Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Why Do I Eat So Much?:(

Help!!!

I haven't used a nutrition tracker in a few months, so I decided to start it up again. EEK! First off, let me say that I'm trying to lose 10 lbs., and am having a hard time having the right foods ( family dinners absolutely KILL me.) I tried using a nutrition tracker on this one site, and have set my calories for 1200-1400. Is there a tracker on here? I don't remember. I'm thinking of taking up fitday again as well.

Anyway, I'm a piggy! I hate myself I'm over on everything. I'm finding that I have the most calories in the morning. So that's it. No more peanut butter. No more nuts/nut mixes. I currently live with my parents, and they've been pressuring me to have them (you know moms. Always thinking their kids are too skinny. Even adult children!) But no more.

I don't know what I'm asking for here. Support? I've already had too many calories today, and I don't know what to do with myself. Keep on exercising, I suppose. Burn it off.

Alright, going to check out fitday again. We shall see...

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Do you plan out what you're going to eat? If you plan it out and count out the calories ahead of time, it might be easier to stick.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Well, sometimes Mom's do know best. Your goal weight of 105 is in the "Underweight" BMI category, and maybe your mom has a possible reason to worry? Your weight right now is on the low end of Normal so um...well, out of curiosity, why do you want to get underweight? What would the benefit be?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Is that you in your avatar? How much did you weigh when that picture was taken?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #5  
19Deltawifey

I think 105 is really low and maybe your parents are worried that when you get down to 105 you might try to get down to 100 lbs or less. Dont beat yourself up for eating I think you should personally try to maintain at your current weight but this isn't the 1st post from you that caught my eye. Your to hard on yourself. You said you weighed 105 a year ago or something like that but that is underweight. Just be happy with where you are is 10 lbs really gonna make that big of a difference?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

I didn't pay attention to the weight/height ratio and agree with others that the weight is low now that it's been pointed out.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

You could focus on getting the healthiest 1200-1400 calories you can possibly get and see where that takes you. What are you eating now?
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Hmm.. Much to think about. Yes, that is me in my avatar. I forget exactly when it was taken, but I think I must've been about 119 or so pounds. It was taken a while back, but I've only lost about 5 lbs. since last November

What do I eat? It's usually the same stuff over and over again, except for dinner. For breakfast, it is cereal with soy milk. Snack is usually either some mixed nuts or a banana with peanut butter on it. Lunch has been soups lately because it's so COLD! and a yogurt or something like that. Another snack after that. Dinner is made by my mom, and is pretty high calorie. Lots of oils and cheese... I would like to make my own, but don't know how to cook!

As for my weight/height... I think I'm going to be fine. It's not drastic or anything, and I hope I'll feel much better!

Mrslovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I suggest focusing on your health with light exercise and toning with weight training if you're unhappy. Do you remember when Princess Diana went through trouble with Bulimia and she looked ill and even pudgy? Then she got healthy and she started to tone. Man, what a difference. She began eating more normally and she was healthier and she looked amazing. The bulimia made her look horrible. The toning made her look amazing.

So again, I suggest actually increasing the calories and toning.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You mentioned that you hope you will feel better. Are you not feeling physically well? Are you tired, listless, lethargic? Or is it a different well that you speak of? Which ever one it is, I'm not sure how being underweight would help.

What does your exercise regimen look like? Perhaps that's an area where you can make improvements on. It can help you to feel better.

Maybe you might want to rethink why losing weight would be beneficial for you. And maybe you might want to think what other ways you could make yourself feel better.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

As I've posted on one of your threads before, maybe you should consider seeing your doctor about your weight loss goals, and getting a referral to a registered dietitian. I think this would be a really good move for you to get better information about your weight and your eating than you can get on this or any other website.

I imagine that you are "eating so much" because your body needs nutrition, but I am not a professional and am only guessing. Better to talk this over with your doctor, IMO.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #12  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

I have to agree with the other comments here... My dear, your height can't possibly support a weight of 105. Yes, I know you're petite, but you're only hurting yourself by trying to lose so much weight.

Please don't take this the wrong way, we're only trying to help you.

When a person eats as little as you do, their body begins going into starvation mode which causes them to eat more than they used to. You may think it's fat, but it's actually a layer of insulation. The thicker that layer the less cold you feel and the less frequently you get sick! Strange but true. Your weight is only the beginning of a domino chain that ultimately ends up at an eating disorder. It goes like this:

Weight - Skin tone - Organ health - Stomach health - Anorexia nervosa

Believe it or not, if you put less food into your stomach than you need, you WILL give yourself stomach problems. I just wonder if you should talk to your mother about why she keeps trying to feed you as much as she is, find out what's on her mind. Talking is healthy too. Just my two cents.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

So, when you say you entered food into a nutrition tracker, how many calories are you eating, and how much fat and protein?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLovett View Post
Anyway, I'm a piggy! I hate myself

I've already had too many calories today, and I don't know what to do with myself. Keep on exercising, I suppose. Burn it off.

MrsLovett
The height weight thing aside it is statements like these that are concerning.

If you eat more than desired today, you just move on to the next day and start fresh. You dont try to compensate by exercising more.

Comments that show self loathing cause reasonable concern.

Quote:
It was taken a while back, but I've only lost about 5 lbs. since last November
Regardless of what is a healthy weight for you personally, then it, to expect to lose weight rapidly at a weight of 115 is unrealistic. Quite often those fighting for the last few pound find that they come off very very slowly.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I went and looked at some of your blog posts and just 6 months ago you thought that 120 was your goal weight even though your dietician wanted you to remain at 135 for awhile. What happened between then and now to make you pick 105? The rate that you lost weight prior to November makes it highly likely that you lost a lot of muscle and muscle tone. Replacing that will do more for your health and appearance than losing more weight.

You have posted elsewhere that you know you have Body Dysmorphic Disorder and that you really aren't seeing yourself accurately.

We are concerned about you.

Last edited by ennay; 01-11-2010 at 12:54 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote