Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I tell my SO, since we're doing this together. My roommates both know, one is losing weight with me. And I tell my mom, cause she is my mom.
Other people know I'm losing weight, but I'm not comfortable telling people numbers. Some day, someone will figure out losing larger numbers meant I weighed more (because I'm some how avoiding that with just existing...)
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #17  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I pretty much have told everyone. Well not just randomly but if I go to dinner with a friend or am around someone when Im trying to decide what to eat. My SO also hears about every pound and is VERY supportive but Ive only told my sister and my best friend the real numbers. Im sure the SO knows though.

I actually wish that I would've told no one besides my bestie and SO. In some odd way it makes me feel less in control and more like Im going to fail. Its really strange. I fold under pressure though and the more people that know means the more pressure I have on me to actually lose it this time and not be a failure...so I guess it does make a little sense.
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:05 AM   #18  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I mostly talk about my workouts with people. For example last week I ran 19 miles over the course of 6 days, so I told my friends and co-workers.

I have been losing slowly over the course of 3+ years so most people don't see a big change. The other thing I have found is people want advice, then when I tell them I count calories and exercise they change the subject. (sorry no magic pill)

I usually only tell DH my weight when I hit a new low, or when the scale starts moving up (usually to warn him I am going to be cranky).
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Besides my husband and immediate family and close friends, I didn't tell anyone when I started in the Spring. And the only ones who know exactly how much weight I've lost (which is really, how heavy I let myself get!) are my doctors and you folks!

My co-workers noticed I was just tasting things like birthday treats, but no one made any comments, thank goodness. After I came back from the Summer break very noticeably smaller, I received a lot of compliments, and some people were a bit nosier that I'm comfortable with. I just responded with "nothing special, just exercise and eating less." I received a lovely plant for my birthday at work instead of a sweet treat , which shows nice support.

My friends who ask, I go into a bit more detail if they seem genuinely interested; and then change the topic.

My MIL still hasn't noticed, even after 50 pounds. LOL

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 10-26-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #20  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

I tell my parents and my sister. My sister and I are both enrolled with the same weight management center so we help keep each other on track and compare notes. Others I tell only if they ask.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #21  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I do the same thing Julia, everytime I lose weight my fiance is the first to hear about it! But everyone else only hears about it if they ask.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #22  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I don't tell anyone except a very few close people. I feel it's nobody's business but my own, and the last thing I want is family members or coworkers looking over my shoulder asking "is that on your diet?" If someone notices that I've lost weight, I'll accept the compliment, and if they ask how I did it, I've only one answer: eat less, exercise more.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #23  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I definitely tell my family -- lol Sometimes I think they may get tired of hearing me talk about it so I try not to over talk it. They know though - they can see it lol I do talk about it online sometimes - or I will share when I have hit a goal.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #24  

Height: 6'1

I only tell my boyfriend for the most part, although he doesn't know how much I weigh, only how many lbs I have lost. I tell my mom sometimes because she used to give me a hard time about gaining weight, although shes much much better now. I'm going to see her in a month so I don't want to tell her everything, rather just wow her. As for coworkers and friends, only if they notice changes and ask me personally.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #25  
Graceful Loser

I have a lot of people I love, people who I am very close to.. however, my support system is not strong. At Curves, most of the women are thin and I simply don't relate to them right now. My family doesn't say much at all. It's like talking to a wall when I mention my weight loss. My friends don't get it either.

I'm just walking alone, right now, but that's motivation in a way.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #26  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

It's kind of hard keeping it a secret after losing 185 pounds...Funny thing is, at this point no one really cares anymore except my husband and immediate family...it seems the rest of my community would LOVE to see me do what I have always done in the past...gain it all back PLUS! Seriously.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 3"

I'll talk about it if people are curious and ask, but right now my weight loss isn't very noticeable. I'm much more focused on getting stronger, increasing endurance and the impact exercise has on my emotional health.

I did tell my husband I lost eight pounds and he, well, he thought he was motivating me and said, "Good, how many more to go?" *rolls eyes*
Lyndel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

I tell people when they ask, which has happened a lot lately with relatives and people around the neighborhood who haven't seen me in a long time.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #29  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I tell my bf about it and a couple of my sisters
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #30  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

I only discuss weight with my exercise buddy. Beyond that usually my mom is the first to notice any changes.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote