Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #16  
No description available.

Go, Dinky!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #17  
Hopeless but harmless

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Go, Dinky!
CALLING MIDWIFE

I haven't been here long enough to be able to PM you but wanted to tell you that I trained as a midwife in 1974!!! Worse than that, I trained as RN in 1969 As you can tell, I am so out of date that I would be a danger if I ever went back on the wards

CALLING EVERYONE!

My second weigh in tomorrow and session with the dietician, will let you know how I get on

Last edited by Dinky; 11-29-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #18  
Hopeless but harmless

Just the 1 pound off this week, but further on down the road to fitness I may only lose one a month... who cares.. I'll get there.
The dietician is pleased with me, and very interested in this site. She feels my attitude has become so possitive since I've been on here so she's going to have a look and probably suggest to other patients that they will get support without judgement here.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #19  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

A pound off is a pound off, nice work! Every pound you lose is one that you didn't gain.

I've lost 28 lb since August 2008. So that's 64 weeks. That's an average of less than half a pound a week. Way less! But you know what? I'm in this for the long haul too, and if it takes me 5 years to get to goal, bugger it. I'll get there.

Keep it up. Your attitude is not only inspirational, but contagious as well. And I'm glad your dietician is going to visit. I think she'll like what she sees.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #20  
No description available.

Dinky,

35 years after your training we've figured out that the less we muck around with birth, the better. Who'd've thunk it?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #21  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Dinky, congratulations on your success so far! You're doing just great. Be proud of every pound you lose; they do add up! Keep up all the good work; we're all pulling for you.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #22  
Hopeless but harmless

Thanks everyone. I can't tell you how my attitude to healthy living and all your inspirational stories and messages for me have picked me up.
When i went to see the dietician she couldn't believe the chang in me, and its all thanks to you people.
Can't wait to do my 20 days and get a ticker. I know it won't move much, but it will move steady and surely. I'm planning to just look at a stone (14lbs) a time. That way, I will have a realistic goal and not get too downhearted.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #23  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

that's wonderful you have that kind of support and help.

I'm sure you're going to inspire lots and lots of people here (including me) with your weight loss and attitude!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote