Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to reiterate the notion of watching for the downward trend.

I have found that weighing everyday has given me a knowledge of my body and it's vagarities that's been very valuable. I know what I did and I know the results. Salt, water, exercise, hormones ...

And yes, I put a new low in my profile Sooner or later, if I stick to my program, I'll drop even lower.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Do you track your food? That's probably the easiest way to see if the ups and downs are food related or just an aberration.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Howdy,
Yesterday I ate 1000 calories, walked 2 1/2 month, and the scale is up .6# and I am ok with that. I like daily measurements so that I get used to how my body fluctuates. It is also an accountabilitly factor knowing what I eat today, I will weigh tomorrow. It was a major disaster for my weight when I stopped weighing daily. I want to know how my body works.

That being said, I look at weekly/monthly averages both for weight and calories/ and trends. This takes a lot of the anxiety of upward bounces out.

Good luck to whatever you choose to do.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #19  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Thank you everyone.

I weighted myself this morning, and it's now 232.2 so I figure the 231 (all time low) I got the other day is pretty accurate. This is after I had a snack last night and a bunch of water.

I figure the water did the trick, so I'm going to drink as much as I can today. I must be holding a bunch of water weight that I didn't realize.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Schubunny,

Foods high in sodium are, of course, salty foods like pretzels, potato chips but also many canned foods. Even canned foods that don't taste salty often have sodium because it's related to the preservatives. Also, processed/preserved meats (hotdogs, cold cuts, Canadian bacon, etc.) often have lots of sodium in them. Also Chinese food (MSG) and regular (not low sodium) boullion (cubes, powder, etc.).

You have to read not only the sodium content but also look for anything that has the word "sodium" in the ingredient list (ie: monosodium glutamate, sodium phosphates, sodium ascorbate, sodium diacetate, sodium nitrate, etc.)....there are other substances that contain sodium in addition to plain old salt.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #21  
Reluctant Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubunny View Post
Hi Rae

When you get all those random weights, do you usually jott down the lowest one or just wait?

The other day I thought I lost another pound so I put it on my ticker, and now my scale is saying I went back up lol!
Hi, schubunny!

Hey, whenever I get a lower weight than I've ever gotten before, I GRAB it and it goes on my ticker!!! I figure it this way: So long as I'm staying on my plan and have done nothing to "earn" a higher weight, then by golly, I hit that weight!! Some may argue, but it works for me. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #22  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
Schubunny,

Foods high in sodium are, of course, salty foods like pretzels, potato chips but also many canned foods. Even canned foods that don't taste salty often have sodium because it's related to the preservatives. Also, processed/preserved meats (hotdogs, cold cuts, Canadian bacon, etc.) often have lots of sodium in them. Also Chinese food (MSG) and regular (not low sodium) boullion (cubes, powder, etc.).

You have to read not only the sodium content but also look for anything that has the word "sodium" in the ingredient list (ie: monosodium glutamate, sodium phosphates, sodium ascorbate, sodium diacetate, sodium nitrate, etc.)....there are other substances that contain sodium in addition to plain old salt.

deena

Thanks Deena, I'm going to do my best to pick foods with less sodium in it. A lot of stuff I put together for recipes and I don't think to check.
Of course I can't cutt out all foods with sodium in it, but I am sure I can limit them. And hopefully the excess water I'll be drinking will flush some of it out.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #23  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by raebeaR View Post
Hi, schubunny!

Hey, whenever I get a lower weight than I've ever gotten before, I GRAB it and it goes on my ticker!!! I figure it this way: So long as I'm staying on my plan and have done nothing to "earn" a higher weight, then by golly, I hit that weight!! Some may argue, but it works for me. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Rae
:3 Sounds good to me Rae. I mean there's no way I gained 3 lbs in 24 hours for sure.

I am just happy my weight is back down today, gives me a bit of reassurance!