I made cookies.....

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • nibbled on one, then promptly threw the rest down the garbage disposal. The macaroni followed. No thought about it when I did it, no thought about it now.
  • I'd call that an NSV! woot woot!
  • LOL. That's awesome.
  • hahahaha....
  • Wohoo!
  • hehe
  • MACARONI??? NOOOOOOO!

lol

you are a STRONG chick!

Pasta is my weakness...
  • Wow, I could have never done that. I'm too much of a tight wad... I would have taken them to the neighbors or to grandma. I have a hard time still with waste.
  • Quote: Wow, I could have never done that. I'm too much of a tight wad... I would have taken them to the neighbors or to grandma. I have a hard time still with waste.
    Me too! Total tight wad here... I LOVE to bake, but have had to stop because I'm too tempted to eat what I make! They're about to get a TON of baked goods from me at work and around town, though, because baking is just something I do this time of year. I can't help myself!!
  • Way to go for just tasting and getting rid of it. If i went as far as to nibble I would have ate the whole thing! GRATS!
  • Why did you make cookies in the first place?
  • Wow. Good job. Just wondering though, why'd you make them in the first place? Home baked goods are without a doubt my toughest temptation.

Anyway, I'm thinking you had the urge for them, and then a better head prevailed, yes? It may have been a waste to throw them away, but it would have been a MUCH bigger waste and sin to EAT them. To eat something that puts ones life at risk is IMO the worst sin of all.

Next time, if you're in an eating and cooking mode, make yourself something totally delicious AND nutritious. Be creative!!!
  • I don't bake anymore ... it's just too tempting so well done to you, yay for will power!
  • Quote:
    Anyway, I'm thinking you had the urge for them, and then a better head prevailed, yes? It may have been a waste to throw them away, but it would have been a MUCH bigger waste and sin to EAT them. To eat something that puts ones life at risk is IMO the worst sin of all.
    What I was thinking..

I used to like baking but most the time things are made in such big batches and it's too easy to keep going back for more. There should be some recipes or cookbooks where we can cook 2 cookies or 1 little cake so it's easier to have portion control
  • Quote: I used to like baking but most the time things are made in such big batches and it's too easy to keep going back for more. There should be some recipes or cookbooks where we can cook 2 cookies or 1 little cake so it's easier to have portion control
    Same here! Why can't recipes be reliably cut in half? For my husband and I, or even the three of us at work, it's ridiculous to make 60 cookies....but when I try to reduce the recipe it never comes out right!!!