Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:02 AM   #31  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Choose Your Hard

When I first joined this forum, I read someone's signature and they had a great saying.

Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard.

For the life of me, I can't remember whose signature it was and I apologize. I am also just paraphrasing since I can't recall the exact text, but the message struck home. My realistic motivation is health related. I started my new lifestyle after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My doc asked me a very simple and straightforward question at that time, "how long do I intend to live?"

I made my decision right then and chose my hard. Each day I think to myself, today I will do my best to postpone the debilitating effects of diabetes. Each day that I go without having to take meds is a small victory, but a victory nonetheless. Self-preservation is such a great motivator.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
As for me I'm much smaller than most everyone who weighs less than I do and is my same height. My arms are the same size as they were when I was around 125 pounds. PLUS I gained thirty pounds and never got bigger, wasn't eating differently and wasn't exercising. Around that time I gained ten pounds in five days using the same scale. I've never been pregnant yet have mostly gained weight in my middle area and nowhere else (like pregnant women do). And considering I have an IUD and its been more than 9 months since the last time I had sex there is no way I could be pregnany. I find it all weird.

If your shoulders are the same width as your hips, you're probably a banana too. If I recall properly, they gain weight through the middle first.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabetic z View Post
When I first joined this forum, I read someone's signature and they had a great saying.

Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Choose your hard.
I love this, I may have to borrow it for my own sig.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #34  
Grasshopper

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

My motivation is remembering going in for a spinal tap for the docs to figure out why I was bleeding behind my eyes. (My regular doc ruled out diabetes and high blood pressure) When they were about to do the tap, they took a blood pressure....236/138. Yep. That was the numbers. They freaked and through me in intensive care for a week. I felt totally fine and had no idea. Turns out I was suffering from adrenaline spikes and at times read normal. Immediately I started looking for online support seeing that I am always very private about trying to lose weight. It has helped me immensely!
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'6

My number #1 motivation is I do NOT want to die. I am to young and am not ready. I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter I want to see grow up. There is to much in life that I have not seen or been able to do.
erinkman1 is offline   Reply With Quote