Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/120-110

Height: 5'3

Default Feeling like I can't do this.

Hey everyone so lately I've been feeling like I will never be able to lose weight. I really want to but I don't know I feel like there is something blocking me and I'm never consistant with my work outs or eating right.
I see all you wonder people on here losing so much weight and I think "Wow that's amazing but that will never happen to me ". I don't know if I just don't want it bad enough or what because when I look at myself I get depressed over my size and I want to do something about it but its like I rather just be sad and sit at home. Sometimes ill be in a great mood and want tp work out but lately I've been so lazy. Im not sure if this is making any sense but if any of you have some words or incouragment, tips, or anything that would be super helpful.
Thanks everyone
takarixvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes, lots of us have felt like that. Lots of us feel like that on a regular basis

I'm going to suggest that you hunt around for a daily chat thread. As you read and post from day to day, you'll find that almost all of us have our ups and downs. But with support, the down days won't seem so down.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I notice your starting weight is 172. I can remember being 172 and feeling like you do, I didn't do anything about except to fret about being overweight, By not doing anything I eventually found myself at over 204 pounds. Then I started to do something about it. It would have been so much easier if I had started when I was 172 and not 32 or more pounds heavier. It only gets harder the more you put it off.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

You sound like you may be a little overwhelmed. I heartily endorse Susan's suggestion to find a thread or group that you can participate in and start jumping in. But as far as losing weight goes--please don't be overwhelmed. You don't have to jump in 100% at first. Lots of people find it easier to dip their toe in the water first.

Start small, if that's what works for you. Start by saying that you will cut back on soda and drink 6 glasses of water a day, for instance. Do that for a few days, then start something else like a little light exercise. Remember that doesn't necessarily mean putting on full workout gear and jumping headlong into the gym; it can also mean making a committment to walk a mile a day, three days a week.

As you start adding good habits to replace bad ones, you will see results. And that will help to motivate you forward.

You can do this. Unless your body has figured out a way to totally violate the laws of physics and themodynamics, it IS possible for you to lose weight. So that's good, right!?? Keep hanging around and take a few baby steps. You'll soon be on your way!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I second what Susan said! I've felt like that a lot! What really helped this time around was having someone to be accountable to. First it was a friend who was also on a mission to lose weight who was doing a fantastic job with working out and eating right. Then I found this board again and jumped right into a monthly challenge thread--and that really made the difference for me! Being able to check in with those girls daily and seeing all that they were doing to make their goals has been be so very inspiring!! On the days where I didn't feel like working out, I'd check in on the exercise thread, see that everyone else was busting their butts and I'd suck it up and do it too!

Come on over and jump right in! It's never too late to join a challenge and the ladies there are absolutely fantastic!!! (of course, all the ladies & gentlemen here are! ) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

what they said

also, right now I see your goal and I know the feeling of "jeeeez 52-62 lbs to lose that is sooooo much". It can be overwhelming. When I lost my weight I broke it in to very very small chunks. "Get below the obese BMI" then 5-10 lbs at a time.

To start, just focus on losing that first 3 lbs and getting into the 160's. That's it, just 3 little pounds. Let yourself feel victorious as often as possible. Success breeds success

Last edited by ennay; 10-12-2009 at 10:03 AM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would agree, focus on small goals. It can especially help when you are stuck to think of the smaller picture rather than the bigger picture.

You can do this
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #8  

I also agree with what everyone is saying about starting small! I too often have motivation problems, so some of the things I think to myself as I'm reaching for some cookies to eat while watching TV are like, "This is a choice. Do you CHOOSE to gain more weight, or do you CHOOSE to put those cookies away?" and just the whole choice thing really coerces me to make the choice to LOSE weight instead of gain it. Also, like others mentioned before, when you eat, just think to yourself, "Do I NEED this (aka you're actually HUNGRY) or do I WANT this?" and eventually you learn to restrain your cravings. I'm really struggling with that cravings part right now because I'd often find myself with free time, so I like to watch TV on my laptop, and I usually like to snack when I do watch TV, lol. D:

But yessss! I know you can do it! We're all here to back you up! x)
Procrastinating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #9  

Thanks everyone! Seriously reading all these post made me feel a lot better and even worked out right now. I'm so glad I found 3fc all of you guys are so wonderful .
Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #10  
yoovie

Up your iron intake as well. Maybe you aren't getting enough and its contibuting to you feeling lazy. Wouldn't it be great if you realized it was a nutrition problem, and not because it wasn't important enough to you?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #11  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

I agree with everyone about setting mini goals. They have helped me tremendously! When I would think I had 80+ pounds to lose, all it would make me want to do is lay in bed and cry.

So I set mini goals of 10 pounds. 10 pounds is great for me because I can say goodbye FOREVER to a weight decade. Right now you're at 172 about 3 pounds away from 169, make that your first goal and say goodbye forever to the 170's!

If 10 pounds is to big a mini goal make it 5 and celebrate being half way through a weight decade. I really do love leaving a weight decade!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #12  
yoovie

Everytime I lose ten pounds I spend money on myself. But I always make sure I spend it on things that will help me lose another ten. Like new running shoes, hand weights, iTunes, workout clothes, etc
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #13  

Ugh Im so upset I woke up at 3 this morning extreamly sick. I was so excited to start being consistant and then this happened
Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #14  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I felt very similar to the way you are feeling. Then I found the 5pound challenges in the challenge section of this forum. 5 pounds seemed so doable, way easier and realistic than the 40 that I ultimately lost.

fell better
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #15  

Thank you kittycat40. I'm feeling a lot better today but still not well enough to work out. Hopefully i can start up again on monday i really need to get on the ball.