3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   WEIGH ourselves in the NUDE :) or NOT....please Advise me here :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/185526-weigh-ourselves-nude-not-please-advise-me-here.html)

readytobeme2010 11-01-2009 12:08 PM

WEIGH ourselves in the NUDE :) or NOT....please Advise me here :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/icon/icon5.gif Weigh Yourself WITH clothes or WITHOUT???? I'm Confused
Ok so when I started at curves a week ago ( I love it there) and started my new eating plan and journaling which miraculously doing great at AND taking alli which i love too......I started at 233 at curves when she weighed me without my shirt on or shoes but all my other clothes were on. TWO days later I spent the money on a high end scale that will actually remember my former weight and then tell me how much down or up I am...:);)How's THAT for motivation....

BUT I WAS IN THE NUDE RIGHT BEFORE A SHOWER....AND MY HOME HIGH TECH SCALE SAID I WAS 223.6 what should i believe? i would rather believe the latter but want your opinions PLEASE.....

Thanks "chickies"

Angie

alyssamichelle 11-01-2009 12:10 PM

LOL. I would rather believe the latter also. This is a great question and one that I'd been wondering about too.

Great job either way! Keep going!!

RN BSN 2009 11-01-2009 12:12 PM

which scale will you use more often?

readytobeme2010 11-01-2009 12:15 PM

well i have to weigh in monthly at curves and do measurements...but my home scale i will use only once a week every saturday morning....i'm not scale addict so i'm not running to it everytime or something ya know? I keep it out of sight outa mind till saturday mornings.

kaplods 11-01-2009 12:40 PM

It doesn't matter. You are not a number, and an exact number doesn't matter. You need to know that you're losing, not your exact weight down to the precise ounce (or even pound).

Choose one to count or count them both - with clothes, without clothes - doesn't matter either - as long as you're comparing like to like.

Unless you're wearing a parka and heavy boots, you're probably not wearing 10 lbs worth of clothing (my heaviest clothing weighs about 5 lbs - yes, I know that because I was curious and weighed on my bathroom scale in the nude, and then in clothing).

When I say that, I don't know for sure that my clothing weighs 5 lbs - it may weigh 4, it may weigh 6 - I don't know that my scale is accurate, but I do know that it's reliable (if I weigh 319 this morning, I will weigh 319 in a few minutes (assuming I don't eat something or use the potty).

You don't need precision, you need to see the trend. So pick one, pick both -nude, clothed, doesn't matter.

justaloozer 11-01-2009 12:45 PM

I personally do it nude because *I* prefer a precise number.

CountingDown 11-01-2009 01:23 PM

Kaplods is right. It doesn't matter - do whichever is easiest for you.

Consistency is the key.

I weigh first thing in the morning, after emptying my bladder. I usually wear a tee-shirt or night shirt because it is too cold to weigh in the nude. :brr:

platformnine 11-01-2009 01:30 PM

I weigh in without pants, but as long as you're consistent it doesn't matter. Next time you weigh in at Curves can you ask if you can weigh in without pants instead or something?

Windchime 11-01-2009 01:51 PM

At home I weigh nekkid (because that sounds more fun than "in the nude" ;-) ). The only other place I get weighed is at the doctor's office and since the scale is in a public hallway, I weigh in my clothes. I do take off my jacket, purse and shoes because that scale already weighs higher than mine.

I agree with both Kaplods and CountingDown--the trend is really what matters, but sometimes it's a matter of ounces to show whether or not I'm moving down or up (I'm a daily weigher). So I like the accuracy of weighing in the nude but also realize that my weight will fluctuate up to a couple of pounds a day so I don't get too hung up on the daily weight.

QuilterInVA 11-01-2009 03:07 PM

Next time you weigh at Curves, go home, take your clothes off and weigh again. Then you will know the difference between the 2 scales. I go to Curves, too, and our club has a balance scale like the doctor's office and my Thinner scale is .5 off.

heyaim 11-01-2009 03:40 PM

Yep, I always weigh first thing in the morning after emptying my bladder in the nude. I never, ever, ever weigh myself after I've had anything to eat! LOL

PammyFl 11-01-2009 06:08 PM

I weigh first thing in the morning in whatever i slept in after my morning pee haha :)

Heather 11-01-2009 06:29 PM

So, from the previous posters we see that it doesn't matter -- as long as you're comparing "apples" to "apples".

My official weight is on my home scale, Monday mornings, after peeing and just in my undies.

But I also weigh at the gym. That is on Wednesdays, just before my 3pm workout with all my gym clothes and shoes.

The gym scale is generally about 5 pounds more than the home scale. Makes sense given the different conditions. But if I tried to compare one to the other, it would seem like I gained 5 pounds in a couple of days.

So, just pick one way to consistently do it.

Good luck!