Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 10:45 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

It's MARUSHA'S BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU....
Happy Birthday To Youuuu .....
Happy Birthday Dear Marusha .......
Happy Birthday To Yooooooooouuuuuuu

What kind of cake are we having?

j-ann
Old 08-15-2002, 12:00 PM   #17  

Default G'day all!

Hey... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARUSHA!!! Where the heck are ya? Come out and post and tell us how your b-day is going!

J-ann... Cake! Why I oughtta...! What about some patty-cake or... paddy-cake! THERE'S an appetizing thought!

Lucky... Yay! You stayed the same! I know if I was "misbehaving", I'd be terrified to step on the scale! It musta been SWEET relief!

I'm gonna keep this post short and sweet and I'll pop back in... in a bit!

TTFN
Sara
Old 08-15-2002, 06:11 PM   #18  

Unhappy Hellooo???!!

Where IS everybody?! It's lonesome here!
Old 08-15-2002, 08:46 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

We lived in Hopkins, MN. Peter was up there working in a vendor plant for Hughes Aircraft. We moved up in April 1993 we had been married two weeks and stayed till May 1994.

Happy birthday Marusha

We had a busy day today teachers are already asking for reports.

No not celebrating Elvis. He was my favorite though.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:33 PM   #20  

Mary: Hopkins....way up North. I was in Bloomington, across from the Mall of America. I lived there 27years and loved it. I miss the diversity of people and all the places to go. I think I would go to the cities more if I had someone to go with....I get tired doing that drive alone. It's 2 1/2 to 3 hours one way.

I had an aunt that worshiped Elvis. She had a shrine in her house.

Now me....B E A T L E S all the way when I was younger - now I love the "god of the guitar". (I will see who know who that is)

Well, it's 8:29 and I need to eat and get to bed. I am feeling lost knowing I won't be able to contact you all this weekend. So, eat sensibly, drink water and think "Lucky, Lucky - hard, sexy, weatlhy men all go to Lucky's house".
Old 08-15-2002, 11:35 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening, ladies!

This is going to be quick. I had a fairly easy day today. Just a couple of reports, and no jobs. I skipped out!

Had to do court with my foster sister again this morning. This darn thing is getting old.....real fast!!!

Tomorrow's gonna be a killer. I have my route all mapped out already......16 stops!!! Two just happen to be lunch and dinner!

I'm doing lunch with my other foster sister, and dinner with my best friend, so it's just a girl's kinda day. Except for the paperwork on Saturday and Sunday, I'm doing well.

Janet and Dollar: Welcome to the group. I hope we hear from you often.

As far as 2cute goes, she's off with her daughter for the weekend.

You guys take care. Doubt that I'll be getting in here at all tomorrow. Love to all.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:14 AM   #22  

Hi everyone,

I hope the new server allows animated gifs. I loved them!!!

I completed my wardrobe for the trip. Lightweight shirts and pants for washing overnight. I went back to sears and returned the XL shirts. Who am I kidding, I'm a 2x maybe a 1x, but the weight is not moving. Kat, I'm maintaining too for the last 6 mos. A coworker has been watching her eating. Small portions and no junkfood and the weight peeled off of her. I thought back to my loss of 50lbs 12 yrs ago. It was small portions. Maybe I should try it. Eating well and bingeing is not making any impact. My exercise program is great. I changed it once again. Walking/weight lifting 4x a week. On the third day, aerobicize.

The weather here is muggy. My garden is struggling. My St Francis of Assisi statue looks perfect among the ferns. I bought gray colored bricks (6" x 20") for a little pathway. My garden is lined with red bricks. I painted the pricks with red stencil powder. Also stenciled golden ivy on the edges. Lovely. The gold ties in with the statue and the red ties in with the garden brick. My sister is making a secret garden too. She has large boulders. I would love to work with that. Plants in nooks and crannies. Or hanging over the rock. Fun hardwork!!!

Sleep time is here. Good night.
Malia
Old 08-16-2002, 04:32 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys !!!! Hey Kat... thanks for missing me.

I have been one busy woman. We tried to buy a house but they would not come down enough.. and we would not pay what they wanted. If it is still on the market after vacation maybe we will try again??? I sure loved the house !!!!

I am also out of town now. I am staying with my daughter this week. My husband is coming to get me Saturday and then we will drive back together Sunday.

Then I have one week to visit my parents and my other daughter is coming home that same week and then the 26th or something like that... I leave again for vacation. I just got my photos from 2000 and 2001 vacations put into photo albums tonight.

My food has been good. I have not lost any more weight YET.
Famous last words...."when I get back from vacation" ... LOL ... I am going to really start my exercise program and get back to drinking my water and the whole nine yards. I am going to get back to eating fish for lunch again... and up my salads and veggies. I know what it takes and I am going to DO IT !!!

It is after 3:30am so I am headed for bed. Just wanted to touch base before they shut this site down.
HANG IN THERE.... don't turn to food.... don't let a couple of days off this site give you permission to overeat.
Trust me.... staying on program really does FEEL better than that food tastes.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:06 AM   #24  

Mornin' Ladies,

Just had to stop in and say Hi. I tried to do a walking tape yesterday afternoon. Made it thru 10 - 15 minutes and pooped out . But I did get to the Y did my 45 min. aquajogging class and another 45' before the class started. I was waterlogged by 8:30 but felt GREAT!

It's still hot, hot, hot here. And the rain is going around us. Look like it'll cool by Sunday night.

Remember what 2Cute said "HANG IN THERE.... don't turn to food.... don't let a couple of days off this site give you permission to overeat." Sew, walk, sleep, talk to the wall but don't eat.

Off to make the $'s,
Old 08-16-2002, 07:34 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Just a quicky
I'll miss all of you this weekend but we mustv all stay op.
See you all on Monday or Tuesday
Old 08-16-2002, 08:49 AM   #26  
a work in progress...

Well, my girls, by the time the site is ready, I'll be on my way to Maine. We'll be back Sept 1, probably. Today is packing day, so I'm not going to make this post too wordy...too much to do.

I forgot to post my WI (etc) results on Wednesday...drum roll...254, clothed, for a loss of 5 lbs. I have every intention of losing a few more on vacation. I plan on being very active, and eating out shouldn't be a problem...it's when I'm home alone that I start to pick and nibble...

I was happy to see your little dancing elephant, 2cute! Have a great vacation...I hope things work out for you with the house!

Malia...the garden sounds divine. I wish I could see it. I love the idea of the stenciled bricks. You're right, it IS fun, hardwork. Great exercise too.

Lucky...the only "god of the guitar" that I know of is Eric Clapton. I can tell I'm getting old because I like his "Unplugged" slower, more mellow stuff. Still love anything Beatles. Being a Jersey girl, of course, I think Bruce is the BOSS! Actually, I like his older stuff (pre-"Born in the USA") most of all, but hey, he's homegrown. gotta love the man! He lives less than 20 miles from here. So does Bonjovi, but who cares?

I just got a call from the dog groomer, gotta get her over there by 9, then I have to skedaddle over to the post office to stop the mail. Then off to CostCo for some last minute stuff. I guess that means I'd better get my big butt in gear.

See you all in two weeks...keep up the good work...love you all.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:16 PM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys... just because they are closing down this weekend doesn't mean we still don't have today.
I am going to go start a new thread so we have plenty of room to chat until they pull the plug... I think at midnight. ????

So....DONT POST HERE.... instead go to #202 .
Old 08-19-2002, 01:18 PM   #28  

Wink

Okay Keeping this quick ....

Hi All

WI for me this afternoon. Had to guzzle down lots of water this morning. Guess you all know where I'll be running to later today.

TINA: Now I'VE got to figure out how to attach GIF's. They're adorable!

STEPH: Another pound down! Y E S !!!

MARY: Potluck sounds yummy. I've got to go to a friend's, son's, eagle scout induction tonight so it's going to be a quick supper crammed between my WW meeting and the scout thing for me.

Don't know if I'll be back later tonight. Depends on whether my ISP has picked up the server change. If not I'll see you all in the mornin.
Closed Thread