Some interesting factoids from Fat 2 Fit radio

• I heard about this podcast on 3fc and wanted to share some things that stood out to me right away:

"If you want to see your hidden “six-pack”, you need to lose the fat off of your stomach first. You will start to clearly see your stomach muscles when men get below 9% and women below 15%"

"When you lose weight fast, you lose a lot of water, muscle and fat. If you lose 5 lbs, you may lose 3 lbs of water, one pound of muscle, and one pound of fat. Every time that you diet and lose muscle, your metabolism slows down. If you gain the 5 lbs back, you will regain 3 lbs of water, but this time you will regain 2 lbs of fat. You will actually have more and more pounds of fat on you each time you diet like this. Your metabolism slows down because you don’t have as much muscle as you used to, and the yo-yo cycle continues."
  • thats why strength training is so important. especially women, we lose more muscle than men, we shouldn't be afraid to pick up some heavy weights!
  • Wow thats pretty interesting. This is why I have started using weights when before I was just doing strict cardio, and is why the scale is finally moving after 3 months of just sitting there.
  • I don't remember the numbers, but you *do* add back *some* of the muscle when you gain fat. Because you are, in effect, doing progressive strength training when you gain fat.