Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Your Welcome Jen!! and YAY! you signed up for our winter challenge!!!
Echo.. that sounds like a great plan.. I had great plans for today.. lol I did get the rest of my Christmas shopping completed.. yay me! Just a few odds and ends really left.. nothing major.

I was going to clean and re organize my entire house.. yea that doesnt look like it is happening as I have to eat and then shower and get ready as my sister has agreed to let my 16 year old niece host their volleyball provincial party tonight.. So I am going to help chaperone lol and I am feeling really tired so maybe a longer soak in the tub with a book might be the answer lol o well .. it will be there tomorrow right? lol haha
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

oh that is a good idea Echo and Angela.

My plan for today:
drink 8-8oz glasses: 4 so far.
What I've done so far:
spend time with my son
jog 10 min on rebounder:
eat breakfast: done breakfast shake
clean a little
study: 30 min
eat lunch: dear meat and lentil soup
clean a little more
study 2-3pm
break: doing now

What I need to do:

660 cs between snack and dinner
munch iceberg lettuce when hungry
study 3:30-5:30pm
break: 5:30 rebounder/wii for 30 min
study: 6-7pm
make dinner: 7 pm
study 8-9 pm
9-9:30pm break
10-11pm study.

11-12am relax with SO.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #108  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Jendiet, you look so great !!! i really can see the difference! thanks for sharing!! you're an inspiration!! va va vooom a hotty !

jendiet, aww thats so cute that you look all rosy cheeked after rebounding! its a great exercise isnt it. great for the lymphatic system!

Diana, on those days think of it as "maintance" mode

RienQueNny: its perfectly normal to have highs and lows when it comes to motivation ! i know for me, some days im like ugh i dont want to workout and act like a spoilt brat. the only thing then works for me is to publicly declare my goal on here and then i do it.

its 12 days till my cousin arrives. so i have compiled a timetable for myself. to make sure i can get in as much exercise i can before she arrives.

my plan is to workout for 3 days in a row and then take a rest day. and then continue that pattern. so 3 days ON 1 day OFF that way my body has time to rest aswell.

well done on going back to the gym!! but sorry you didnt get a chance to workout cause of the locker. somedays are like that. think of it as the universe giving you a break

you should be proud of yourself for going to the gym 3 days this week. thats great!
great job on the food! snf not eating the pizza. i wouldnt have been able to resist. pizza is another weakness of mine! if its the house, i WILL gobble it all up like a hungry monster hehehe.

You're so welcome Jendiet! and way to go on losing 4 inches. thats AMAZING!!! and wow climbing a wall. thats so cool!!

Sunni - i hear ya on the weather ! cant wait till spring time
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #109  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Your Welcome Jen!! and YAY! you signed up for our winter challenge!!!
Echo.. that sounds like a great plan.. I had great plans for today.. lol I did get the rest of my Christmas shopping completed.. yay me! Just a few odds and ends really left.. nothing major.

I was going to clean and re organize my entire house.. yea that doesnt look like it is happening as I have to eat and then shower and get ready as my sister has agreed to let my 16 year old niece host their volleyball provincial party tonight.. So I am going to help chaperone lol and I am feeling really tired so maybe a longer soak in the tub with a book might be the answer lol o well .. it will be there tomorrow right? lol haha
Thanks Angela!!! and I second that YAH that Jendiet has signed up. and asked for the blue team! and Sunni also asked for the blue team i think ? or was it either team. anyways awesome you joined up!!

that long soak in the tub sounds devine! i love bubble baths

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
oh that is a good idea Echo and Angela.

Thanks Jendiet! Sunni gave me the idea ages ago

well i'm done with my workout. gonna take a quick shower and have my yummy dinner , yum yum cant wait. am hungry
=========
EDIT

just had my dinner, slightly overate my planned calories. oopsy. i can feel it too , slight twinge in my tummy. ooops. was really hungry though. and was my favourite curry, yum yum.

my confession:
breakfast

40g fruit and fibre 295 cal
100ml milk 49cal
breakfast egg sandwhich 524cal

868 cal (normally wouldnt have such a high breakfast. it was more like brunch cause we woke up late - but when i woke up, 45 minutes later i was STARVINg. and couldnt wait till my friend came downstairs to the kitchen, so i had a small bowl of cereal to tie me over. and then when she came, i made us an egg sandwhich) i've noticed now that when i wake up within an hour, i am really hungry. i never used to be like that. i never used to be hungry in the morning. i heard its a good sign , jillian says it means your metabolism is working or something like that.

dinner

2 roti 448cal
lamb, potato shorba 212g 388cal
2 tsp yogurt 16cal
daal 120g 125cal

>> 977 cal

dessert

52ml choc milkshake 45cal

Saturday morning weight 153.6 (yipee broke into the 153s this week, i saw it a few times last week but then it shot up again)

total calories eaten 1890

calories overate +392
caloried burned 463 did Tae Bo today
(pedometer) daily activity 650

total AMR 2611

calorie deficient 721

predicted pounds loss -0.2lbs (hmm doubt it to be honest, i did feel i over ate on my dinner)

predicted weight tommorow morning 153.4 (doubt will see it, cause of actual food weight from dinner)

Last edited by Echo; 12-05-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #110  

Echo thanks so much! Did you join too?

Well, my plans went awry.

I still haven't worked out. I was super hungry for dinner. But made like a whole pot of lentils with some sauteed chicken sausage, celery, onions, and jalepeno. The whole pot had like 600 cs so no worries there.

I still haven't covered as much ground studying as I need to. I am going to study through 9pm. Then rebound. Then take a shower.

Echo, you are still burning it off, so don't worry. You might still lose. That would be nice. After finals are over, I am going to have a free day. I am going to the new chinese restauraunt which has a hibachi bar. It's expensive, but I have been wanting to go. It will be a nice little jog for my 1200 cs/day metabolism.

I did do something fun today. I planted a mum surrounded by pansies in two planters outside. I have to tackle my front garden bed. I have lots of pansies and mums that can go all through winter and spring. I can not wait til the bulbs go on sale--I get them for 3 packs/ dollar. That will be after Christmas. I will be planting them in the chilly weather to force the bulbs.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone:

I got a new workout DVD in the mail that I ordered. I can't wait to try it. It's Chalene Johnson's Turbo Kick Fan Volume 3. I heard it's a party!

Echo Yes, a "maintence day" will work. Thanks for reaffirming that for me. I tend to be an all or nothing person. It takes time to make these mental changes.

Confessions

Breakfast (380 Calories + coffee)
Spinach Omelet
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
honey 60 cal
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 50 cal

Lunch Chicken & Orzo Soup
Chicken 180 Calories
Orzo 200 calories
Broth 15

Dinner
Beef Stew 300 calories
Corn Bread 180 calories
butter 30 calories
Apple Pie 280 calories
Glass Sweet tea 100 calories

Exercise
No Exercise because today is my rest day.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-05-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #112  

well, I did 6 min hula hoop; 20 min free step, and 9 min basic step. yay me.
plus the 11 min jogging on the rebounder earlier. I decided I didn't need to rebound again, my muscles were asking for something else. I held 2 lb weights in each hand and did some small arm movements while doing free step.

I have only eaten 1200 cs. But I have not had any hot cocoa. I think I am going to study one more hour...then treat myself to hotcocoa.

good job Diana. Sounds like a good cd.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #113  
Trying to live below 200

Jen I was so close to having hot chocolate last night. I started getting hungry. I was thinking about you drinking hot chocolate. I found our bottle of Peppermint Schnapps and thought that peppermint hot chocolate sounded good. I even looked up the calories in the peppermint schnapps. I just decided to go to bed instead because I didn't want to go over my calories again.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-06-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:36 AM   #114  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Echo thanks so much! Did you join too?
Yep I did!! i requested for the blue team again! i want to stay on the blue team hehe i'm addicted to these biggest loser challenges, its a great way to keep on track. cause you have accountability EVERY WEEK. even if you dont lose, its okay, cause then you strive to maintain so the team doesnt get affected.

Quote:
I still haven't covered as much ground studying as I need to. I am going to study through 9pm. Then rebound. Then take a shower.
sounds like a good plan! good luck with the studying
Quote:
Echo, you are still burning it off, so don't worry. You might still lose. That would be nice.
you were right! i stepped on the scale this morning and to my suprise, i saw 153.0 lbs ! lost 0.6lbs (yesterday i was 153.6lbs). this is the first time i've ever seen 153.0lbs. i cant even remember being this weight, maybe in my early twenties. but i dont remember. But its probably not REAL REAL maybe some water weight loss in there and knowing me will shoot back up tommorow. but for today i'm gonna take it

Quote:
After finals are over, I am going to have a free day. I am going to the new chinese restauraunt which has a hibachi bar. It's expensive, but I have been wanting to go. It will be a nice little jog for my 1200 cs/day metabolism.
mmm that sounds nice! you deserve it!

Quote:
I did do something fun today. I planted a mum surrounded by pansies in two planters outside. I have to tackle my front garden bed. I have lots of pansies and mums that can go all through winter and spring. I can not wait til the bulbs go on sale--I get them for 3 packs/ dollar. That will be after Christmas. I will be planting them in the chilly weather to force the bulbs.
aww that's sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone:

I got a new workout DVD in the mail that I ordered. I can't wait to try it. It's Chalene Johnson's Turbo Kick Fan Volume 3. I heard it's a party!
wow sounds like fun! hehe

Quote:
Echo Yes, a "maintence day" will work. Thanks for reaffirming that for me. I tend to be an all or nothing person. It takes time to make these mental changes.
you're welcome!
Quote:
well, I did 6 min hula hoop; 20 min free step, and 9 min basic step. yay me.
plus the 11 min jogging on the rebounder earlier. I decided I didn't need to rebound again, my muscles were asking for something else. I held 2 lb weights in each hand and did some small arm movements while doing free step.
well done on the exercise!
===

today is my rest day so going to sort out my study room.

my plan foodwise is to eat 1500 calories today and no more!

Last edited by Echo; 12-06-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #115  

well, I did have my hotcocoa with a tad bit of liquor. I also ate 4 brazil nuts and 1/4 cup beans....so what do I get for that 1.6 lb gain. I really don't think that is possible.

But alas, it makes me sad. My son has a parade today. I am going to have my breakfast shake, and then maybe after the parade work out. I'm totally miffed.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #116  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
well, I did have my hotcocoa with a tad bit of liquor. I also ate 4 brazil nuts and 1/4 cup beans....so what do I get for that 1.6 lb gain. I really don't think that is possible.

But alas, it makes me sad. My son has a parade today. I am going to have my breakfast shake, and then maybe after the parade work out. I'm totally miffed.
no its not possible
your resting bmr is probably around 1560 calories. so in order to physically gain 1.6lbs, you would have had to eaten an ADDITIONAL 5600 calories ontop of your 1550 calories that your body needs just to function and thats in addition to you just staying in bed all day. which also didnt happen

its probably just weight from the food. dont let it get you down hope you have fun at your sons parade!
---

update from me. i've already eaten 1261 calories and that means i'm going to have a light meal tonight! lots of salads and some lentils that will give me protein and carbs but low calorie

no treat foods for me today! but thats okay. i had lots of yummy cheese hehe

plan for the rest of the day:

in 3 hours, (8pm) drink a psyllium husk drink (fibre to bulk up and fill up my stomach, with some low calorie orange squash, i feel like im drinking orange juice with bits. its nice!)

then at 8.30pm-9pm have my dinner.
dinner plan:

lots of salads
230g of white lentils (daal).
no dessert treats. instead low calorie orange squash in my champage flute lol. i like drinking in that glass, makes anything look fancy! hehehe :toast:

Checklist:

1. 8pm : drink psyllium husk drink - did not do

2. 8.30pm-9pm: dinner:

100g salads. did not do

230g white lentils : nope

no treats: nope!

so my dinner plan didnt go as planned. my aunt came to visit. so i wasnt able to have my dinner plan. i made her 2 chicken sandwhiches, and she got full so gave half of one of them, so i split it with my mom, so i had 1./4 of a chicken sandwhich.

and then you know when you have tea things infront of you. i ended up having some peanuts. and then some bombay mix. gah no idea really how many! so just guestimating for my calorie count today. but nonetheless high calorie day today. oh well. never mind! back to the drawing board tommorow!
----

my confession:

late lunch:

2 roti 448 cal
158g lamb shorba 289cal
2 white toast 198 cal
cheddar cheese 46g 189cal
cheese and onion 30g 105cal
boursin cheese 24cal
1 tsp yogurt 8cal

>>>1261 cal

dinner

1/4 chicken sandwhich 164 cal

snack
handful of bombay mix approx 141cal (possibly more! no idea really)

handful of peanuts 166cal

3 chocolate fingers 124 cal ( might have eaten another chocolate biscuit, cant remember! lol)

chocolate milkshake 200ml 174 cal

total snacks >> 605cal

Sunday weight 153

total calories eaten 2030

calories excess +532

caloried burned 0 rest day today

(pedometer) daily activity 248

total AMR 1772

calorie excess +284
predicted pounds gain +0.08

predicted weight tommorow - 153.1

Last edited by Echo; 12-06-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #117  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone,
It's back to work again. Do you ever get everything done? I swear it gets overwhelming sometimes.

Echo Ha Ha You make me feel normal. I'm just guesstimating, I ate 2 well maybe it was 3, no I think it was more. Oh I know it was more . Hee Hee.

Confessions
Breakfast:
Coffee w/cream/sugar
Yellow grits 140 calories
1 egg 70 calories
2 slices bacon 60 calories
1 English Muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon strawberry jam 20 calories
4 ounces OJ 55 calories

Lunch
1 Bowl Broccoli Cheddar Soup 290 calories
Small fruit cup 60 calories

Dinner Chicken Quesadilla
Flour tortillas 200 calories
Chicken 270 calories
Cheese 100 calories
taco seasoning/fat free sour cream/taco sauce 150 calories

Exercise
Turbo Kick Round 32 - This is one of the workouts on my new DVD. It's a party!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-06-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #118  

LO Frigging Loud! Rofl.

Ok, well so then I don't feel so bad doing my post. Ok, so lots of things going on.

First, Final for 134 is over! Yeah. Probably a 96-99. Not bad.

Second, yesterdays melee. Started off the day great. Breakfast shake as planned. No workout. Decided to rest. hahahahahhahahhahahahahha...did I mention haha? Had a niggling headache. was REALLY upset that SO had to work and couldn't come watch DS in the parade. So important to DS. So this emotion ruled my day pretty much. I also was NOT happy about the weight gain on said scale. TRIED TO STUDY. Son too excited, interruptions like crazy. Then DS decided we should leave early..to get a good parking spot. After blowing up at him like crazy. I grabbed my books and decided I would study in my car at the parade while waiting for DS to march by. I have ear plugs. GREAT THINGS.

Well, the only problem with having to drop someone off somewhere really EXISTS if you don't know WHERE to drop them off. It's one thing to drive around an area you know to find a certain spot and another to drive around an area you know that is now blocked off in various places....unknown to you. So I really annoyed the guys directing traffic. Finally found the spot to drop DS, and no one was there yet. So.....waited, walked, hoped, finally people arrive. I leave DS and rush to go find a parking space closer to where I will pick DS up.

Again, town is so confusing and frustrating witout access to main street. I got lost. ended up in a very rough part of town. A nice couple was walking, I gave them a ride, and gave them a bottle of soda. They showed me how to get to main st. Finally park and pull out my books. Then it is time for parade. After what seemed like forever, DS marches by, I make a fool out of myself.videotaping him..thinking..how I wish SO could see him too. Then I run up into the parking lot in which the Drill Sargeant had the kids marching. And I almost bump into SO. lol....I was so excited! He had been there the whole time watching the parade and SO.

We go out to eat. China Star Buffet. OMG, the hibachi bar. I grabbed mung beans, snap peas, carrots, garlic cloves, broccoli, cabbages, onions, and etc. I piled it high on my plate and added a few pcs of chicken. The cooks eyes bugged out my plate was so full. And it was delicious. I also ate a few other healthy things i love. I actually didn't want the fried foods or some of my other dishesAnd a couple pcs of desert.

I must have been hungry, when I got home, I started to study, but then I wanted every single junk food availabe. I ate 2 rcs peanut butter cups. I ate 1/2 cup icecream, several cups of hot cocoa, a serving of chips, several brazil nuts, I think i did around 2000cs yesterday. So my plan went awry too!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #119  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Echo Ha Ha You make me feel normal. I'm just guesstimating, I ate 2 well maybe it was 3, no I think it was more. Oh I know it was more . Hee Hee.
LOL!!!!! you're so funny Diana you make me laugh

today was my official Biggest loser weigh in and to my surprise i lost 2lbs! surpassed what i was expecting and calculating! i even had a few high calorie days and only worked out 4 times this week. so for me, i thought it wasnt a good week. but i'm happy! i just hope its real!!
---
Quote:
LO Frigging Loud! Rofl.

Ok, well so then I don't feel so bad doing my post. Ok, so lots of things going on.
LOL Jendiet. i love how we all have the same mindset hehe

Quote:
First, Final for 134 is over! Yeah. Probably a 96-99. Not bad.
way to go!

Quote:
We go out to eat. China Star Buffet. OMG, the hibachi bar. I grabbed mung beans, snap peas, carrots, garlic cloves, broccoli, cabbages, onions, and etc. I piled it high on my plate and added a few pcs of chicken. The cooks eyes bugged out my plate was so full. And it was delicious. I also ate a few other healthy things i love. I actually didn't want the fried foods or some of my other dishesAnd a couple pcs of desert.

I must have been hungry, when I got home, I started to study, but then I wanted every single junk food availabe. I ate 2 rcs peanut butter cups. I ate 1/2 cup icecream, several cups of hot cocoa, a serving of chips, several brazil nuts, I think i did around 2000cs yesterday. So my plan went awry too!
wow im so impressed that you ate so healthily at the restaurant way to go!!

aww no worries about the plan going awry later on, we all have those days! besides since you meticulously always eat just 1200 calories, its good for your metabolism to have a high calorie day now and then

--

my confession so far - eaten 1285 calories already. so going to be strict at dinner time !

plan for the rest of the evening:

1. workout - p90x chest, back and triceps.

2. psyllium husk orange squash drink

3. dinner (267 calories)
white daal lentils (150g)
100g of chopped salads
1 tablespoon of yogurt.

dessert : 100ml of chocolate milkshake - 87 calories (only if dinner is 180 calories and no more).

aim of total calories today is 1552 calories

actual calories eaten today = X calories

will turn to blue on completion. red if did not do.

Last edited by Echo; 12-07-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #120  

wow...I was so tired. I figured I would be so heavy from the food, and I was right...174.8 this morning (which I wasn't going to count). So I took a nap and woke up 2 lbs lighter! 172.2 I am going to count. woohoo. That is more like it. Well, so I have been sleeping the day away. I got my ear water logged and it hurts.

Diana, i hope you are having a good day at work. I know it can be overwhelming. hang in there.

Echo thanks hun, I figure an occasional high day is ok. I used to be able to lose on 2200 cs a day/ much busier though. Well, the hibachi didn't "feel" healthy because it was so darned delicious. But i know it was mostly veggies and a little chicken. It was drenched in soy sauce/oil stuff. Which I didn't eat much of the sauce. it stayed a pool in my plate.