Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

You are lucky that your Red Lobster has that information for you. Like the other ladies, I try to go on-line to find out nutritional information before I got out to eat. But, as stated before, a lot of restaurants won't post it. That drives me absolutely insane, and it isn't right. I was going to eat at Zio's last week, and couldn't find the info anywhere. Of course, they always have an excuse as to why they "can't" post it, but we all know the real reason - because everybody would be shocked at the amount of sodium, fat, sugar and calories are in these meals!

Our First Watch really takes the cake - they have a special section for "light and fit." But, they not only don't post the nutritional information for these items on the "light" part of the menu, but they don't even have it on hand when you ask for it. I mean, what is the point of having a special section of your menu for dieters if you can't provide that information?
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

We were in NYC this summer and I noticed the calorie counts. It was definitely eye opening to see some of the calorie counts. I wish chains had to do this everywhere it would make it so much easier for us.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #18  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Calorie counts are not gospel, take them for what they are and try to stay within a healthy range.
Yes, that is what I thought I said - there is a lot of variation and it is merely a guideline.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I went to a conference in NYC last month and had this experience. I went to TGI Fridays prepared to eat a certain salad that I thought would be a "healthy choice" I looked at the menu and the salad had 1200 calories! Holy cow! I made a different choice.

I live in the obesity capitol of the US, you would think if anywhere we would have calories on our menus but we don't.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #20  
Never Say Never

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

it would make such a big difference if actually knew how amny calories we where eating I would definetly sign a petition for this...I am all for calories on menus...I dont we would eat as much or even try to binge i we knew how much we were putting in our system...we often dont lose weight because we are consuming more calories then we burn and we dont even know it...we might go for the light item but dont know what is there version of "light" is...
D22Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #21  
Never looking back...

S/C/G: 194/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

A friend's mom is a waitress at Red Lobster, and I was discussing this new addition to the menu with her last night. She told me that they are getting rid of their fried menu selections... a guest can still special-order it, but nothing fried will appear on the menu. She said that Red Lobster is trying a new "healthier approach." She did, however, tell me that the calorie counts are per-serving, and I KNOW that the dishes served there are more than one serving!
MrsJerseyben is offline   Reply With Quote