the department inquiring about her email address, bu to no avail. Anyway, what can I do? It's life.

Thanks again, everyone. I have really enjoyed reading some of your stories and comments. I can relate SO much.
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #21  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinboston89 View Post
Thank you everyone for all of your amazingly kind words.

You have no idea how much it really does help for me to feel that other people can understand the unique loss of a grandmother. I know losing any relative is extremely difficult, but I believe that each one type can be SO unique. My grandmother loved me like no one else in the world, and I loved her in our own special way, as well.

As for my classes, thank you Heather for your knowledgeable response, I always wonder how professors react to this sort of thing. I had already sent out an email to one of my professors as soon as I learned the time of the funeral, but one of them is new at my university and I cannot find her email. I even left a message for the head of the department inquiring about her email address, bu to no avail. Anyway, what can I do? It's life.

Thanks again, everyone. I have really enjoyed reading some of your stories and comments. I can relate SO much.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family for your loss.

If your professor is new at the university, just leave a message with the department secretary saying what's happened and when you expect to return to class. Get notes from another student and highlight anything you're not sure about then try to schedule a time with the professor where you can talk about the class you missed and any questions you have. I'm sure she'll be happy to answer any questions.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad to help in some small way. And I agree with Mollz above. Leave info with the dept secretary, as you've already done with the chair.

It is important to be able to grieve, be with your family. I think you've gotten some great advice and support from others.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #23  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 182/180/135

Height: 5'5

Im sorry to hear about your grandma. You should go to the funeral cause if you dont then you might feel guilty later on for not going. Being with your family will help you and everyone else around you. My prayers are with you and your family. take care
reesespieces14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #25  
Taking care of me.

I'm sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. But remember, she will always be with you.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #26  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm Sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother. Here's a .
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote