Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Default Trick or Treat = 1 **** of a test!!!!

Well, I've done good with the trick or treat candy in the house. I've only gotten into some of the starburst. The rest of the candy has stayed in the cabinet and hasn't been touched!

Tonight is trick or treat...which means the rest of the candy has to come out of the cabinet!! Plus my boy will come back from trick or treating with a bunch of candy!! Yikes!!!

I'm hoping I have the will-power to keep my fingers out of the yummy candy bowl!! LOL
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I got into some candy corn earlier in the week. Im glad my kids are past trick or treating ages..no temptation.
I worked at church getting things ready for our fall festival and that meant handling about 50+ bags of candy....I did great only had one peice of gum!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #3  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Great job staying away from the candy, ladies! I totally get keeping it in a cabinet. I'm an "outta sight outta mind" kinda girl so if I can't see it, I'm usually ok. I have put off buying candy this year. I'm going to pick some up tomorrow, so that I'll only have it in my house one day.

Someone (probably here) said the best thing to do is buy candy that you don't eat & use that for trick or treaters. This way, you won't be as tempted.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #4  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Congrats on staying out of the candy! Just stay focused and your goals and you will do fine! You can do it!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

No much candy out there I don't like! LOL I did buy some suckers. Hopefully a sucker will get me through the craving while I'm sitting there w/ the candy. This is definately a time when an apple or banana just doesn't do the trick! LOL

I did through on some chicken in the slow cooker. Figured I'd make sure my belly is full with chicken and salad before the candy emerges from the cabinet. LOL
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Congrats!!!!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It's not about will power. It's about willingNESS. What are you willing to do to get to your goals? Are you willing to forgo that over in 2 seconds quick fix candy in order to obtain long term health, happiness and satisfaction? Which do you want more at this time and this moment? The candy? or the weight loss? How will you feel after you eat the candy? How will you feel if you don't eat the candy? Do you think you'll regret eating it? Is there a chance you won't be able to stop at a piece or two? Is there a chance that once you start, you won't be able to stop? Will it derail you for 3 days, a week, maybe 2? Is it worth it to take the chance? What will happen to you if you don't eat it? Do you think you will regret NOT eating it?

You've got the strength to NOT eat something. You just have to be WILLING to make the decision and see it through. Remember what it is you want the MOST. Right now if you are focusing on your shedding the pounds, are you really WILLING to take a chance and eat some mediocre Halloween candy?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I always bought candy for Halloween "just in case"... I've lived in 4 different apartments in as many years, and never knew whether I'd get any trick-or-treaters. I usually didn't, and guess who ended up eating the candy???

This year, I'm going out of town, lol.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote