Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #31  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

I don't want to say it at my current weight. However when I was previously at goal a few years I was usually around 134. Everyone always guessed 115 to 120. I always laughed and said I was 134. Ah how things change!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I've also been very secretive about my start weight. My close friends are starting to catch on though as I tell them I've lost 36-37 lbs and yet the physical changes so far are small. I've promised my best friend that I'll tell him the start weight when I'm somewhere "less shameful". I think that's probably going to be when I make that glorious trip to onederland.
ALH289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudiha View Post
I think that all of you who are uncomfortable about discussing your weight need to move to the UK. I've only ever been asked once in a non-medical context how much I weigh, it was by a woman I was booking horse riding lessons with and she was so embarrassed by asking the question, she skirted around it for about five minutes. She started off with 'I'm terribly sorry, I know that this might seem awfully rude but we have to know for the sake of the horses, so if you could just give me a very vague impression, within a stone or two, I'm not going to write it down anywhere or anything like that and I have an awful memory for that kind of thing myself, so I won't remember two minutes after you have told me...'
I love it. I wish more than a few people had any sense of manners. It's bad enough when they say the things they do, but then if you're at all gently offended, they are then either mystified and confused, or proceed to say there's something wrong with you.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
I love it. I wish more than a few people had any sense of manners. It's bad enough when they say the things they do, but then if you're at all gently offended, they are then either mystified and confused, or proceed to say there's something wrong with you.
We Brits are plenty rude and unkind to each other in lots of other ways, we're just all to frightened to ask a direct question.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #35  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I told my boyfriend how much I weighed today, and he couldn't believe it. He thought I weighed like 130lbs (um, seriously?? He obviously does not have a good eye for weights, lol).

On one hand, this makes me feel good. Much better than looking like I weigh more than I actually do, I suppose. But on the other hand it kind of annoys me too. I don't know why it does, lol.

It does feel good to say how much I weigh though. It's like I own the number now, I control it. I would be comfortable saying "Hi, my name is Megan, and I weigh 167lbs." Hehehe
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #36  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I use to care but then again I was 534 pounds at my highest, now that I am in the 320's I don't care who knows, almost everyone that I have told knows that I have lost 206 pounds so far and I always see them do some quick math in their head and then I get a look like "woah dude!" lol so yeah...I really don't care any more

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #37  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 165/156/145

I rarely have anyone ask how much I weigh. I guess I look lighter than I really am. I volunteered the info to a co-worker who I knew was on Weight Watchers (after she called me "tiny.") It seemed to really blow her mind at the time. I later overheard her telling another co-worker, "She weighs 152! When I hit my goal, I can look like that!"

My hubby didn't know how much I weighed until a couple years ago. A female friend of his lost a bunch of weight and was 120 lbs on a 5"2" frame. He said to me, "Isn't that how much you weigh?" I was 148 at the time. I gave him a big hug.
Katterina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
It seemed to really blow her mind at the time. I later overheard her telling another co-worker, "She weighs 152! When I hit my goal, I can look like that!"
This is exactly why I don't discuss my weight with anyone. No one needs to know my numbers--and I don't need to know theirs!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #39  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

my bf has always known my weight. I don't tell anyone else, except for medical reasons. I figure no one else needs to know. I would find it rude for someone to ask me, I take it be personal information.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #40  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 165/156/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
This is exactly why I don't discuss my weight with anyone. No one needs to know my numbers--and I don't need to know theirs!

Jay
Yeah, I can only imgaine how many others she told that I didn't overhear. Lesson learned...
Katterina is offline   Reply With Quote