Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

You need to see a doctor. You sound exactly like a person who is flirting with an eating disorder. If you hate yourself and you are already almost underweight, no amount of restricting calories (which you are starting to burn off your muscle, btw) is going to make you feel better. Being formerly overweight doesn't make you immune to be dangerously underweight. Of course your family is worried - you are saying some scary, irrational things.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

And in http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...-disorder.html,

OP states she has been diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder and OCD.

You *need* to speak to a professional therapist about this. You are really doing your mental health a disservice by staying on a weight loss website. You talk about how much you hate yourself - nobody but a professional can help you with this.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
And in http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...-disorder.html,

OP states she has been diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder and OCD.

You *need* to speak to a professional therapist about this. You are really doing your mental health a disservice by staying on a weight loss website. You talk about how much you hate yourself - nobody but a professional can help you with this.
I agree... It seems like you have an unhealthy attitude and obsession with what you are putting in your body... I strongly recommend you seek professional help. I am not judging you, but it is easy to get carried away with weight loss. There is a fine line between a healthy weight and anorexia... you are flirting with that line. Living with your parents must be hard (I am not sure how old you are) but I guarantee you they have your best intentions at heart. Keep in mind, if you go too low on your calories, your body and metabolism will ultimately shut down. You dont want to destroy your efforts by starving yourself. You have come so far and I want you to succeed in your journey to be healthy, not just thin. Please get help.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Hi again,

I have spoken to a professional for the past several years. I have a therapist. We never have been able to get to the root of my problems I guess. Finances are bad lately, and I've had to go from seeing her every week to seeing her every other week. Last month I only saw her once, with the holidays and all.

I've been around 105 lbs. before (a year or two ago). Thank you all for your concern

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #20  
2010 is my year!

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'6

MrsLovett, listen to the ladies here. You're pretty tall for a weight of 105. Take a few weeks off the weight loss kick and focus more on being healthy. see how you feel then.
vontrese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

I've already taken a break though... it's been two months since I've lost any weight. It's really sad. I just joined a Valentine's Day Challenge and hope to get to 110 lbs. by then. I don't even know if I can reach that challenge. Joined it at the beginning of the month.

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Well it seems as though none of the ladies on here can really change your mind. If you want to get down to 105 despite how unhealthy it is for your height (even for small frames this is low), your body may stop functioning. If you don't feel well, you could not be getting proper nutrients and if you lose enough bodyfat, you will stop getting your period, have hairloss, develop serious heart problems, etc. I suppose if you are eating 1200-1400 a day and are able to attain 105 and maintain then that may be where your body wants to be. Eventually your BMR will lower and adjust and require less calories...so you will have to eat less to maintain. Good luck. I understand sometimes what we strive for something that most think is not right...but you may just have to discover contentment on your own. Just know that all of us on here care about you and promoting health instead of a number on the scale.

Last edited by charlottekelsey; 01-12-2010 at 09:14 AM.
charlottekelsey is offline   Reply With Quote