Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

Default Excuses Begone?!

Hey ladies,

So i'm sitting on my couch right now and flipping through the channels and noticed on PBS a program called "Excuses Begone." It's led by this sort of self help guru Wayne Dyer... He discusses the excuses people use that get in the way of reaching their potential, and of course this all rings a bell with weight loss. I'm not usually one for this new agey self help kind of stuff, but it is interesting (I def. have used these excuses before) and it can't hurt so I thought I'd put it out there in case any one was curious and looking for something to watch this Sunday morning!

Also - anyone familiar with him? What do you think?
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I like Wayne Dyer. Some of his stuff seems kinda obvious and shallow to me, but it might not to someone else. (I don't mean that egotistically; it's just that I've been exploring these ideas for a long time.) I think excuses are just that, excuses. Sometimes we can come up with a long list of justifications and logical "reasons" for them, but the fact is, we are doing what we are doing because we chose to. (I'm talking about adults here who aren't suffering under terrible burdens of poverty, abuse, mental or physical illness, and so on.)

If we're talking about excuses for not losing weight, yeah, those are all just excuses. For example, I had such a busy life that I did not have time for exercise. How could I possibly get everything done that I had to do? Of course, my body didn't care what the excuse or reason was.

I decided that I could find the time for an hour and a half of exercise/activity most days of the week (5-6 days). I scheduled that time: half hour walk in the morning, an hour at the YMCA in the afternoon. And then I did it. And just like magic I found that I was still getting just as much work done as I ever did. Huh. Go figure.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 01-03-2010 at 10:22 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #3  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

I haven't heard of him, but it does seem interesting! Kind of like The Secret, I gather?

Thanks for the tip!

Annie

http://www.299lbs.wordpress.com
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote