Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

Hi there! i've been "forced" to eat there TWICE in the past month, and i never go there! Anyway, the first time I went, I got the Weight Management Grilled Chicken:
Lightly Pounded Chicken Breast Charbroiled and Topped with a Tomato and Arugula Salad. Garnished with Steamed White Rice and Asparagus. Under 590 Calories.

That is a lot for lunch, but you can always take the second half home for dinner, or not eat the rice and save yourself a couple hundred calories.

The second time I went I got the Herb Crusted Salmon Salad. It's not one of their weight management salads, but now I was just trying to not devour a huge bowl of pasta and thought this looked tasty without being high in carbs:

Our Wonderful Fresh Herb-Crusted Salmon Served Chilled on Top of Baby Lettuces, Tomato and Vegetables. Tossed in Our Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Good luck! And stay away from the bread basket!!
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Factory Burger with the top part of the bun removed. No fries. De-lish.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #18  

P.S. When I was actively losing weight, I ate this *every single Friday.*
Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #19  

I got the miso grilled salmon with broccoli instead of rice and asked for my food not to be cooked in oil...hope it helped!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #20  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

Sounds good, thanks for sharing! Hope you had a nice time.
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I go to restaurants a lot, and in general I order grilled chicken without toppings. If it seems oily, I dab it with napkins to get rid of some of the grease. Alternatively, I will get a burger, plain, and eat only a small part of the bun or order a turkey sandwich on whole grain minus any bacon or mayo. Or at a fancier place I'll get a filet mignon and plain baked potato. I've eaten out often throughout my weight loss. If I have a big meal at lunch, I'll compensate by eating a little lighter at dinner. You can dine out almost anywhere, but just make healthier choices and watch what you eat the rest of the day.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #22  

kellost: I'm also a big fan of the filet mignon and steamed vegetables at restaurants. Usually, it is an 8oz filet, though, which is too much for me at dinner, and because it's expensive, I sometimes feel bad not finishing it. Usually I can pawn some off on my husband.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #23  

Hi - check chiming in to say that I just ate lunch at Cheesecake! I had 1/2 Factory Burger on wheat, steamed broccoli, and diet Coke.

Approx. 400 calories

[1/2 of 737 calorie burger
35 calories for steamed broccoli
No fries!]
Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

This is stupid, but I always feel embarrassed ordering "diet" foods when I am out. One thing I've found is that non-cream chicken soups and some bean soups are often low calorie, especially if you ask them to hold the cheese/avacado/tortilla/croutons whatever they have for toppings (350-450 calories, for a bowl). Soup also takes a while to eat, so you finish with everyone else.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote