3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   When Do You Weigh? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/184569-when-do-you-weigh.html)

garnetrising 10-19-2009 12:42 PM

When Do You Weigh?

We all know that your weight fluctuates throughout the day. I was just curious if people have found that they generally weigh the least at any bizarre time during the day.

I've been on vacation, spending a lot of time at my house with my dogs and I found myself stepping on the scale randomly for no other reason than out of curiosity. It was something of an experiment. A couple of times, I found that I weighed less about 11am then any other time through the day. I definitely weigh most in the late evening though. Despite it all, I only use the weight from first thing in the morning to judge my losses.

Tomorrow morning'll mark one week. Hopefully today's weight hold through til tomorrow. (Or drops more. :lol:) Right now, I'm on point. ^^

luckylindy 10-19-2009 01:08 PM

My daily routine...get out of bed, go to the bathroom, strip down to nothing and hop on the scale. I do this at the same time everyday. On the weekends, if I sleep in and its later than 10 am, I dont even bother hopping on the scale because I will see a pound difference. Its corny but for me, every pound counts (losing or gaining), when it comes to the weight loss battle.

Good luck!

Hamoco350 10-19-2009 01:17 PM

I kind of weigh myself randomly throughout the day. I only jot down my official weight loss once every month, though- I think it's better that way, honestly. Weekly weigh-ins never worked for me, I was constantly stressed because of them.

yoovie 10-19-2009 01:18 PM

Monday mornings, before I eat and bathe, but after I pee.

Loving Me 10-19-2009 01:44 PM

First thing Friday morning, after I visit the bathroom.

justaloozer 10-19-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoovie (Post 2977389)
Monday mornings, before I eat and bathe, but after I pee.

Same here!

yoyoma 10-19-2009 02:08 PM

I weigh in first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I try to avoid weighing at any point later in the day. The reason is that I'm almost always disappointed in the result. Sometimes I've been tempted because of, ummm, natural processes not lining up first thing in the morning. But it seems as if just breathing makes me gain weight during the day.

Hamoco350 10-19-2009 02:18 PM

Everyone seems to do weekly weigh-ins.. I might have to start.
Something about them makes me so intimidated. I ususally go by monthly Curves weigh-in. :)

garnetrising 10-19-2009 02:22 PM

I don't put a lot of weight (haha, pun not intended) on how much my weight fluctuates day-to-day. But I do track how high it is once a week, Tuesdays, this time around. But it's more so I can keep a closer eye on whether I'm making any progress. I think doing a monthly weigh-in wouldn't hold me accountable enough.

emiloots 10-19-2009 03:51 PM

First thing in the morning, in the buff :o) That way nothing I recently ate, drank, or am wearing will influence my weight. If I did it any other time of day I'd find myseld justifying that 'it's just my jeans' or 'i just drank a glass of water so that must be it'. This way it's fairly accurate and I can't make excuses.

Lisa_C 10-19-2009 03:56 PM

Whenever i get done with a exercise routine at the gym, usually once every week or two.

Altari 10-19-2009 04:05 PM

In the morning, after I've had my coffee.

garnetrising 10-19-2009 04:26 PM

:lol: I love that you wait until after you've had your coffee, Altari. It's something my husband would do. Wait until after coffee. Hehehe.

kuhrisuh 10-19-2009 04:56 PM

I also find that I weigh less mid-morning, around 11am or so. Weiiirrdd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamoco350 (Post 2977502)
Everyone seems to do weekly weigh-ins.. I might have to start.
Something about them makes me so intimidated. I ususally go by monthly Curves weigh-in. :)

Girl, keep with the monthly if thats what works for you! I'd probably like to only weigh once a month, but I get wayyyy to curious, haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loving Me (Post 2977442)

I second that!

MeowMix 10-19-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuhrisuh (Post 2977796)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Loving Me (Post 2977442)

I second that!

I third that! (At about 6:00am).