Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I have pretty bad stretchmarks on my legs. I also have some right above my hips that developed during puberty, I wasn't fat at all then, I just grew fast. I saw a commercial today for "mederma for stretch marks" and it's $39.99 but there aren't any reviews yet that I could find.
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #32  
no{BODY} is perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitwayoflife View Post
People with stretch marks, that is. lol. I have gone through so many weight fluctuations throughout the years and gotten them, and I know I will get more as I lose weight. I'm not going to stop losing weight not to get any more or anything. It's just discouraging sometimes. I mean, I have them everywhere possible you can get them almost. Forget bikinis or swimsuits. I don't feel comfortable in even shorts or sleeveless shirts. It's crazy that a real cure hasn't come out. Not a cream that will lighten them or lessen them, but a laser or something that will completely take them away.

My doctor actually told me that no cream will get rid of your stretch marks because they are actually inside, not outside. Your skin rips from the inside, and just shows on the outside. So no cream can ever make them go away, only lighten their appearance.

but for me, i tan, which blends the color of the marks and your skin to the same tone, and use 'lay it on thick' from bath and body works, and it gives my skin the elasticity it needs. (plus makes the marks lighter and smells awesome) =0>
Momma Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #33  
Started IP 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 290/187/110

Height: 5'1"

I have stretch marks all over my body.They're so big and noticeable and I hate them!I'm really hoping that they'll disappear after I've reached my weight-loss goal.
cmk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #34  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I have only a few stretch marks on my boobs (that I got when my boobs suddently got bigger in late teens). They are not very noticeable because I have a very fair skin .... in fact, I just looked in and on this overcast dark day, they are almost invisible.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #35  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

I hate my stretch marks too. I have had them since I was a teenager. I remember once my mom saw them, and she got really upset. She thought my body was destroyed. I don't mind them that much any more. The ones that were on my legs are like gone. I just noticed one day that I couldn't see them anymore. The ones on my stomach are kind of white and faded. I'm hoping they might fade some more as I lose weight. I don't think I could get away with wearing a bikini, though.

I did have a guy ask me once had I ever been pregnant. I told him know, and he didn't believe me because he thought only pregnant women get stretch marks.

Last edited by Asherdoodles87; 04-07-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I remember when I was younger, around about puberty, I obviously held a lot of fat on my thighs and I had the most fierce stretchmarks on my inner thigh. They have basically turned silver now. In my recent weight gain, however, I seem to have been lucky enough to only have a massive weightgain on my hips, so that's where the majority of my stretchmarks are
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #37  

Height: 5'3"

I have them but don't mind them. The ones on my stomach are from pregnancy and the rest are from losing weight that I have no need to be carrying around.

Noone's perfect.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote