Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Default Does TOM effect/change body inches?

I've been losing weight but my waist has not changed much in inches. In fact it was more than what I used to measure before. I was wondering if TOM will change or effect the body inches?
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Well, I don't really know the answer to your question, but I've read that you're not supposed to try on new jeans to buy during your period because of the bloating--which leads me to believe that there may be a slight difference...
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

My true waist doesn't change a whole lot with TOM (it's a few inches higher than my belly button), but around the belly button definitely does. I guess it's some bloating, and also I tend towards a slight constipation around that time.

Plus, I find it very hard to measure around the belly consistently anyway - it's hard to keep the tape perfectly level, and at least on me, moving up or down half an inch makes a big difference. Lots of curve going on there.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #4  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

It does for me. TOM tends to make me bloat and that can definitely increase my measurements.
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #5  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I was wondering sort of the same thing...I've lost around 15 pounds (maybe less since thanksgiving...I refuse to weigh right now though)...but I've seen no difference in my waist. My pants are getting baggy in the legs and the butt and seem to fit a LITTLE better around, but not much...

I figured I would see more of a change. I know there's not such thing as target loss, but is there anything that would help in that area?? That's the thing I want the most!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #6  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThicknPretty View Post
I was wondering sort of the same thing...I've lost around 15 pounds (maybe less since thanksgiving...I refuse to weigh right now though)...but I've seen no difference in my waist. My pants are getting baggy in the legs and the butt and seem to fit a LITTLE better around, but not much...

I figured I would see more of a change. I know there's not such thing as target loss, but is there anything that would help in that area?? That's the thing I want the most!
Just keep losing, you'll see the change eventually. As you note, there's no way to select which parts of your body the fat comes off of.

Also, waist size and shape, like everything else, varies widely from person to person. If you don't have a very well-defined waist naturally, you aren't going to develop an hourglass figure by losing weight. It may just be that your waist isn't holding as much fat as the parts where you are seeing more dramatic changes in measurements. Or, it may be that your waist just hasn't given up the fat yet. Keep losing and be patient.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThicknPretty View Post

SAME HERE. I'm just trying to be patient and focus on losing pounds.. I figure the rest should come (or go away!) with it.. ?!

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 11-30-2009 at 08:33 PM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote