Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Question Sites that track NET calories?

I was wondering if any of you know of a site that will track net calories (calories left in the body after exercising...for example if I eat 1000 and burn 300 through exercise, my net calories would be 700)? I also want to be able to enter my own calorie goal, not have them figure it out and put it in for me.

Thanks!

Last edited by Moonlight Mistress; 10-28-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I know that thedailyplate.com calculates net calories by default. I remember it being a little tricky to find the link to enter your own calorie goal (rather than using their calculator) but it's there somewhere.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #3  

I don't like daily plate...it's seems way to confusing to use. Thanks anyway though...

Anyone else?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #4  
Practicing Imperfection

I use calorielookup.com It's very simple, nothing fancy, but you can enter your exercise, and it's zippy fast.
Nuxmaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #5  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

livestrong.com does -- I just entered my food and exercise for the day.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/123

Height: 5'5

You can easily come up with an excel sheet that does that for you. I made one. Then you just enter every day how many calories you ate, how many you burned at the gym, and then the page gives you back stuff like, average calories burned so far, avg calories eaten every day so far, and then totals eaten and burned and your total deficit and then even how many lbs you should have burned given what you said you ate and burned (of course, if you aren't weighing your food this number can at times be way off, and I don't always trust what the gym machines tell me I burned.)
bethanygm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeckyV View Post
livestrong.com does -- I just entered my food and exercise for the day.
That's Daily Plate.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I've used fitday years ago, but don't remember if that one subtracts exercise calories or not.

Calorieking does, but I'm assuming you want free sites, and that one costs an arm and a leg now.

Sparkpeople definitely does not - although it DOES keep track of exercise calories so you could easily subtract it yourself if you wanted.

Other sites you may want to check out: www.my-calorie-counter.com, dailyburn.com

Then again, if Livestrong's site is too confusing, I'm not sure any of these other ones will be any easier - calorie tracking is always the same process... you search for a food or exercise, you enter a duration or amount, and you watch the numbers add up. Personally, I find livestrong/dailyplate and sparkpeople to be the easiest to use, because they've got enormous user-generated databases, so I almost never have to enter things manually. I remember using fitday and entering almost every food I ate manually (of course, you only have to enter it once).

Last edited by mayness; 10-30-2009 at 01:10 PM.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote