3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   The Five-pound Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/18895-five-pound-challenge.html)

Amarantha2 08-06-2002 06:41 PM

The Five-pound Challenge

I hate to bring this up, what with so many great challenges and challengers on this terrific board, plus the fact that I never finish them, but I want to make a new SHORT challenge from myself (Empress Amarantha/Elbertine Pep) to myself (ibid) and anyone who'd like to do it. If you don't, I'll be crushed but understandeth!

Most of the time we challenge ourselves to be at a certain weight by a certain date or to practice certain behaviors for a certain amount of time. But I'd like to just see how long everyone thinks it'd take them to lose exactly five pounds so we could compare results. It could be a day; it could be a month; it could be a year! Doesn't matter, just a sort of scientific experiment. We could ante up a date and keep a running list on this thread, updating and pasting in the new data as each poster posts, thusly (maybe?):

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1 (CURRENT WEIGHT 165)

Anyone else?

168/165/135

:cbg:

Marusha 08-06-2002 07:19 PM

Hi Amarantha:

I will take you up on your challenge. I need some inspiration. I have been exercising (golf and walking my dog) but I can't seem to stop eating the wrong things.

So I think if I commit myself to it, I can lose 5 pounds by August 27th (3 weeks). :strong:

I will report in every Tuesday to this thread if that suits you.

Marusha (I wish my current weight was 165.)

Amarantha2 08-06-2002 09:07 PM

Yay, Marusha ...

... taketh me up on my challenge. Thanks! Report when it pleaseth you! :)

Re 165, I'm happy enough at that weight only concerned about it because five years ago, I weighed somewhere in the neighborhood of 247 and over time got down to the low 140s ... so this upward trend needs to be reversed! I also need to take weight off my knees very badly. Picture someone with bad knees carrying around an extra five pound sack of flour all day and that's why I just need this jumpstart challenge. You helped me by posting! :)

Don't worry, Marusha, I just feel you'll be successful in your journey. Me, too. Here's the new list:

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 1

MARUSHA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 27

Punkinseed 08-07-2002 10:23 AM

I'll accept your challenge Emp. Amarantha!

I Terri, Queen Punkinseed, ruler of Friday, do hereby decree:

I will lose 5 pounds by 9/9 (a little less than 5 weeks).

Currently: 235.5
9/9 goal: 230.0 :cb: (ok, 5.5 pounds by 9/9)

I weigh in on Mondays and I'll post progress to this thread.

Woohooooo!

Terri

Amarantha2 08-07-2002 10:29 AM

The sun riseth ...

Upandaway from the 21-Day Challenge posteth the following on that thread. Thanks and welcome to Upandaway. Happy dance coming up!!!

Quote:

Amarantha I'll take your 5 lb. challenge, though I'm not going to put a time table to it. I'll do a happy dance just to get through 5 lbs.!" ~ Upandaway

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY UNDETERMINED DATE

Hooray for Amarantha, Marusha, and Upandaway, who've vowed to chase FIVE POUNDS away!!!

:dance: :cb: :cp: :hat:

Amarantha2 08-07-2002 10:43 AM

Well, ok, the quote thing didn't work! To see Q. Upandaway's pledge in detail, hie thee to the 21-Day Challenge! :)

While Amarantha posteth, Q. Punkinseed o' Friday hath signed up for the FIVE POUND CHALLENGE (woo-hoo, thanks), leaving the list thusly:

PUNKINSEED, FIVE POINT FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

RycherBabe 08-07-2002 01:36 PM

So how is everyone doing with the challenge?

I'll take your challenge also.

I'm 204. I'll give myself until Labor Day Sep. 2nd to lose five pounds. I weigh in on Wednesday so I'll come back next week and let you know how I'm doing. :)

Amarantha2 08-07-2002 07:54 PM

So now we are FIVE!!!!!Thanks, RycherBabe for joining us!

Hooray for the POWER OF FIVE!!!

The next to join will turn us into the POWER OF SIX FOR FIVE!!! Then, the POWER OF SEVEN FOR FIVE!!! ETC.

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-POINT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 2

:cb:

Karena 08-07-2002 11:02 PM

Maketh that the POWER OF SIX-my lucky number! I pledge to lose 5 pounds by August 26th. This is just what I need to keep me on track while on vacation next week!

Amarantha2 08-08-2002 03:25 AM

The Power of Six ...

... it is!!!

Thanks for joining in, Karena, bringing your lucky number with you! Hope you have a great, on track vacation.

And the six future losers of five are:

KARENA, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 26

:flow1: :flow2: :doh:

Byrd 08-08-2002 07:44 AM

All right gals, I'll join your challenge as well!!!!!!!

I'm a yo-yo'er & trying to work my way back down :stress: I just "started" back (on my own) last Monday & had set a goal of 10 lbs for 8/19 (back to school) & have lost 7 so far, so I'm gonna push the ball & say 5 lbs more by 8/19 :flame:

I think I can, I think I can......I know I can, I know I can!!!!!!!!!

181CW
176 by 8/19....2 more lbs & I'll be in another point range:dance:
130 GW

Amarantha2 08-08-2002 07:52 PM

Five to the power of seven ...

Welcome to Byrd (Seven of Five). Congratulations on your seven pounds down and thanks for joinging the Challenge of Five!!! :)

Here's the new list:

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 19

jusdoit 08-08-2002 08:15 PM

5 to the power of 8...please

I'm a lurker from waaaay back and I've been between 5-8 pounds from goal from waaaay back. I'd like to join your challenge and lose 5 pounds by September 9. I can just feel the energy here....... May I?

Byrd 08-08-2002 09:55 PM

Yes, of course you can, Jusdoit........& the best of luck to you:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Amarantha2 08-08-2002 11:02 PM

Eight is great ...

Hello to the eighth Five Challenger, Jusdoit! She's gonna do it (lose five pounds)!!! Here's the new list:

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY AUG. 19

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9

A journey of a thousand miles begins with FIVE POUNDS!

:cp: :cb: :hb: