Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Default Weight loss and pimples?

I rarely ever get pimples but now that I am losing weight they are coming in bunches! Has this happened to anyone else?
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #2  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Not me, I get less skin probs due to eating better and taking vits. Have you changed up your make up or are you using a different cleanser for your skin?
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

No, I've had the EXACT opposite experience. My skin has (finally!) been wonderfully clear and free of pimples and blemishes. Hair thicker then ever, nails grow like weeds...

I'm with Annie. Did you change something about your make up or daily care routine? Any new products? Even laundry detergent?, which would be on your pillow cases?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Actually this happened to me when I started losing too! I even started a thread about it. I don't normally get pimples, at all. When i started losing, within the first few weeks, they started popping up!

I still haven't figured it out but after those first ones went away, I haven't had another pimple since. Friends have said that it's "toxins leaving your body" but I'm not so convinced about that.

Anyway, you're not alone but I'm all clear now so just wait it out and see what happens
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

No changes in anything (except diet & exercise) whatsoever! And Julia, I also heard the toxins thing.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #6  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Maybe its from working out and getting all sweaty? If you dont shower like right after your workout maybe wash your face as soon as you're done. Sometimes after I work out I come home starving and end up making dinner or get distracted and it takes me a hour to hit the shower...

Could that be it?
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm willing to bet it's the exercise. It makes my acne much worse. That extra heat and moisture makes it easier for acne-causing bacteria to grow.

Definitely wash your face AS SOON AS you're done working out. If I'm doing my cardio and then my strength training after it, I'll even wash (or at least rinse) my face in between the two.

If that's not enough, you might need to use a slightly stronger cleanser, or one with acne-preventing ingredients.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote