Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #16  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, girls! I don't think DH does it on purpose, necessarily, but he does make me feel guilty for being tired. I think it's just because I'm gone all day, and by the time the kids go to bed (they've been fighting bedtime this week, which is so difficult-they are being obstinate), he wants to be able to spend a little time with me. Quite frankly, during the week, I don't even have enough time for myself, so he's going to have to take a number, I guess. I'm just tired, and I need sleep, so I'm going to have to do what I need to do for me. The rest of it will work itself out. I don't know what else to do.
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #17  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I generally get 8 hours during the week and 9 on the weekends. It helps a lot that both DS10 and spouse are heavy sleepers too - our entire household shuts down and goes to bed by 9:30. It does cause a real cramp in getting other things done - I would dearly love to be able to get away with less, but any time I've tried to cut back, I catch a cold. And if I get sick, NOTHING gets done - no housework, no laundry, no playtime, no exercise. Time management is a nightmare anyway, but sleep is one of those things that we don't compromise - it's just become something we do, like paying the bills.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

I was telling my sister in law the other day that in the past year and a half or so I've gotten 2 full nights of sleep. I have a 15 month old who still wakes during the night and you know at the end of pregnancy sleep is not as restful as it can be with bathroom trips, discomfort and such. Those 2 nights that I've gotten were 2 nights that he spent away, once in July and just this past weekend. So yes, I totally am the type who requires good sleep but I just cannot get it and I feel it.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Sleep? What's that? I hear ya, I have twin 3 yr olds who still get up on average 3-5 times a night and sometimes that's each of them! They certainly don't need me, but one will fall out of bed and want to be tucked back in or something and either way, they come in and wake me up. So, on average I think I get maybe 7-8 hours, but after 2-3 hours of solid sleep, the rest of it is broken sleep so not very restful.

I feel much better than I used to though. Prior to my lifestyle change I used to stay up until 2am and then wake up at 7am and the only sleep I got was broken sleep.

I say, if possible--get as much sleep as you are able to. If hubby needs to take a number, then so be it. Once you get caught up and feel more rested, then you can set aside a couple of nights to stay up with him. My hubby knows better than to guilt trip me when I say I'm tired--in fact, I'm usually the one snapping at him when he says it (seeing as how he sleeps like the dead and the girls don't bother him at night ).

Sigh...one day I'll get a solid 8 hours in...one day...
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote