Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Default I'm back (with tea recipes) UPDATED!!!

I'm back and very motivated to lose the last 8-10 pounds. I moved across the ocean couple of months ago and I lost more than 4 pounds without even trying. I really think its the public transportation and the fresh products I consume here.
As of today my weight is 124lbs. I will keep up with my diet and write about my progress here.

I also learned about teas that fastens metabolism. I'm not sure if its true or not but many people here use it while dieting.
Here's the recipe:

1 Apple
1 Lemon
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoon whole black pepper (do not use powder)
3-4 cloves

Cut the apple and the lemon into 4 pieces. Measure 3 litres of water and put all the ingredients in it. Boil it till the water is about 1.5 litres. Remove the black peppers, cloves and the cinnamon stick. Mash the lemon and the apple through a sifter.
1.5litres of tea is only for 2 days so you will need to make this tea every 2 days. You can drink it cold or warm it up in the microwave. This a dietitian recipe and its all natural.

Here is another tea used in this country I'm not sure if you could find all the ingredients in different countries. This is also a very popular dietitian's recipe.
Green tea
Yerba-Mate
Rosemary
Herba ericae (This is the translation)
Theyme

2 TB spoon green tea
and 1 TB spoon of other ingredients in a 1lt water
Boil the water and add the ingredients. Brew it for 20 minutes and drain it.
Consume 1-1.5 cup of the tea half an hr before each meal everyday.

I hope the teas would help us

Good luck to all of us.

Last edited by dietnlose?; 11-23-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: updates
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I looked at your pictures, I must say you are a beauty. What country did you move to ? The teas sound interesting. I have some Mate that I bought in South America. Not very yummy tasting, I was surprised to find it at a Whole Foods store in California , also.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

The teas sound delish!! Thank you for posting them.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #4  

Thank you Bargoo
I moved to Turkey where I'm originally from. The apple n' lemon tea isn't bad and you are right the second mixed spices tea isnt so yummy but I also add some fresh lemon juice while I'm drinking it. It def. changes the taste.

You're welcome Annie75
Old 11-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Hi dietnlose?

You look great as you are right now!
Did you use the tea recipe before? did it make any difference in your weight loss? Where did you get them?
Sorry about all the questions, I am just curious
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

You're looking great!
Go easy on the Yerba Mate though, it is loaded with caffeine and can interfere badly with sleep. It can also mess with your bloodsugar level.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #7  

Hello Belazura,
I just started using them so I'll keep you updated on my weight-loss. The recipes belong to 2 very popular dietitians in Turkey. It was on TV and its all over the internet.

Dutchgirl I use about 1 tb spoon a day when I'm drinking that tea. I hope that's not too much.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Only you can be the judge of that, just listen to your body. If you aren't having problems sleeping and your bloodsugar isn't doing the rollercoaster dance, you are probably fine. And Herba Ericae is heather, by the way.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #9  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
You're looking great!
Go easy on the Yerba Mate though, it is loaded with caffeine and can interfere badly with sleep. It can also mess with your bloodsugar level.
There is a widespread misconception that yerba mate is loaded with caffeine. Actually, mate has mateine, not cafeine. Like caffeine, it is a xanthine, but has none of the adverse reactions (jitters, crash, hypertension, etc) that caffeine does. Some Yerba mate companies may deceive people into thinking there is caffeine, even a lot of it by saying it is "naturally caffeinated," but they may say they do this to not cause confusion, knowing (I submit fully well) that it is mateine in mate. Additionally, mateine is harmless.

Yerba mate also is packed with nutrients and is incredibly health-generating. I believe it has even been said of yerba mate that it contains all the nutrients necessary to sustain life.

So, don't worry about it. You are doing your body good when you drink it, and you can drink as much as you want! However, you should know if you drink it at night, it will energize you and rev up your adrenaline, and make you alert (again with no negative side effects like caffeine). It can also aid in weight loss because it is a natural energy booster and is an appetite suppressant.
yodasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #10  

I know some of you asked me if the teas have worked or not..
Well here's some information for those of you who are wondering.
I started using the teas 2 weeks ago and I weighed 126 lbs.
Today I was 121lbs.
I'm also dieting and watching out what I'm eating closely. But this is the fastest I have ever lost weight.
I'm also not exercising besides household chores and just walking around the public market.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the teas helping with weight loss. Yodasmith is correct about yerba jmate, but if you have a heart condition--not good. It energizes like caffeine, and adrenaline speeds up the heart.

Now about the black pepper--good old Chromium. Stabilizes blood sugar.
Cinnamon also stabilizes blood sugar and is also antiviral/ antibacterial. Great for the digestive system. Cloves improve insulin function. Lemon is a digestive system toner as well and improves the alkalinity of the body.

Here is some great information about cinnamon and cloves
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/41026.php

. Green tea also boosts insulin levels, which helps clear sugar from the blood.
With less blood sugar spikes, less cravings, you are apt to eat a lot healthier, and burn fat more efficiently.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

jendiet, interesting info on the herbs, now I want to try these teas.

When you add the lemon and apple to the first one, are they peeled? Are you supposed to mash them and leave them in there?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:48 AM   #13  

Ringmaster,
They aren't peeled and mash them into the tea. Make sure you remove the black peppers before mashing it.