Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 10:48 AM   #16  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello all,

It is Thursday and I am at work (boo hoo), and we are cleaning out the old junk from the offices. I have already filled up 3 boxes and 2 bins full of trash and have a long way to go. I am tired and bored. I am ready to go home.

Yesterday wasn't such a good food day for me. I got into the frosted animal crackers and I think I ate about 30 of them. I just went off the hook....

Today is better, but I want to eat due to the boredom. I think I will drive to work tomorrow, so if the same thing happens, I will just leave and go shopping. I really need a new pair of sneakers. I walked 2.5 miles on Tuesday and ached from the first lap to the last. My feet still hurt.....OUCH!

This thread is NOT going to die!!!!!! I repeat...This thread is NOT going to die.....I will not let it.

Welcome to our new members.....

Have a great day.

Susie
Old 07-25-2002, 11:00 AM   #17  
a work in progress...

Smile Thankful Thursday

Oh yes, I am truly thankful for this group of lassies...(girls, not dogs) The love and support here is fabulous, I love each and everyone of you! You guys are my strength and the reason I keep starting over (and over and over!)

Alas...I have to go again...I want to sit right down and have a good long post for myself but these outside forces keep pulling me in all directions...oil change, dental appt, lawn needs to be cut...and the need to get back to the island...
so I have to do the other stuff first before I can go...well.... the lawn is dry and brown enough,,,I'll let that one slide...

I should be back Friday night...will see you all then...

love ya!
Old 07-25-2002, 11:10 AM   #18  

Hello All

Back to work so I can try to do some posting again, remember I work 8 days on 6 off, and on my days off I can't post cause I don't have a computer. But don't forget about me, I always come back.

Well I had an awsome week last week regarding my foods and weight loss, until the weekend I weighed my self on Friday, my weigh in day, and I lost a total of 5lbs for last week, I was so excited Then we went camping Friday till Sunday, and It was an awful camping trip, it rained and we had heavy winds, of course it was the first real rain fall in about 2 months, I shouldn't complain. I didn't think I ate to bad, didn't much out on chips or any junk but ate alot of BQ ( hot dogs, steak, hamburgers, smokies) alot of meats. So I weighed myself on Monday to see how bad I did all weekend, and of course I gained back the 5lbs, it makes me sick that I can gain 5lbs in 3 days, it's not fair So once again I have to start over from the beginning, ahh

Hope everyone is doing grrreat, it's hard to keep track of everyone and there's alot to read when I come back on shift so sorry I'm not up to speed with everyone yet. My next investment is to get a computer.

Check in Later
Old 07-25-2002, 11:39 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Morning! Gosh, Thursday already. My how time flies! I'm thankful that my life is not even remotely close to the type of lives my two best friends have. Is it ok to say that????

The one has 7 brothers and sisters. She has had her mother living with her for the past 12 years. Now the mother has mid stage Alzheimers. None of her siblings lift a finger to help, or even visit the mother. And now......her husband has had a heart attack (after working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to support his family and the additional mouth to feed all these years).

The other one is the one I help paint the other day. She works full time, has three sons, a husband that had bypass surgery 4 years ago and cannot work. Her MIL moved in with them a year ago. Her husband has 5 siblings who, once again, don't lift a finger to help out or visit. But besides that, they criticize and argue about everything my friend and her husband try to do for their mother.

Am I glad to be an only child???? You betcha! After what I've seen of bigger families, I think I'm doing ok.

Ok, enough of my ranting. I am sitting here this morning with color on my hair. I have taken yesterday and today off from work. WooHoo! My intention was to get alot of stuff done around this house, but I've done nothing!!!

I have a huge project at the theatre this weekend. DH's company picnic is on Saturday at the zoo. That should be fun if it's not too hot. I wish it was today because it's going to the mid-70's and that would be great weather for the zoo. DH has promised to let me take his picture by the red-A$$ed baboons! Won't that be a Kodak moment????

Sunday or Monday we are leaving for my friend's lodge up north in the woods. Actually as I type this, I think I've already told you that. Must be the early Alzheimer's kicking in! (thanks, dad)

I'm listening to The View on ABC. I really like those personalities. Anyway, Star Jones is telling how she had a first date this weekend and she put on her bathing suit in front of the guy. (If you don't know, Star is a plus size 'chubby' woman). The girls were making a big deal of it and her comment was: I am who I am, what you see is what you get. If you don't like it, I DON'T CARE! Boy, if we all could have that attitude, wouldn't we all be so much better off?

Mary: That soak in the tub sounds good. I'd do that, but IF I got down into the tub, I'd never get back out of it. So no soaking for me!

2cute: I have to tell you that you have made me more aware of carbs. I have been looking at some of the stuff we've been eating, that is OP for me, and it's amazing to me how many carbs are in that stuff! I can see why you need the support of a site that specializes in low carb in order to get recipe and snack ideas, if nothing else, because my WW snack and recipes are certainly not low carb from what I'm seeing. I'm glad that the LC is working for you. 13 days is a nice roll. * I think your mother just must be the energizer bunny! She's been down and almost out so many times, it's amazing that she's still going strong. [[[hugs]]]

Susie: Don't ya just hate cleaning junk somewhere other than your house when you don't have time to do the stuff at home that you want to do. Makes me crazy!

Katrina: Have a good trip.

Lucky: What you don't understand is that no one will let me near a roller with paint. I'm allowed to do trim work. And then what I really love is sponge painting. Usually DH rolls everything and I follow with a sponge pattern. So if you want to have something sponged, I'm your girl!!!

Well girls, enough of this chatter. I put color on my hair before I sat down here and that was an hour and 7 minutes ago. Do you think the grey is covered yet???? All I know is it's hard as a brick! Love to all.

"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first."- William Shakespeare
Old 07-25-2002, 11:43 AM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Duckie: Sorry I missed you. You were posting while I was writing. * Don't take that 5# to heart. That's why it's best to just weigh that one time a week, because I'm sure that by Friday most, if not all, of that 5#'s will be gone. * I'm sorry you planned for that nice little vacation and the weather didn't hold out for you. Hope next time it's better.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

hey Duckie...that 5# is probably a lot of water retention from the meat...don't sweat it...you're doing great!

ok...I'm really leaving now...I swear...just so hard to pull away from the keyboard...it seems to be exerting some sort of gravitational pull on me..........okay.........................I think I can.....................strangely, I don't want to, but I know I must...........................................alm ost there.........................................good bye!
Old 07-25-2002, 04:20 PM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

I just had to come share my GOOD news !!!

Most of you know my dad had a mild stroke last February that left him on a feeding tube. He has not eaten a single bite of food since then. Not even water.

Well... a month ago they upgraded him to pureed foods. They are tasteless and blah. He has his regular food purreed and his liquids thickened.

Well... he just went for to his doctors appointment and he has been upgraded again. He can now eat "soft" food. Pudding, scrambled eggs, etc. I can not tell you how happy I am for him. He was sooo discouraged and sad my last visit. I can just visualize him grinning from ear to ear when he heard those words... "You can eat scrambled eggs."

Thanks to all of you for listening me go through my struggles with my family. Your support has meant so much to me. I could never had made it alone.
I am sooo happy I am crying tears of joy.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:53 PM   #23  

I will be back to post in length later...but what a day.

My rear view mirror fell off today from the heat so I have to fix that first. Then when I got home there was a bird in my porch so I had to shoo that out the door.....

Back soon.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:26 PM   #24  

I don’t know if I like it better when “posting” is slow or when there are a lot of posts. I get behind…..

Susie Make sure you get good sneaks…we don’t want your tootsie’s hurting.

Kat I will miss you but I sure hope you have a lot of fun.

Duckie I don’t know, your shift work sounds like something I would like. You can plunge into work for 8 days and then plunge into “whatever” for 6…..I think I would get more done that way.

Thin Do you think Star Jones “really” in her soul feels that way and wouldn’t chose to be thin if she could. It reminds me of other things – being of a different ethnic or sexual persuasion etc….Life is just easier if you are the same as the majority. I guess I haven’t met anyone who didn’t want to be thinner – even if they were already small.

What do you do with a roller?

Michelle I subscribed to Flylady but was overwhelmed with the emails. Plus she seems geared to people who are home during the day so I didn’t get as inspired as you. If you know anything to change my mind I would like to try her again. There was another one I really loved but they changed so you can only use them through Yahoo and it got to much work to just find my emails. Can you tell I like fast and efficient? “?”

Well, my rear view mirror is back on. I had some trouble because I couldn’t get the mounting part “apart” from the mirror to put it back up. I just hate it when I don’t have the muscle to get things done.

[size=3 ]Baylee, Malia where are you?[/size]

Today was another good day food wise. (not rear view mirror wise ) I seem to do much better if I try to get in more protein and less carbs.

[size=6 ]TGIF[/size] tomorrow….
Old 07-26-2002, 07:56 AM   #25  

Geez, where did everyone go? If you don't come out and post I will have to rename this thread to the "LuckyLadyBug"

I measured myself this morning and have lost 5 inches...I know, not much overall but I will take it as encouragment.

Hope to see you all here later.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:20 AM   #26  
Dancing those pounds away

Just popping in to share that I am "cheat free" for 14 days
I cannot tell you how happy that makes me.

I have a busy day planned... cleaning !!! LOL
My daughter is coming home for the weekend and I have cluttered up her room soooo bad there is no where for her to fit. So I cleaned the desk and took a bunch of stuff out into my cluttered garage yesterday and today I should finish it up and have a nice, neat, clean, pretty room again for her to come home to.

Today is Fun Friday... well cleaning isn't fun... but having a clean room when I am done will be. (of course my daughter will mess it up again LOL) We plan to go to the movies while she is home. I will take my own little legal snack with me and leave that darn popcorn alone.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:48 AM   #27  

HELLO ANYONE OUT THERE, WHERE ARE YOU ALL!!!!

Well I weighed myself this morning, since it is WI day, and I have a loss of 3lbs for the last 2 weeks, I'm not going to count last fridays loss of 5lbs, since I gained it all back during the week end, but as of today it's a big wopping 3 lbs and I'm happy with that. I finally figured out what works for me. All those diets that you have to follow a specific program, definelty does not work there's always something restricted and I can't let myself know I'm not allowed something otherwise I want to have it more and I end up splurging. I've figured if I just eat healthy and drink lost of water, and watch the portions I can lose weight, when I want a snack I have one what ever it maybe as long as I don't pig out. I try to eat fruits and healthy diet snacks through out the day, and for a snack at night it I feel like a cup of icecream or my favorite a PEP mint pattie I have one. This is what I might have on my daily menu:
Breakfast : Always cereal, Frosted Mini Wheats or Oatmeal Crunch and 1% milk
Lunch: Usually, when I'm working, Baloney sandwich on Multigrain of Flax seed bread, and cut up cucumbers or a salad
Afternoon snack, lately it's been watermelon or Snackwells crackers
Supper: I'm on a chicken wrap kick right now, I grill up some chicken breast, cut in stripes and onions in some Pam, and then I add some Teriyakki basting sauce, mix it all up, wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla, with some lettuce and little bit of grated cheese, VERY GOOD
Snack, Like I said Icecream or a Pep bar , I'm going to try and not eat after 7pm from now on! Did you know that Pep bars only have 4 grams of fat, it doesnt say how many calories though.

So next Friday I hope to have a 5lb loss, I'm really considering having another baby, but right now I don't think my body could physically handle it, and I wouldn't feel comfortable holding a baby, it would be such a hard task to just sit on the floor and change it's diaper. Have you ever heard of someone losing weight while pregnant?

Any ways I should get some work done, check in later
Old 07-26-2002, 03:35 PM   #28  

Have you all flown the COOP, where are you all, gone for the weekend!!!!
Old 07-26-2002, 08:25 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I'm just here for a minute. I need to get stuff packed up for our couple of days up north.

I spent the entire day at the theatre. Wooo! I had to record the previews and advertisements on each screen and the theatre has 30 screens!!!

DH's company picnic is tomorrow. It's going to be hot and I'm going to be miserable! Mother nature decided to arrive this afternoon, so that will make tomorrow even more fun!

I can't guarantee that I will be back here before we leave on Sunday morning, so just remember I'm gone for a couple of days, not forever!

Love to all.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:56 PM   #30  

Just here to say hi....it's hot, humid and a mosquito filled day here.

I have a 50th Wedding Anniversary for my aunt tomorrow and many of our relatives have come to town for that. I just hope to get my Dad through it without any problems.

8PM and have to get some dinner.

Where is everyone???? Are you lurking???? I will be here waiting....
Closed Thread