Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 10:10 PM   #1  

Default New Member

Hello Everyone :

I am new to this forum, actually this is the first time I have participated in a chat line ever.
But I have been monitering this forum for a few days and you guys all sound so nice I decided to give it a try.
I need to lose 100 pounds and need all the support I can get.

I hope I am doing this correctly. Here goes.

Marusha
Old 07-26-2002, 02:55 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Welcome, Marusha! If you want support, this forum is a great place to be. I think it's the nicest group for weight issues on the web. There are lots of different mini groups with different approaches but everyone is very supportive. Best of luck in your weight loss journey.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Marusha,
Welcome to the forums. I've only been here for a short while as well, but the other posters here are so friendly and helpful!! I just wanted to say hi. Good luck in your weight loss.
Old 07-27-2002, 07:16 PM   #4  

You guys are so great to welcome me. Thanks.

I am really hoping I can get inspired to finally and forever lose the excess weight I have carried for so long. So I am using all the tools I can possibly find to help me do that but I'll tell you, I am having a hard time getting started.

I think I need a plan, or a list at least. I don't know. I think I will go to bed, have a nap and think about it. I got up at 6 a.m. to go to yard sales and then spent the day cleaning out the shed (so I could fit in the 'new' stuff I bought at the yard sales), so now after a 'diet' meal of baked macaroni and cheese, I am tired.

I want to get up in an hour to watch Big Brother 3. Do not sneer!!! I am desperate for something to watch on TV. There is nothing on at this time of year.

Talk to you soon. Thanks again for checking in on me.

M
Old 07-29-2002, 11:39 PM   #5  
CAR

Default A BIG WELCOME!

Hi Marusha & everyone else,

I too am a new member. I've been lurking for a while and thought it was time to jump in! I just joined WW tonight and am so excited about getting started on this weight loss journey. I know it will be a long one and I'm hoping between this site and the weight watchers meetings I will stay motivated. I'm one of those who want results NOW! I start out good and then quit. So, WW is my last ditch effort and it HAS to work! I've got 60 pounds to lose.

Hope everyone has a GREAT evening!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:53 PM   #6  

Hi Marusha, Car, and everyone else!

If you happen to be looking for a motivational and supportive thread to join, you'd be more than welcome at "300+ And Ready to Try Again." (I know Car has already made one post there!)

It takes a bit of time for ppl to get to know you and vice-versa but it is well worth the effort!

Marusha... This is the only chat line I've ever joined too! I think it was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time; it really helps keep me focused on eating healthy and losing weight. PLUS, I often post to keep myself outta the kitchen!

TTFN
Sara
Old 07-31-2002, 08:44 PM   #7  

Hi CAR:

Good for you for finally jumping in. I just love these (smilies).

If you need to chat I will be here. I try to log in every day. If I get the time at work its great because we have a direct connection and I don't have to compete with anyone for online time. But at home I have to fight with my son for airtime.

SaraJoy, actually that is one of the threads I 've been following, amazingly enough. It's like you guys can read my mind!! I am very happy I go the courage to jump in. Of course you may be sorry I did. I tend to get very chatty once I'm comfortable somewhere. But if it will help me to lose weight and keep it off then you will all just have to suffer and put up with me.

I have been on my new "life" plan for about 4 days now and I feel gorgeous already. It's amazing how good you feel when you are taking good care of yourself. I often wonder why I don't...haven't... done it always. Must be some subconscious destructive thing going on inside me. But we don't want to go there. Because whatever it is it needs to be banished.

Gotta go for for now.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:20 PM   #8  

Talking Hi Again Marusha!

Well, whatcha waiting for then?! Come on over! I'll be expecting you!

AND... don't worry about being too chatty! We LIKE too chatty! I just joined the board 2 months ago and now I won't shut-up! In a bit of time, it'll seem natural to pop-in for a few minutes each day to post, get support from friends and keep focused!

Congratulations on being on plan for 4 days! That's all it takes--to start! With some determination and support from everyone here, you can turn that start date into something that changed your life forever! It's SO exciting! I've lost about 41 pounds since my start date and I've never been more motivated to keep going. 79 more pounds to my goal! That'll be SO sweet!

Hope to talk to you soon in 300+!
Sara
Closed Thread