Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #16  
19Deltawifey

Yup Im wondering the same thing also, what the heck was I thinking. Im just praying to maintain. Right now Im on vacation until the 4th so Im just sitting around the house relaxing. I can't wait to go back to work, it keeps me busy and its not that hard to watch my eating when Im very busy. I actually forget to eat when Im busy but when I have nothing to do all I think about is food
Old 12-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think maintaining through the holidays is a much bigger achievement than we usually give credit for.

Just "not gaining" is very nearly as much an achievement as losing. Especially when it seems that even if you can keep the holiday food fest out of your own home (which is a big if, and isn't always possible, but for the most part hubby and I have this year) - you're still confronted with it everywhere you go.

Even at the public library (not to mention the shops and stores) - I couldn't seem to escape platters of complimentary cakes, cookies, candies, and hot beverages (and always it seemed the calorie-laden kind: hot cocoa, mulled cider, cappuccino, chai...).

If it weren't for my wheat-paranoia (I think I'm allergic), I'm not sure I would have escaped that bon-bon minefield unscathed (my Christmas miracle this year was a no-gain holiday).

Last edited by kaplods; 12-27-2009 at 08:23 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #18  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

Gosh, this thread makes me feel better.

I've been focusing on the guilt for what I've done wrong instead of thinking about how well I'm doing despite the holiday.

Though I've eaten big meals I've done pretty well to avoid junk food for healthier choices. And I've only missed 2 workout days so far in December.

I should be proud of that instead of beating myself up for being a fat loser. Plus I've had a good time this holiday. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything. I think that's really important because if I feel deprived I might not behave myself so well next time. Thanks for opening my eyes, guys!
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote