i should be in the 100 lb club

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • but i simply can't think that far ahead. i feel more comfortable for shooting for 200 maybe 199 and reevaluating myself then.

i know mini goals are common but this is not a mini goal. i am looking at this weight loss in 2 separate catagories, if that makes any sense. First, get to 200, then decide where i want to end up with my final goal.

i know i'm weird.
  • The 100 lb club here is for anyone who has about 100 lbs or more to lose!! Please feel free to come join us!

It is really about being with others who understand the struggle of being 100 lbs or more overweight which can be a different challenge than someone who is 10-15 lbs overweight.
  • Well, whatever works for you is what's right.

I initially set my goal as 150 (changed soon after cuz "in the 140's" sounded so much better, lol!).

When I reached that, I reset my goal to 139.

When I reached that, I reset my goal to 129.

When I reach that... I will set a new goal. I will probably decide to try to trim another 5 pounds. But if not, I will set a goal in terms of waist/hip ratio or bodyfat percentage or whatever. Having some kind of goal seems to be the "maintenance" that works for me.

Welcome, and good luck!
  • Quote: The 100 lb club here is for anyone who has about 100 lbs or more to lose!! Please feel free to come join us!

It is really about being with others who understand the struggle of being 100 lbs or more overweight which can be a different challenge than someone who is 10-15 lbs overweight.
    Oh i could stand to lose 100 lbs. i guess it all depends on what i want my final goal to be? i'm not really sure.
  • Quote: Oh i could stand to lose 100 lbs. i guess it all depends on what i want my final goal to be? i'm not really sure.
    Either way, its really not about where your final goal is but where you are at right now and the various challenges you may encounter that those with less to lose may not encounter. Feel free to join us in the 100 lb club though
  • I hang out in the 100lb club and currently my total desired weight loss (including what I've already shed) is 95lbs I'll see if I want to go further once I get nearer 153.

It's a great place, do come and check it out! You can still post everywhere else too, you know
  • I can relate. I just wanted to leave the obese category and then the overweight category. I was educating myself along the way with what I should be eating. I just continued eating the right things and my weight continued to drop.
  • Quote: I hang out in the 100lb club and currently my total desired weight loss (including what I've already shed) is 95lbs I'll see if I want to go further once I get nearer 153.

It's a great place, do come and check it out! You can still post everywhere else too, you know
    I'd been thinking about joining the 100lb club. My goal is 95 lbs, too. But I didn't know if I'd get funny looks since, technically it's not 100. But seeing as you don't get funny looks, then why should I? Over my goal I mean. Feel free to look at me funny because of my personality. :P
  • Quote: I'd been thinking about joining the 100lb club. My goal is 95 lbs, too. But I didn't know if I'd get funny looks since, technically it's not 100. But seeing as you don't get funny looks, then why should I? Over my goal I mean. Feel free to look at me funny because of my personality. :P
    It's the internet, we can't do funny looks on here

Seriously, come on over, dip your toe in. If you enjoy it, relax and visit more often. Otherwise, feel free to never darken the doorstep again Either way it's good

Oh, and really, don't worry about the personality thing, I'm as warped as a twisted piece of wood!
  • I doubt that any of my fellow 100lbs clubbers would kick anyone out! Come join! I agree that it is really more about needing to lose a significant amount of weight, as opposed to just a few lbs.
  • Quote: I'd been thinking about joining the 100lb club. My goal is 95 lbs, too. But I didn't know if I'd get funny looks since, technically it's not 100. But seeing as you don't get funny looks, then why should I? Over my goal I mean. Feel free to look at me funny because of my personality. :P
    Oh please come! Its not a 10 item or less checkout line

There is no true cutoff and no one is kicked out.
  • Quote: Oh please come! Its not a 10 item or less checkout line
    Hehehe. I'll definitely be adding to the list of forums I frequent. ^^
  • The more the merrier, I say!
    Come on over and hang out with us!
  • Everyone is welcome; don't ever worry about the actual amount you have to lose!
  • I post all over the place - in fact, I pay more attention to the topic than I do to where it is. I say anyone can post in the 100lb Club if they can identify with the topic at hand. Come on over!