Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

What a mean thing to do. It is hightly unlikely that whoever posted that comment would ever walk up to you and say that to your face (or someone else's face), but something about being anonymous and unidentifiable emboldens people. I think what you are doing is very courageous and I think you should keep on doing it; don't stop doing something that will help you (and I am sure inspire someone else) just because somebody chooses to be so cruel. We are all behind you!

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I agree with the others, this person is just a troll, they get their kicks out of these things. Do not let them stop you from doing something that is going to help you!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree mean and nasty! Well, there are some people out there that are so down about themselves, they have to bring other people down so they feel better. I am sorry and hugs. If video blogs help you, don't stop on account of a nasty troll. You are doing great taking the weight thing into your own hands. And you are such a beautiful girl, people are going to be jealous and mean.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Keep blogging and I like the addition of a video blog... I always read your blog and I love it and I liked your video... You're an encouragement and I love checking in on your progress....

Mean people are always out there... and I hated telling people I lost weight because I assumed they would be like well you are still fat...but I embrace it now...you have done amazing things... all of us have and we should be proud to say we have lost something...even if it is just one pound
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #20  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

This world is FILLED with jerks like that. Just dont lose sight that you have come a long way and you were VERY brave posting a video of yourself..

which is a thousand time better than that dirtbag who's hiding behind a computer screen to take jabs at strangers. Man up asswipe.

Don't let a coward like that make you feel down.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Read these:

http://xkcd.com/202/

http://xkcd.com/481/

Youtube is notorious for really awful, rude, poorly-written comments. I'd be willing to bet that these people don't mean half the **** they say, they just think it's funny.

If you think that these vlogs could be useful for you, then keep on posting, and don't worry about what anyone says. If you don't think you can do it without letting the morons get to you, then you should probably find other outlets, because on youtube there's an endless supply of idiocy.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #22  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hey, remember that woman in the intro section of 3FC who started videoblogging her weight loss? I watched her interview video at youtube, she got those kinds of responses too. in fact, one said he didn't believe she could do it. she said he actually spurred her on to do better to prove him wrong(!) Keep your eye on the prize.

many more people cheered her on than insulted her, and she has inspired people to lose weight.

it's not worth it to let some dope you don't even know hurt you, or even slow you down in what you want to do.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #23  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Wow. Very rude. I am very sorry. I don't understand why people become so horrible once they are behind a computer screen.

For me, I don't discuss weightloss with hardly anyone. My hubby. My health concious friend that is within a pound or two of me. It is super personal to me--it rates right on up there with my sex life actually. It just isn't something I talk about because I don't want to debate with anyone--I don't want--well, like the comments you experienced. You really put yourself out there. Bravo that you are comfortable doing that--unfortunately when you poke your head out, you never know whats coming next--especially where weight issues are concerned.

I am sorry this has happened to you. Can you erase that comment? Is there someway you could put your video on 3FC somehow--a safer environment where you know poeple will understand? I have been reading the blogs here lately from some of the members and am really loving them. I am considering writing my own. Would you get the same satisfaction from writing a blog?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I'm sorry that happened to you YouTube is just full of immature pubescent kids who pretty much leave nasty comments for fun. And I'm curious as to why that person clicked on your blog if they saw what the title was. Either they are interested in losing weight themselves or were just looking to hurt someone to make him/herself feel better. It is very annoying when I read comments of YouTube videos I like to watch. You can tell they are a bunch of junior high kids who think it's cool and powerful to curse out everyone on the web. I totally wouldn't even bat an eyelash at it. But I do understand that at first the shock of the comment hurts!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

That's just awful. I think you seem to be handling it fairly well, I'd probably be in bed with a big bowl of Mac and Cheese if this had happened to me!

We're lucky here at 3FC, since the moderaters are quick to zap any nastiness or trolling, but in the unprotected outside internet world, people are CRAZY! And mean. And crazy and mean do not go well together.

I'm sure that doing your vlog will help other people, so it you keep it up, it would be good (hey--send us the link so that we can check it out--we can also comment back to those nasty people!). But if you want to stop, I'd totally get it!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

i liked your videos
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #27  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Don't let the idiots on the internet get you down! There's unfortunately always going to be someone with a rude comment. You just have to keep your chin up and ignore them and keep on chugging! You've already lost more than 30lbs, which is more than most people can boast! You're a beautiful girl, don't let them stop you from doing what you were inspired to do!

I say keep on posting the videos (if you want) and ignore any ignorant comments.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #28  

I am very new to this site, but I wanted to write you and say do not listen to people who are hurtful and judgemental. Although I am one to let people get to me and hurt my feelings easily, I am trying to teach myself that when they do that they are really insecure about themselves. Sounds very textbook, but I know that it is true. I think you are beautiful by your profile picture! And I am not saying that to try and make you feel better about yourself, I really think you are. I am also trying to learn not to let rude people bring me down because there is so much more to live for than them! Keep blogging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhrisuh View Post
So I've blogged ever since I started losing weight, and I've really liked it and think it helps me. Recently I was watching video blogs on youtube of people who were blogging about their weight loss journeys... so I guess I just thought it was a cool idea and thought I'd start one too.

So, I did. This was on Sunday. I uploaded one video then and another today. I was excited and have been checking for comments or messages or anything, and just now there was! It was a comment, and it said something I never, ever expected it to:

"lose some weight then *****. i can see you are very overweight"

I don't get it :[. How is it that my very first comment was something so rude and hurtful?? I had a few tears well up but I didn't let myself cry. I know I'm doing what I need to be doing. And I know I took that chance when I decided to put my videos on the internet. It just sucks :/

I don't know what to do. Do stop putting up the videos? Should I not let someone like that affect what I do? How do I deal with my bruised heart??? I just need your love chickies!

Jenni42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 380/380/198

Height: 6'3

Please don't let them get you down. I spend a lot of time on youtube more time then i should really. If you spend a lot of time you notice a trend on racist immature ******s who like to post comments to anyone in anyways that can hurt them. Don't take that to heart it's sadly just part of the youtube community and always has been. You will find if you keep it up the more people that see your videos you will start seeing people who support you. I believe you can even erase peoples comments off so just do that and block the user.

Send me a link to your videos or post it up I will watch them I love watching vlogs that is what I mostly watchon youtube. Just remember don't let the few idiots on youtube bother you in anyway they are mostly children with no parental supervision.
Nate0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Thank you thank you thank you again! Those comics made me !! And I do write a blog, and I love it :]. I'm using every tool I can to keep me accountable, heh. You are all right about how every video gets comments like that from idiots.. and I'm not gonna waste my time worrying about them. I still feel kind of insecure about putting up videos, but the GOOD things people are saying are outweighing the MEAN things. I think this may be one of the very first times (in quite awhile..) that something hurtful has happened to me, I've dealt with it in a healthy manner (meaning not eating myself to sick or just holding it in until I explode), and moved on. It feels refreshing! It's a step in the right direction. I pretty much owe most or all of it to yall!

Also, theres a link to my video blog in my signature...

Last edited by kuhrisuh; 11-19-2009 at 10:42 AM.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote