Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #1  
Oh buddy, it's on!

Default Slap in the Face!

After working out yesterday, I decided to step on the scale (something I haven't done in a very long time). I was expecting to see a high number but when the scale said 220, I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. I knew it was bad, I just didn't think it was that bad. I gained all the weight back I lost a couple of years ago and then some. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I guess I was ignoring it for way too long. I was so close to breaking down last night and just gorging myself with all of my comfort foods: potato chips, twizzlers, cheeseburger/fries, etc. but I gained control and told myself "I can't be 250 by the end of 2010".

I have to do this.
Katy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #2  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Take a deep breath and realize that number is only a starting point. That B*&^% scale is a tool so just use it track your progress, not to beat yourself up. You've taken a huge first step. You're making good choices, you didn't binge last night, you're going to the gym. You can do this. And you WILL do this. With hard work & determination, it won't be long before you're out of the 220s for good, and then the 210s, and then the 200s... Big Hugs, and pm if you need anything. xoxo
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I've been avoiding the scale too and was similarly shocked when I got on - it's definitely no fun, especially when you know how hard you worked the first time! But being back here is the first step, you know HOW to get down, we just both have to work on the maintaining. Just here to say I hear you, it's not a ton of fun, but congrats for coming back and facing it head on.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #4  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

actually try to go out and have fun diet and excersize doesnt have to be a chore. take some time for yourself (if its realistically possib;e because life happens) and try joining a sports group. the nice thing about this is that you will have an in every time the sport's season comes around.

but thats just my 2 cents.
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

And you WILL. It's really good, IMO, that you faced it and are done with it. Now you know, and you can move on to working HARD to be where you want to be

good luck girl!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 PM   #6  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I think stepping on the scale is half the battle seriously. I've avoided the scale for YEARS and my parents would push me to step on it and I would fight and argue to avoid it at all costs. Denial, denial, denial..

Congratulations on being BRAVE and biting the bullet. Now that you KNOW where you start, you can be more motivated to NEVER see this # again.

Best of luck to you! New Year, New You!
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote