Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 11:28 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#196

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:00 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I'm baaaacccckkkkk!

No time to post now. Just wanted to check in and let you know I have returned. And in the nick of time too. We needed a new thread.....BAD! Where's all the new thread starters????

Going to actually go to bed with the DH tonight, no, I'm not telling any tales, just need to recouperate from vacation! Long story, no time.

See you all later.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:45 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Welomce Home Thin and Tina !!!
I just got home myself. I have been visiting my parents. I am amazed how much better my mom was. The last time I saw her she looked like ****. But this visit she looked pretty good.
It comes to find out... when they transferred her to the nursing home there was a confusion and they did NOT give her the thyroid medicine she was on NOR the Predizone. She was on mega doses of Predizone and you are suppose to be gradually weaned off of it. They went from mega doze to ZERO. She relys on Predizone to live. Once she got back on her medicines she started getting better. I truly don't know how they keep going sometimes. This well-sick... well -sick pattern is taking its toll on me. What an emotional rollercoaster ride it is.

Tina... your story of your trip was sooo enjoyable.
Thanks for sharing it. I am soooo happy for your 60lb weight loss and the benefits it brought to you.

I don't have time to post more. I am really tired. I am headed for bed. Good night.

WAit !!!! I almost forgot. I think God is trying to kill me.
While driving home (80mph)... the car in front of me had a blow out or something. Black smoke started streaming out from the front of his car. Then... suddenly this 6 foot black thing came flying back towards my windshield !!! I thought it was his bumper.. that was the size of it. Now I think it was the tread from his tire. I think it totally unraveled and came off as if it were unrolled. It hit my car but did not do any damage. Either God keeps trying to kill me and keeps missing LOL... OR ... he is taking pretty darn good care of protecting me from some evil force that wants me off the roads. I am starting to get a little.. no a LOT nervous to drive.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-02-2002 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:30 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Congrats Kat on the new job. I love when things fall into place. I'm trying very hard to stay on plan. I fail after work. Today, I lasted until 8pm. Start over tomorrow.

2cute, hope you're okay. God is watching over you. We have to see you down to goal. The life long challenge.

Is anyone going to Signs? I'll probably go tomorrow. To kick off the weekend.

Mikey is doing fine. Doc said he snaps because of his top dog status at home. We have to show him whose boss. I don't have much of a problem, my mom does. Naughty boy. He gained weight after two weeks. Wait and see, we'll walk off those pounds.

T.G.I.F.
Malia
Old 08-02-2002, 08:15 AM   #5  

Sara, we could use a therapist here!

Welcome back Thin AND Malia ..... I was worried about you Malia. (I knew Thin would be gone)

I got my car yesterday. It feels strange so I will have to get out and drive around more on the weekend.

Malia Mickey sounds like my cat....Dusty thinks this is his house and just allows me to be here so I can wait on him. But then, due to my hatred of mice, I do scoop his poop!

I want to get so much done this weekend...I know you don't expect this from me but "I am cold". Yep, it's only 48 as I type this. It is suppose to be the same tomorrow so I have to hit the yard hard to get caught up. (Speaking of Minnesota weather I wonder where the heck Baylee is?)
Old 08-02-2002, 09:09 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

48????? Good grief...after all that whining about the heat, don't you dare say it's cold!! 9AM and it's already 82 degrees here...it hasn't been as humid though. Ah what do you want/ It's summer. One of the things I love about living here IS the change of seasons...I could use a [size=small]little bit[/size] more winter...we havent gotten a good snowy winter in a few years.

We're off to Philly to pick my daughter up...today is her last day, they have a big performance, then a reception and we're outta there. I have really missed her!

Dh and I took the boys to see "Goldmember" yesterday...I loved all the cameos, esp the Osbournes. All right, it's NOT highbrow humor at all, but I sure did laugh at the potty humor and sex jokes. I'd like to see "Signs" too...maybe tomorrow.

Gotta run...I want to PM Baylee...she's making me nervous. Did she say she was going somewhere?
Old 08-02-2002, 12:16 PM   #7  

I can't believe some of you are talking about 48 degree weather.
Here it is only 11am and the heat index is already 105 degrees !!
They say we should reach 110 before the day is over, plus it is humid !!!
Old 08-02-2002, 02:00 PM   #8  

Default Hi Ladies!

Not too much new going on--just doing my part to keep 300+ the most ROCKIN' thread on 3FC!

Some of my wonderful friends are throwing a dinner party tonight. Knowing that I've been working SO hard, they are making the entire meal with me in mind! A healthy chicken stir-fry with mixed berries for dessert! Ain't that grand?! I plan to drive them nutz with my appreciation! Not all my friends are SO understanding!

Thin... Welcome back! Thanks for starting the new thread. Let us know how your vacation went once you've recouped!

Malia... We've missed you! I like that you're so motivated to start again even if you don't stay 100% on plan! Evenings are hard for SO many of us. The other evening, I wandered past the fridge and unwrapped my lite cold colds and was about to eat one--after all, they're only 20 calories each! BUT... then I realized I wasn't actually hungry and there was absolutely no reason why I should be eating at all. So... I wrapped the meat back up and went and did my fingernails! I was just bored!

Kat... Let us know if you've heard anything from Baylee! It's SO strange how she just disappeared! I hope she's okay!

2Cute... Welcome back from your parents! Glad to hear your mom is doing better. The sick-well pattern must be SO emotionally tolling for you! I'm glad that exploding tire didn't do any damage! I too am pretty nervous driving now. I never was until I had that triple flip accident on black ice this past Christmas! Wowzers... never want to do that again!

Lucky... In my professional opinion (as an up and coming therapist), everyone on 300+ is COMPLETELY MAD!!

Also, I'd like to encourage a certain lurker, you know who you are MARUSHA, to hop in and post!

TTFN my fellow losers,
Sara
Old 08-02-2002, 05:30 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Well, I've spent the last 3 hours catching up on all my reading and I think I'm finally ready to say hello properly.

My little vacation could not possibly really be called a 'vacation'. YIKES! Ya know, I told DH that we should look at this as 3 days of very intense therapy. That we would come home thanking God for our lives, our kids, and everything we have. And by golly, I was right! The only reason I went is because it was my best friend who invited us, for the second time in twenty-five years, to her family's lodge in the woods. So I really couldn't say NO, but I sure will make some excuse the next time!!! I won't tell you all the boring details, cuz basically, I don't tell stories as well as 2cute, Katrina or Tina, so let's just say you're better off not knowing what all went on.

On a positive note, I did come home to over $1,000 in paychecks waiting for me, so that was a good thing! I also came home to 58 e-mails, NOT such a good thing, although most were job offers! I think I have finally caught up. I'm glad I had scheduled lightly for yesterday and today!

Wednesday night after we got home we went on a cruise down a local river. It was wonderful. Some friends of ours are members of the Kiwanis club and this is the second year that they have gone. We took a double decker boat. They serve a wonderful buffet of prime rib, chicken, potatoes, veggies, mostaccioli and salad. They also have a DJ that spins tunes and there's a dance floor upstairs. So we had a wonderful time, cruising and dancing the night away.

Tomorrow night is my 30 year class reunion! I really don't want to go. Since I got the notice, all I've done is eat, instead of diet. I will be glad when it's over!

I have decided to go back to WW on Monday. I'm sure I've gained 10-15 pounds in the past month. I really dread getting back on the scale, but something has got to be done about this weight. I went swimming in the lake up north. That was really nice. I love to swim and haven't been in the water in years. I think I have figured out some of my problem and that is getting my head around cooking what I need and let everyone in the house eat or not eat as they choose. Everyone here comes and goes at dinner time and therefore we've just been winging food (NOT as in food fight!) here night after night. I need more structure and more home cooking. So Monday is the day it all begins again. Wish me willpower!!!!

Mary: Wow, DH likes to cook! That's wonderful! * I hope the eye is doing better. * Let's get the rundown on the new job. Hope it went well!

Michelle: I guess with you and Katrina finding so much good stuff from Flylady, I will need to tune back in there. I started to long ago when it was first mentioned, but then just never got back there. * Congrats on all the job offers. Sounds like you'll have your hands full picking one.

Susie: Congrats on the 50# Star! You worked hard for that! I always consider your starting weight anyway because I think 70# is awesomer! (is that a word?)

Katrina: That was really an ordeal picking up your daughter. Don't you just love when they don't carry their cell phones. My youngest is the same way. I've been paying his cell bill for the past two years (poor college student syndrome!) and then he doesn't carry the dang thing! * No pics with DH and the baboon butts - most of the animals were inside because of the heat. Smart animals, I wish I would have been in!

Tina: You wrote such a great story! The trip down must have been quite the hoot! I'm glad your DH was so understanding about getting the room down the hall and leaving late. That's what I call Sweet Salvation! * I'm sure Daytona was a blast. My DH and sons would really enjoy that.

Lucky: Sounds like you need to go through dad's collections and do some e-baying. You might be able to put them to work making some cash for you. * I can't believe you're up there freezing. My goodness. I don't want to hear you B*^%$ing when you're neck high in snow this winter!

Sara: Your trip to NYC sounded great! We had our own version of the Full Monty up north at the lodge. My friend's husband (about 400#'s of him) decided to go down to the lake to swim. Some fool offered him $50 to strip and dive in, and of course, he did! I wish I knew how long it will take to get the picture of that 'full moon' out of my head! Congrats on your 40# loss! You're doing GREAT! * That interview sounds like it went very well.

2cute: Glad you and your daughter had such a nice weekend. * You did GREAT at the party! * A 16# loss in 18 days is wonderful! Sounds like this plan is really working for you.

Malia: Good to see you. We were all wondering what happened to you. * Too bad about mom and the kidneys. Nothing to play around with. I hope that maybe she'll be able to get some medication and be good to go. When is your trip scheduled for?

Wic: Good to see you too. I was wondering if you would ever come back and join us. * That was really a huge night in the nursery. Lots of babies. Good job staying away from all the eats.

Duckie: Your neighbors are pretty insensitive. The cops showing up the next day after everyone goes home doesn't do you much good! Good luck with the Chow Chow. My neighbor rescued a Shepherd/Collie mix that was abused and he's doing really well after just a couple of months.

Car: Welcome aboard! I hope you will visit often. There are quite a few of us here that do WW, myself included. I think you'll find this group very helpful.

Baylee: Honey, where are you? Are you ok? Please let us hear from you.

Well folks, I've rambled here long enough. With theatre assignments and the reunion tomorrow, I'm not sure I'll be here. But know I'm thinking of you. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-02-2002 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:45 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies,

I'm J-Ann and I was wondering if you have room for one more in your group. I "know" Thin from the WW Countdown group.

I've carried a lot of weight for more years than I like to remember. In June of 2001 I decided it was time to commit myself to a new lifestyle and rejoined WW for the umpteenth time. I was very successful til January and since then have basically put on and taken off the same 10 lbs. several times. I think, I'm back on track right now. I SURELY hope so! But I sure could use extra support.

I'm single, childless by choice, (I like kids but never wanted my own.) My hobby is showing my english pointer in all kinds of competitions, show, agility, obedience and tracking. I'm also an avid birder, and reader, and have worked for the same communications company for 34 years.

Enough about me. How about it can you usea new "face" in the group?
Old 08-02-2002, 09:21 PM   #11  

Welcome, J, of course you are welcome, however, as Sara pointed out we are "completely mad" so it would help if you are too!

I might have to drive East to Baylee's and look for her. Too bad I don't know exactly where that is.

I have to get a sweater - it's 68!!!!

I have a ton of yard work to get done tomorrow because it might be the last below 90 day for awhile. I bought pizza, pop, and ice cream to bribe two of my nephews to help me. Anything for food...in a few years - anything for beer!!! I should start making a list!
Old 08-02-2002, 09:25 PM   #12  

Oh, on the 30 year class reunion. I just had mine and low and behold all the a$$'y people still are.

Since I moved back to the area I do see many of my old class mates regularly - good and bad thoughts on that. High school was not my favorite time in life (tomorrow is) so I just don't dwell on it. I have a friend who can't seem to get past it and that is sad....

Have you all gone to class reunions, not matter the milestone year and how was it?
Old 08-02-2002, 11:03 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just had a minute to check in again. I don't want to get caught with 3 hours of reading again. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you guys keep the thread going, but good gosh, that's alot to catch up on when you've been gone a couple of days.

LuckyLadyBug: I've never left the area (other than the two years we spent in NC for DH's job). We still live in the same school district that hubby and I graduated from. As a matter of fact, while I was a school board member, there was a new stadium erected at my old high school. My boys both went to another high school in the district. Well the administration asked me to speak and the opening ceremony. Little did I realize that my boys football team was playing my alma mater that night in the new stadium. It was a bit awkward to dedicate the new ball field and wish good luck to the opposing team! BTW, did you ever post the rest of the [i]Why we eat[i] article. If you did, I missed it. Please point me in it's direction. I have the first part saved.

J-ann: Good to see you over here. Sure, we'd love a new face. I'll give you fair warning too: these girls are a real hoot!!! * Has the pointer won any ribbons lately?

BTW, I don't know if you've seen a couple of the threads that our Joe ann from Arizona is posting, but she's really been going through a rough time, BIL died, 4 in her family in a nasty car wreck, DH with a kidney infection. She's posting here under 'support', but not on our thread. Give her a shout if you get a chance.

Gonna run for the night. You all take care.

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-03-2002 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 06:23 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin Ladies,

Thanks for the welcome.

It's early. It's cool, thank God, and I' off to the Y for my aquajogging class.

Hope to get some cleaning done around the house during this one day break in the heat wave. Not what I'd choose to do but the dust bunnies are moving out from under the bed and trying to take over the house.

BAYLEE: OMG I'm sorry to hear what your grandchild has done. 15" WOW that's progress no matter what the scale says. Go For It!

THIN & LADYBUG: Thanks for the greetings. I've never moved more than 15 miles from my birthplace. I'd go but my job now keeps me here. Maybe on retirement I'll fnd somewhere with less snow and more cool. Maine? Canada? I've never done the reunion thing. The folks I hung out with are far away and I've never been one to dwell on that period of my life. It wasn't an easy one.

Well gotta go. Take Care and have a good day.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:45 AM   #15  

Baylee... good to see you back. Please don't stay away for so long next time. WE all missed you.

Welcome j-ann. You have a found a perfect new home here.
Well, maybe we aren't perfect ... but we are darn good.

I have been up all night. Had tea with my dinner at 6pm last night and I am still wide awake. When you give up caffeine and then drink a lot of it I guess it really affects you.

It is going to be a beautiful Saturday and I am as happy as a lark. It has been 3 weeks cheat free !!!!! It is wonderful !!!
I even "felt" skinnier Friday for the first time. It is sooo funny to say you feel skinnier when you weigh over 300lbs. LOL

Just wanted to wish everyone a Super Saturday !!!!
I have no idea what I will do today. I was suppose to babysit but that got cancelled so I have most of the day for myself. I need to clean. I REALLY need to go grocery shopping. I probably need to sleep sometime today. LOL

Just wanted to check in. I am doing great and feeling great!!!
Closed Thread