Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #1  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Default [..........] (Or... Insert witty title here.)

I went to my dad's for supper on New Year's Day, which is kind of a tradition around here. The meal we had was very healthy and very delicious. We had:

Ham (I had two pieces the size of the palm of my hand)
Homemade scalloped potatoes
Asparagus
Carrots (I think)
Cabbage rolls (made by my brother's girlfriend)

Dessert was angel food cake with maple walnut fudge as icing. We each had one slice (my brother's girlfriend ate the cake and gave the icing to him because she's allergic to nuts).

Now I'm wondering what to do because I went to weigh myself at my dad's (I don't own a scale) and it said after that meal I weighed 221 pounds. His scale is notorious for weighing wrong... It said I was 205 before my gallbladder surgery back in 2006, but the scale at the hospital said I was 198. 7 pound difference within 3 days. Should I take the data from my dad's scale and subtract 7 pounds or should I go out and get a scale of my own when I get the money to do so? (I's poor at the moment.)
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I would say definitely get a scale when you have the money... I started out weighing on my mom's scale, and I could get off and on and each time it would give me a different number. So when I was able to I bought a scale for my house, and it's wayyyy more accurate. As least I think so, ha
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/160/140

Height: 5'5"

When I could afford it , I would go ahead and purchase an inexpensive scale of my own and use that one to get my starter weight. It is always better to use one scale only, weigh at the same part of the day and in the same clothing, or better yet naked.
I always weigh in the morning after using the bathroom in my birthday suit, and declare that as my true wieght for the day. I will confess that I can be obsessed with it and do occasionally weigh myself at night and in the afternoon just to "see" what where I'm at.
Good Luck
justformenow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #4  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

hehe

Thanks, I'll see what I can find. I'd prefer it if my dad's scale wasn't snugged right up against the wall... My gut always gets in the way!
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Until then dont get on the scale at all. You can pick up a cloth measuring tape for ~ $1.00 Every couple weeks measure 3 or 4 locations on your body and go from there.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I had a scale that was a good 15 lbs off, lower. I loved it. But it gave me a nice and accurate downward trend. I figured when I lost 10 pounds on it, I really had lost 10 pounds. It was the kind with a dial, not digital so hopping on off the thing made no difference, but holding onto the towel bar did! Oh, the many ways I amuse myself.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote