Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #1  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling so sick

Anyone so overweight that it is literally making you feel sick? I have 80-100 lbs to lose. This is the biggest I have ever been and let me tell you, I feel horrible
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Sweetie - you can do this, I promise. You just have to chip away at it slowly and it WILL come off if you stick to it. What's your eating and exercise plan? When I first started losing, a wonderful woman on this board gave me the great advice to not let the 'oh my god - I'm so fat, I can't stand it' feeling derail me and make me give up. Hope that helps and come back and post often!!!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #3  

Don't think of it as losing 80-100 pounds, think of it as losing 5 pounds 18-20 times. Or even losing one pound 80-100 times. Baby steps! Set mini-goals and break it down - that's the only way I've been able to do it.

You have found a great community of support. You are not alone -we are here to encourage you!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

I'm in the same boat as you. I have...well HAD 100 pounds to lose. I am down to 89 left .

Instead of looking at losing 100 pounds, I am only going to lose 10 pounds. And I am going to do that 10 times. By breaking it down small like that, it seems so much more obtainable. Because really, what it 10 pounds? Even I can do that.

You CAN do it!
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm in the same boat as well- 100 lbs to lose- but now it's a lot less- it takes time but you can do it!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Ohh yeah -- being overweight def. makes me feel sick.. especially if I've been eating well and then go back to eating junk, I can really tell a difference.

You've got to stick with it.. pretty soon you'll be feeling LOTS better. Keep your head up, you CAN do this, I promise.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #7  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

Yes sweetie I feel the same way. It is HARD...just think ahead...if you do this NOW imagine how great you'll look and FEEL!!! We can do it....Its better to loose, look better, and be healther rather than stuffing our faces for an hour or so satsfation, and again....so don't give up!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I know what you mean. When I think back to how I felt just 20 lbs. ago, it was like night and day from how I feel now...and I'm sure that when I lose 20 more, it will be just as different, and so on. Just take time to do things for yourself. You can do this!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

As one who had pretty much the same starting weight as you, believe me when I say that you can do this. You absolutely can do this. I'm not going to lie and say that it will always be easy, but as long as you keep at it you'll get there.

If you haven't yet visited, the 100 lb club is a great place to find people who also have a lot to lose. There are people at every stage, and there's a huge amount of information as well as support there.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #10  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

I've got at least 100lbs to lose...in an ideal world, I'd like to lose around 130. But I'll accept the first ten. I'll settle for my pants feeling less snug and being a little less breathless when I walk upstairs. That's a little manageable.

You can do it - loads of women before us have done it, and so can we! Hang in there!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #11  

Feeling sick is what got me started on this journey. I felt crappy all the time, and when the acid reflux set in and started getting in the way of my sleep, I finally decided to do something about it.

Like the other poster said, you feel a tremendous difference in just the first 20lbs. You don't have to lose the full amount to get some relief! But, once you see that you CAN do it, you won't want to stop!
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #12  
One Old Jedi

S/C/G: 306/208/195

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix4u View Post
Anyone so overweight that it is literally making you feel sick? I have 80-100 lbs to lose. This is the biggest I have ever been and let me tell you, I feel horrible
Hi Trix !!
Welcome to the place where you will find support and unconditional love.
What I want to tell you is YES many of us have felt sick or worse when we decided....
Enough is ENOUGH - I am going to change !!!!

I want to encourage you to get checked out by your doctor..
You wan't to make sure there is not something underlying your ill feeling...

Please don't be alarmed by this, but I felt miserable as well when I was 306+

I started to lose, then my wife encouraged me to go see the doctor as well...
And low and behold there was a reason I was feeling like poo... too.....

I was diagnosed as a type II diabetic, now I am hoping as I lose the weight my need for the meds goes away ... but I must tell you as soon as I started tracking my blood sugar levels and moderated what I took in as far as carbs.
Got my blood values normalized I feel awesome ! and I still have tons of weight to lose ....

Please don't be alarmed, but my input is --- You Can Do This Thing !!!!
We are here to help you - 3 fat chicks and a caveman
We care - please get checked out and welcome to the boards !!!!!!!!

The Orange One
PSP Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I remember feeling the exact same way when I started. Like I could never, ever lose all this weight. Like I was too far gone, and it would take too long. Like it was just way too overwhelming. But I, too, told myself to just take it 10 pounds at a time. I kept reminding myself of that. It really does work when you think of it that way. I kept thinking that I'd look better and better with each 10 pounds, and it was true. Just take the plunge and don't worry about how much weight you need to lose. Focus on getting healthier and looking better in 10 pound increments.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 AM   #14  
Now Or Never

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/190

Thanks all, I appreciate it. Tears are rolling down my face as I read your replies.
Trix4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #15  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Glad to know you're feeling better about this! Just to add my $0.02...I think it's hard no matter how much weight you have to lose. Sure, 100 lbs seems like an awful lot to lose, but so is 10 lbs. I know that when it's my weight I have to bring down, I always think it's insurmountable. I never thought I would be at 155. NEVER. I thought I would be at 165 - 170 for the rest of my life and that it really wasn't so bad. This summer I told myself I'd give it one more shot but on MY terms. Meaning, no deprivation, no starving, no excessive measures (salads for 2 meals out of the day everyday, exercising at least 2 hours a day, etc). So far, I'm happy with my diet and I'm happy with my weightloss. Start by doing something you enjoy. You like taking a walk? Go for it! Don't think about the weightloss at first. Focus on that satisfied and happy feeling you get.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote