Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default pictures of yourself

Ok...so I'm always curious how celebrities keep slim and trim.. (not the obvious anorexic ones) but the women who have had babies and are in back in shape in no time. I know they can afford to have personal trainers and chefs and such but still when they talk about their diet and workout plans I just like to know! anyone else?

Ok, so I saw or read where Heidi Klum will take a naked pic of her herself after having a child and she will look at it daily to remind her what she looks like and that she needs to work on her diet and exercise. Now, I'm not gonna take a naked pic but having a pic of myself to remind me of what I look like would be great inspiration. Just looking in the mirror doesn't do it...pics really show ....I always try to avoid the camera these days (sigh)

Also, Jillian Michaels keeps a pic of her butt on her fridge to remind herself to make good choices when she gets a snack or fixes a meal. She said her butt is always where she gains first. LOL!

I guess both of these beautiful, fit women need reminders just like we do! It's so easy to forget what you really look like and just move up and up in jeans sizes and before you know it someone has taken a pic of you and you are like HOLY COW! I look like that?!?!

What do you guys think? Take a pic as a reminder? I'm going to!!!!!!!!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/196/135

Height: 5'2"

I know there's alot of people here who use pictures to keep track. I know I have a few pictures of myself that just gross me out and I'm glad to be getting away from that. Actually there's one with my boyfriend from like that 2nd day we were together that I want to go back to the same place for our one yr and retake to see what a difference there is.

As for the celebrities, being in shape/attractive is their job and their livelyhood. In order to get jobs and stay out of the tabloids (well one less reason at least) they NEED to do this.
initfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #3  

oh that would be cool to go back and take pics again and see that change.

Yes...I know they have to do this to have a job but they are still human and have challenges like we do. Just like how alot of them are going to WW, Jenny Craig, and Nutrisystem cause they get PAID to go through that program too but they still face the risk of gaining it back like Kirstie Alley. Wouldn't it be nice if someone paid you to lose weight? I think that would be awesome!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/196/135

I seriously can't wait to do that. I've even played w photoshop to see how it'd look. I bet having cash and not having to work 9-5+ to survive helps get that babyweight off too!

Last edited by initfor; 01-07-2010 at 09:52 PM.
initfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #5  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

I was seriously camera-phobic for the past few years (as my weight increased so did my fear of cameras). The few pictures I've found of myself at my high weight aren't easy to look at but I've found to be a great motivation. I took a picture of myself a few weeks ago and use it as the wallpaper on my laptop (weird I know)...it reminds me how far I've come and helps motivate me to get off the computer and exercise, lol.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #6  
... fabulous!

I just recently took bikini photos of myself... mostly because I regret doing it before... and I wanted some motivation.

...now this sounds quite bad, but when I loaded them on to my computer to save them I thought to myself, "hey, I look pretty darn good!". haha.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I keep a pictorial album of my weight loss journey and it helps (and amazes me).

But I won't be taking any nude pics...ever..heck, I don't even get nude for a shower

Last edited by Onederchic; 01-08-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/269.2/180

Height: 5'6''

I have taken naked photos of myself and I am going to put them on my phone tomorrow so that I can look at them and remind myself how HORRIBLE they are!
myweightlosstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #9  

I think I will get my daughter to take a pic of me today so I can look at it every day.. I've never been this big in my life.. I dont even have facial features any more...just one round face LOL! I can see that it is working for you guys! I think I might need that daily reminder. Thanks guys!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #10  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie789 View Post
I took a picture of myself a few weeks ago and use it as the wallpaper on my laptop (weird I know)...it reminds me how far I've come and helps motivate me to get off the computer and exercise, lol.
this is not weird at all. I made a COLLAGE of bad pictures of myself for my laptop desktop. I even used photoshop to write in big letters my starting weight and THINK BEFORE YOU EAT. lol

it's 31 lbs later and I'm still going strong! so definitely a GREAT motivator.

I take pix of myself in a swimsuit every 2 weeks. In the beginning it felt like I was just stressing myself out because I couldn't see any difference but now I can so it's totally worth documenting.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #11  

InControl2day....congrats on the 31 pounds! The pics are really working for you!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #12  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I used to hide from the camera but now I jump out front, LOL.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #13  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Heck taking pictures of myself in clothes is hard enough let alone naked. I guess it's a good idea to keep you motivated.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #14  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I have two pictures of me in high scholl when I was at my heaviest on my fridge. It really helps. AND me writing on a piece of paper and placing in my pocket how much I weighted at my biggest. that also helps me.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweightlosstrip View Post
I have taken naked photos of myself and I am going to put them on my phone tomorrow so that I can look at them and remind myself how HORRIBLE they are!
Don't lose your phone!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote