Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Question Always feeling bloated...

..like stomach-pooching-out, i-ate-too-much-but-really-didn't-it-just-feels-that-way, bloated. i usually feel this way at some point every day - annoying!!! Do any of you experience this and how do you treat it?
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #2  
Workin' It

I used to feel like that pretty regularly, actually. I cleaned up my diet a lot, cut out a lot of the processed foods I was eating and have cut out Splenda and almost all other artificial sweeteners. Doesn't bother me as much anymore. I also eat a lot of yogurt, which I didn't do before.

My mom used to theorize that I had IBS because of the bloating, so maybe look into the treatments for that?

Good luck.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/135

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Another thing you might want to check is your tolerance for gluten (found in wheat products). It can cause a myriad of symptoms, from gut problems to less obvious ones. You can check it out on celiac.org.
Carly Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #4  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly Smoker View Post
Another thing you might want to check is your tolerance for gluten (found in wheat products). It can cause a myriad of symptoms, from gut problems to less obvious ones. You can check it out on celiac.org.
You beat me to it.

I had the exact some problem. Vanished once I stopped eating processed wheat. I seem to tolerate wheat bran just fine, but that's probably because I eat less of it. It's a whole lot easier to eat 2 cups of refined-flour pasta than it is to eat 2 cups of wheat bran in muffin form.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Drink a cap or more of apple cider vinegar every day. Also lemons in water help with water retention.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have to be careful of dairy and potatos.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:36 AM   #7  

If persists, make a MD appointment. There are certain disease processes that should be ruled out. Bloating can be a sign of ovarian issues as well.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

You know what always bloated me out - Splenda! I noticed that, during periods of heavy Splenda use that my, um, plumbing got backed up. I used to drink gallons of diet coke, crystal light and diet green tea, and generally used Splenda in everything - even put it in plain water to sweeten it up. But I gave it up, and I haven't had the plumbing problem since.
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #9  

Carbs also so excessive bloating. Is your diet high in Refined Carbs? As long as I am careful of them, I don't have a problem. Another culprit could be salt.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote