Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #1  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Smile Daily food & exercise confessions #3

Please join in - post your daily food and exercise confessions!

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Echo - feeling better today? I get grumpy too, especially when I know I have to watch my servings. Grrr, why couldn't I have a raging metabolism and just eat and eat and eat?

Woohoo on thread #3! Man, I feel like we've been racing through these threads. It's great, I'm happy that this thread is still alive - it really keeps me on track and I don't think I would've gotten as far as I have if I didn't have to come on here and confess to my meals.

Angela - how're you feeling? Miss your regular posts! Red team misses you too.

Diane - yup, I hear you on the serving sizes. It really bugged when I used to eat cheetos from the vending machine. It's a "snack" sized bag (too big now, but back then I thought it was too small ) and it says 160 cals for a serving. I was all happy until I scrolled down and saw "servings per bag: 2". Boo to Frito-Lay.

So I lost 0.2 lbs from yesterday. Not too shabby! Calorie counting is my savior, for reals. So far, I've maintained twice. Once when I was at 160-ish and the second time when I was at 155-ish. Both times, I stopped calorie counting but still watched portions. Too bad my guesstimating skills are not that great because I would overeat calorie-wise. The minute I went back to counting calories, the weight drops consistently. I'm waiting for my lightbulb to switch on and keep this thought in my mind everyday. Especially when I reach for the whole bag of tortilla chips.

Alright ladies. I will be taking my walk/jog in another hour because I missed yesterday's exercise. I took a long nap in the afternoon and woke up 30 minutes before it got dark. Anyway, I'll workout today and take tomorrow off and the back to the grind during the week. Today I'm meeting my college buddy at Carrabba's Italian Grill and I'm excited about it but dang, those dishes are mucho caloric. I guess I'll have to cut whatever I order in half.

See you chicas later tonight.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies, my weight was back up today, but I am on plan...plus, I stopped seeing 176's so I am happy. I agree, calorie counting is the BEST method I have ever used. I need to remember 3 weeks ago I was 180 lbs and be happy with the progress I've made so far.

I finished yesterday off at 1230 cs. I was hungry from working in the garden all day, and today I had a breakfast shake, but then worked outside until 1:30, got a little too hungry. I had a big salad, with deli sliced chicken, 1 egg, 1/8 cup cheese, and 1 tbsp ranch. And an egg roll to boot.

I wanted more, but stopped at that, and had 1 coconut macaroon before I go back out to dig the rose bed.

I did ab work and arm work today on the pull up bar before going outside.

I went back and read alot of the other posts...What happened to the Thesis?

I am a major binger too. The best way for me to cut a binge, is to see how the binge food incorporates into my calories for the day. Since I am at 1200 cs / day. Binging just will mess me all up. So I am very careful! If you go to binge, take your food journal with you and write down what you have eaten...it's painful sometimes--but it helps to see how out of control you look on paper.

Last edited by jendiet; 11-21-2009 at 02:19 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #4  
Here we go again...

Jendiet - AMEN to the journal!! I have written down what I ate when I had a mini-binge and wow, was it shocking. It was so embarrassing too. I felt like such a hippo.

Today wasn't that bad calorically -

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, omelet (1 egg white, 1 whole egg, salt, dried basil & oregano), 2 flour tortillas, 1 tsp feta cheese (385 cals)

Lunch - 1/2 serving Pasta Carrabba (fettucine alfredo with mushrooms and peas and grilled chicken), 1/2 serving minestrone soup, 2 slices of bread with 1 tsp olive oil (770 cals)

Dinner - 1/2 serving pasta carrabba (450 cals)

Snack - apple (120 cals)

Total cals: 1725. I ate dinner really early for me (5:45 ish) because I was hungry after eating at noon. I'm guessing I will get really hungry in another 2 hours so I'll have an apple then.

Exercise: 35 minutes of walking with 1 mile jog. I forced myself to jog because I didn't want to feel guilty about my carb fest, haha.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #5  
Lose the holiday lbs!

hey Sunni, thanks for asking! yes feeling much better, now that i've recognised that i have a problem, i can take steps in dealing and controlling it.

thats awesome about the 0.2lbs loss! i totally agree, calorie counting is the best ! and it really works

im so glad that i kept a food journal otherwise i wouldnt have realised the binge days ive been having these past two months and why ive not been losing weight.

Jendiet, you're so right! i agree, its the best method ever!!

for me, i binge when i am really hungry and preparing my dinner, and i start eating everything cold cause im so hungry. so now that i've recognised that i do that. i make a conscious decision not to take even a single bite before i have made everything and everything is calorie counted for and im actually sitting down at the kitchen table

thanks for asking about the thesis. i have to go to the binding shop next week to get it bound and then can hand it into the powers that be, then i will be freeeeeeeeeeeeee

today i did not binge, 2nd day now.

my confession:

breakfast:

60g cereal 222cal
150ml semi sk milk 74cal
1 toast 120
light cream cheese 16g 25cal
total calories >> 441cal

then after 1 and half hours, i did cardio workout, biggest loser dvd hehe burned 500 calories.

then was starving. so i had a quick post workout snack, of almonds and raisens (54 calories)

then had lunch , a sandwhich and a banana and a treat (jaffa cake) >> total calories for lunch was 690 calories

then before dinner, i did my second workout of cardio, to burn another 500 calories. i did week 3 of c25k, and then i did interval sprints.

so cause i went over abit at lunch, i had to be careful with dinner. so opted for roasted veggies and yellow daal (lentil soup). with a few treats at the end of the meal - total calories for dinner was 391 calories

total calories eaten today was 1576 calories, went over my BMR calories by 52 calories.

calorie deficient today was: 1100 calories approximate predicted pound loss = 0.31 lbs.

i really want to keep this up everyday. no more binge days, so by the time my cousin comes, i want to be down to 150

Last edited by Echo; 11-22-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #6  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone:

I had set a goal of eating all the lettuce (at lunch) and spinach (breakfast) that I purchased for the week and I did it.

Sunni Great job on planning your foods with the added obstacle of going to Carrabba's.

Jen Please tell me about your breakfast shake.

Echo The other problem with cooking is that you have to taste for seasonings, etc. Those tastes have calories and it all adds up. Great job on recognizing these set backs and addressing them.

Confessions:

Breakfast
Spinach Omelet
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
honey 60
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 100 cal

Lunch (Panera)
1/2 Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich 340 calories
cup Broccoli Cheddar Soup 190

Snack: Few Nuts 90 calories

Dinner:
Boiled Jumbo Shrimp 6 100 calories
Steamed Spinach
Augratin Potatoes 150 Calories
Glass Sweet tea 100 calories (?)
Grilled Ribeye Steak approx 6 ounces 350 calories
Coconut Custard Pie slice 300 calories

Exercise:
No official workout. I went shopping and I bought a new pair of fitness shoes. Shopping counts, right?

Ouch! It looks like my calories were high today. They are around 2100. I hope I estimated some of these higher than they really are.

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-21-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #7  

Diana, the breakfast shake is really simple. it is just 1/4 cup of Carnation breakfast mix in 1 cup whole milk in the morning. I found the shake to be the best method for me to get breakfast since I tend to have a sluggish metabolism in the morning, sluggish metabolism and sluggish bowels. (prob from eating dinner too late--don't have a choice too much there). Good job on your food intake, not being too far off despite a Restaurant meal? Plus, shopping does count, as long as you are moving!

Echo-good that the Thesis is still on it's way. I hope everything works great! I am a cook too, and I have found since I cook alot of veggies, tasting them is the easiest route when I get the "tasties". I made collards, and german cabbage tonight.

Well, I finished the rose bed. It was a lot of work. Apparently the equivalent of walking 11.08 miles and 23,385 steps. It is great though.

Now, in order from the road, I have a Mr. Lincoln (deep red), a Kimberlina (soft pink), the Crepe Myrtle (burgundy cotton), the Magic blanket (soft white-pink rose), The Knockout (hot pink), King Midas (bright yellow), and the other Knockout (pink). The bed is 10 ft by 2 foot, and is mulched with black bark.

I was so sad because I had 3 Prunus Subhirtella Pendulas (Weeping Higan Cherry) and I didn't know what to do with them--they are too big to put near the property. We have huge Poplars and Walnuts already, but my SO decided we could plant them near the creek! great idea. I really want to enjoy their beauty.

well, so today I was extra hungry (more activity) and finished the day with 1400 cs. Still 185 under BMR. I finished with a 1136 caloried deficit (I do the same thing Echo! I have used this plan with Excel in the past, I didn't know JM suggested it)--with a 1.8 lb equivalent from previous days -6609 so far). I calculate all that in the food journal now, and not on Excel--so it's in my face all day. I use the activity calories from my Pedometer watch only. I know there will be more activity--but I use only this, unless it malfunctions.

Well, so dinner was oven barbequed chicken, collard greens, german cabbage, and 1/2 cup butter noodles. dessert was a coconut macarroon, and my night cap was hotcocoa with a splash of liquor!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #8  

Echo, thanks for making the new thread!

I've been having a pretty chill weekend, trying to take care of lots of errands and cleaning before my husband and I head to Florida for Thanksgiving. Thankfully, that's meant being at home lots and staying very much on plan.

Believe it or not, I'm still waiting to hear from the doctor about the ultrasound. I called them literally six times between Thursday and Friday and still no one has called me with the results. At this point, I've just decided not to worry about it until after Thanksgiving, regardless of the results. I've stopped eating cheese (the only thing I can figure is directly causing the attacks, because I ate it both times I've had one in the last two weeks), and am hoping to control the symptoms through diet until I get back home next week.

My confessions for yesterday:

B: Got up late and missed it, whoops.

L: black bean burger with bun and 1 tbsp ketchup, mixed greens salad with 1 tbsp honey ginger dressing

S: skinny cow vanilla ice cream cone

D: 5 morningstar buffalo chicken wings, 2 cups green beans, 20 baked bbq chips

E: 10 minutes stationary bike, 16 minute mile on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #9  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Diana - thanks!! well done on eating all the lettuce and spinach

Jendiet - Thanks!! and well done on finishing the rose bed i love the names of the flowers! so cute

i'm growing a sunflower at the moment, its indoors cause its so cold. its my little baby lol at the moment its just green leaves. i started with 4 pots but the others either didnt germinate or wilted. so i have one left.

hey thats awesome that you use excel. i dont think JM suggested excel in particular, she just mentioned keeping a journal diary. i like having an excel spreadsheet. hehe i like crunching the numbers! nice to have a fellow number cruncher hehe

like today, i ate 77 calories over my BMR calories, so i resisted eating a small chocolate treat, as it would have affected the decimal numbers lol and i didnt want to cancel out the workout i did today, especially cause i was feeling tired today.

taking a rest day tommorow. as i heard that its good to rest every 3 days of workout. JM is right, your body does need rest, and i've been working out intensely these past three days and today i felt tired during my workout.

hey awesome Jendiet, i use my pedometer aswell ! i use that to track my AMR calories and then add it to my exercise calories from my heart rate monitor, to figure out my total calorie deficient for the day. it just makes me happy to see the number at the end of the day.

Emily- you're so welcome, my pleasure aaww have a lovely time in florida. thats a good idea not to worry about the result till after thanksgiving.
==

my confession for today:

breakfast:

apple and blueberry porridge 229cal
raisen toast 96cal
cheese pickle and mini toast188

>>513cal

lunch:
1 banana 105cal
1 walnut (6g) 43cal
toast - 93cal
strawberry jam 8g 21cal
peanut butter 10g 60cal

>>322cal

dinner:
2 rotis 448cal
4g butter 22cal
saag (curry made of mustard greens, spinach and brocoli) 250g 270cal

>>740cal

dessert
30ml chocolate milkshake 26cal

total calories eaten 1601

went over calorie limit by 77 calories.

caloried burned through exercise (jillian michaels no more trouble zone workout)= 297calories

my current estimated BMR (basal metabolic rate) = 1502 calories

calories from daily activity (pedometer) = 623 calories.

estimated raised BMR ie my AMR (active metabolic rate) = 2422 {my bmr + daily activity (pedometer) + calories burned through exercise}

calorie deficient = 821 calories (2422 (AMR)-1601 (calories eaten)]

predicted pounds loss -0.23lbs

todays weight = 155.8lbs. Tomorrows predicted weight = 155.6lbs.

--

yesterday i predicted a calculated pounds loss to be 0.64lbs and this morning , i had an actual loss of 0.3lbs.
i really like tracking my weight with the digital scale. its helping me to stay within my calorie limit.

Last edited by Echo; 11-22-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #10  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone, it's back to work tomorrow! I never get everything done!

Confessions:

Breakfast
Egg McDiana
High Fiber English Muffin 100 calories
1 Piece precooked bacon cooked to remove more fat 25 calories
Egg 70 calories
2% American Cheese 50 Calories
Juice 100 calories
Coffee w/cream-sugar

Lunch We ate lunch at a locally owned restaurant. I think my meal was very similar to one at Panera, so I am using that info.
Grilled turkey, bacon, cheese sandwich w/lettuce tomato 720 Calories
fruit cup 60 Calories

Dinner
Sesame noodles w/shrimp & snow peas 420 Calories

Exercise:
30 Minutes to Fitness Weights (Premix Total Body plus active rest)
TJ 20 Minute Workout
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #11  

I swear today was terrible. I was HUNGRY all day. I think it's hormones, I can feel them shifting...I had a terrible time staying under 1500 but I am proud to say I did it!

At least it is a sign my metabolism is increasing--I learned that from someone else. I know I got alot of muscle to repair, but I really wanted to eat the fridge!

I took in 1485 cs, ONLY 100 below BMR. And I did 830 cs in activity. so -930 today. Since I cut back that should equal 2 lbs. Although I know if I am putting on muscle I need to look for the body change too. I ate alot of salt today too though. Trying to drink a little extra water to flush it.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

My stupid knee is acting up again (And I really must learn that twisting motions are my enemy and to be careful when I dance) so I've had to stop my treadmill and aerobics work for a few days. And of course, that put me on a plateau. Hoping for a "Whoosh" next week when I can do more than weights again!

Yesterday's confessions:

Exercise--20 minutes weights, 15 minutes stretches

Breakfast: 1 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, 1 tsp. Stevia; coffee, 1 Tbs. lowfat 1/2 and 1/2

Lunch: Salad with veggies and 1 sliced chicken breast, sauteed mushrooms, balsamic dressing; water

Snack: Low Carb tortilla rolled with goat cheese, chutney and lettuce; water

Dinner: 3 oz. grilled tuna with 1 Tbs. olive tapenade; grilled string beans; sauteed escarole; 1/2 roasted sweet potato; 1/2 glass red wine; water

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 11-23-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #13  
Here we go again...

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I was goofing off in the morning, then took an early afternoon nap, then Mr. Sunni's woke me up and took me out to lunch to a mediterranean place and after that we spent 3 hours at the mall at my request. I can't wait until I get a job so I can buy new clothes. Hee.

I tried on jeans again and Mr. Sunni said that my hips are a sz 10 but the rest of me is a sz 8. He says proportionally my hips will always be bigger than my waist and thighs so I shouldn't go starve myself to fit. He said this as I got a crazy look on my face thinking about how I could skinnify myself. I am SO impatient.

I posted this in the BL challenge chat thread and I thought I'd share here as well:

Back in '07, I was dieting the unhealthy way (really stressed out so barely eating) and as my mom had just gifted me a brand new digital scale (I asked for one) I decided to play with the settings. One thing it could do was calculate a 10% weight loss from your current weight. At the time, I weighed 169, so a 10% loss would leave me at 152.2. I hadn't thought about that goal in a LONG time and just yesterday I hit "user1" on my scale just to see my progress in the last 2 years, haha. Turns out, I am ONE lb away from that 10% goal!! It was SO excited because at the time I remember going *huff* "I'll NEVER get there, that's SO much weight to lose!!!" and here I am - within a lb. Cool.

Today's planned confessions:

Breffix - 1 cup skim milk + 1 tbsp cocoa powder, instant oatmeal (300 cals)

Snack - 1 banana, 1/4 cup raisins (250 cals)

Lunch - chickpea curry, veggie curry, 2 rotis (520 cals)

Snack - 1 apple (120 cals)

Dinner - Spiced peas and tofu curry (I'm in a curry mood), 1 cup cooked white rice. hmmm, rice is 200 cals, have to figure out how many cals are in the curry

Dessert - Dark chocolate truffle (140 cals). I bought about 6 yesterday at Godiva's. Yum.

Total cals: 1530, not counting the tofu and peas. I think that will come out to 200 a serving, so my total cals for today should be 1730.

Exercise: It's raining pretty heavily outside now. I'll have to wait and see if it changes or do some indoors exercises. Hate that, because I can never get myself to do them.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #14  
Lose the holiday lbs!

aww thats so awesome Sunni!! its nice to go back and see how far you have really come! congrats!

- Diana - what are McDiana eggs

good job in staying within your calories Jendiet!

im feeling hungry and im already at 1475 calories. but i'm going to have a small dinner as i get grumpy and cant sleep if i go to bed hungry.

today was my rest day. but did plenty of house work. had window glazers around so after they left, had to tidy up, hoover etc etc. so that burned a good calories hehe. which probably raised my AMR

so today i will take as a non-losing day and maintance mode, so i can have a nice small dinner meal. tommorow will go back to "losing weight" mode and eat within my calories and exercise.

will come back for my confession.

Last edited by Echo; 11-23-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Just finished a good workout (the daily crossfitmom.com), 1/2way through my new eating plan (2100-2200 calories). It rocks!

Breakfast:
Protein pancakes + sugar free rasberry jam, 1 black tea

Snack:
1 large whole wheat wrap with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 whole apple

Lunch:
1 chicken breast, 4 cups spinach salad, 1-2tbsp oil dressing, 1 cup brown rice

Snack:
Raw veggies assortment, 1 scoop protein powder

Dinner:
Ahi tuna, 1 cup brown rice, 1-2 cups steamed veggies

Snack:
175g greek yogurt (coconut for now), 1/2 cup berries (tonight, blackberries)

Last edited by sacha; 11-23-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: edit
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote