Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/120

Height: 5'3

Smile Just getting started - any advice?

Hi everyone! I have finally decided to start doing something about my weight and I have been looking through this website and this just looks like an amazing thing! Everyone looks so helpful! And I was just wondering if as I get started anyone has any advice they could give me? Any tips? I tend to eat all the time. Especially when bored. And I am just sick of lookin in the mirror and thinking, this is not how I am supposed to look, this is not how I see me. I would really appriciate anything you guys could tell me.

A thousand thanks

Mercedes
SadieSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Commit yourself fully to whatever plan you've decide on.

Be honest with yourself.

Exercise is important.

Let nothing or no one, even yourself, stop you from reaching your goals. They are attainable and you can do it. Never forget that and never stop believing in the power of YOU.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes! Find an online calorie counter like fitday.com and enter all your food for today. Try to enter yesterday too. Ideally, a week's worth would be great.

You'll soon see the parts of your diet that need work. And we'll help with that.

Do you plan on exercising? or being more active?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Have a plan, but don't be afraid to change your plan if it's not working. Don't be upset if you mess up - everyone messes up.

Last edited by Glory87; 10-21-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Have a plan, but don't be afraid to change your plan if it's not working. Don't be upset if you mess up - everyone messes up.

Exactly. When you slip, don't let that keep you from getting back on that horse
Old 10-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/180/120

Height: 5'3

Thank you, this is good advice already. I do plan on excersising more. Nothing huge, just a little more active every day, walking to work and back, which is 40 min. walk each way so I think that will help. Any good excerises out there? Like videos or routines I could look into?
SadieSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #7  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

I think these are all great replies and I agree, whatever plan you decide on, committ yourself to it. Research different plans and see what plan will fit your lifestyle and food preferences, there are a ton of different ways to eat out there, just as important though is exercise. Doesn't have to be anything formal, just taking a walk or whatever you feel comfortable with is a good way to start. I also think reading and posting here on the forum helps a lot. There are a lot of great success stories out there! I personally am doing a low carb plan, but it's not for everyone, so check out some different ones and find something you can see yourself sticking with! you can do it!
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieSmith View Post
Thank you, this is good advice already. I do plan on excersising more. Nothing huge, just a little more active every day, walking to work and back, which is 40 min. walk each way so I think that will help. Any good excerises out there? Like videos or routines I could look into?

For me these are DVDs I have and/or still use -

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds series (these, in my opinion, are great for beginners)

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat - Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones

The Biggest Loser - Workouts 1 &2, Cardio Max, Power Sculpt

and I also love any by Cindy Whitmarsh
Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I'd suggest finding some support IRL. A friend, a co-worker someone. Not that the people of 3fc aren't amazing, but sometimes, you need someone close by.

For the boredom, why not pick up an easy hobby? Something you can do to give you something to fill that time where you would be tempted to snack....
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote