3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #16
Ready to be skinny!
 
evieistrying09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 117

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Default



I hate that! I notice it when i'm at church, sitting down next to people. Have any of you done that leg test? You know, where you sneakily compare your leg to the persons next to yours? haha. my legs can sometimes be the same size as some other girl's, but my legs are higher up because of my ginormous butt!
__________________

NEW Mini Goals:
Thanksgiving- GW: 215 lbs.
Christmas- GW: 205 lbs.
Valentines Day-GW: 195 lbs.
Easter!-GW: 180 lbs.

One for every 5 lbs lost:
I started (again) on september 7th, 2009. Starting at 235 big ones. Good Luck to me!!!

______________________________
NEW GOALS, starting 10/13/10
180, by 12/25/10 Can I do it? YES I CAN!
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Stella's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 475

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I hate being bigger than my husband. I hate sitting next to him and my thighs spread all over the place. I hate that when we're standing he's taller than me but when we're sitting I'm taller than him because of all the extra padding on my bottom.
Same here! I`m no longer heavier, but I`m still bigger - although no longer obviously so. That`s been a biggie for me, too!
__________________
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
iDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 880

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Oh the pants thing! I avoided ever buying corduroy pants at my heaviest for fear that I'd set them on fire with all the thigh rubbing! Plus, they were so noisy!!!

At my heaviest I hated wearing shorts--they would ride up constantly and I was forever adjusting them! Capris were my best friend!

And skirts? Never! My thighs would get so sweaty and chaffed from rubbing together--OUCH!!

Huffing and puffing up the stairs, avoiding them like the plague.
Feeling tired all the time.
Being miserable in any kind of heat.
Never having nice clothes to wear and the panic attacks that would ensue if there was a function I had to attend that required nice clothes.
Painful knees/ankles/feet.
__________________
~*Sandye*~
It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Eliot



= 20 lbs gone
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
I've only just begun! :)
 
Havisham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 159

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default

that IS a biggie...I notice it when I'm driving...if my husband or son drive my car (very rarely, on pain of death) I realise how much further back I have to sit. My legs are longer than my husband's, but it's mostly the fat on my butt.

And the comment about sweating on the face, I get that, too - mine's up under my hair line. I always wonder if I'm in the bank is someone going to think I'm robbing it because I'm sweating so I must be freaking out!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #20
on the way to skinny
 
DivineFidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 953

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default

I sweat SO MUCH under my arms and (when I'm walking around the house without a bra) under my boobs. It like drips down my chest and my sides..and it feels SO GROSS. If I don't shower every morning I'll be walking around smelling like BO because I think the WORST is sweating when I sleep. I wake up and it's like...wet between my thighs and under my arms and boobs and it's been dripping on the sheets so they're all wet too. It's SO disgusting and I hate it. =/

Oh, and the pants thing....I go through pants WAY too fast because my thighs rub together too much...I REFUSE to ever wear a skirt because if I do it becomes painful. I don't even wear shorts anymore because they're never long enough to stop the skin from rubbing together, so it's always painful. I'll wear bermuda shorts, but nothing shorter...

Oh, and also with shorts, if you buy the cute ones or whatever, you sit down and the i guess cuff around the leg hole or whatever cuts into your leg so your fat like bulges up in front of it...idk if that makes sense to anyone, but I always hated that.


I think the thing I hate the most though is I'm not comfortable buying cute underwear anymore. I've got that pooch/roll/whatever right below my stomach fat roll, so the underwear never fit right or look good....so the ones that I have I'll still wear, but my boyfriend won't EVER get to see them till I feel they look good on me...haha.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this....swimsuits! I HATE that they never sell a swimsuit some place like walmart or target that is cute that will fit me that has enough coverage for me to be comfortable but doesn't look like something my grandmother would wear. I always end up buying whatever I can get to fit and then just wearing a t-shirt and shorts over it while I swim, even though that makes it super uncomfortable to swim....I mean come on, they know that there are plus sized teenagers...and that grandmas aren't the only fat people in the world, so why cant they make us some cute swimsuits! lol.
__________________

“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can’t find them, they make them.”







DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #21
I've only just begun! :)
 
Havisham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 159

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
I sweat SO MUCH under my arms and (when I'm walking around the house without a bra) under my boobs. It like drips down my chest and my sides..and it feels SO GROSS. If I don't shower every morning I'll be walking around smelling like BO because I think the WORST is sweating when I sleep. I wake up and it's like...wet between my thighs and under my arms and boobs and it's been dripping on the sheets so they're all wet too. It's SO disgusting and I hate it. =/

Oh, and the pants thing....I go through pants WAY too fast because my thighs rub together too much...I REFUSE to ever wear a skirt because if I do it becomes painful. I don't even wear shorts anymore because they're never long enough to stop the skin from rubbing together, so it's always painful. I'll wear bermuda shorts, but nothing shorter...

Oh, and also with shorts, if you buy the cute ones or whatever, you sit down and the i guess cuff around the leg hole or whatever cuts into your leg so your fat like bulges up in front of it...idk if that makes sense to anyone, but I always hated that.


I think the thing I hate the most though is I'm not comfortable buying cute underwear anymore. I've got that pooch/roll/whatever right below my stomach fat roll, so the underwear never fit right or look good....so the ones that I have I'll still wear, but my boyfriend won't EVER get to see them till I feel they look good on me...haha.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this....swimsuits! I HATE that they never sell a swimsuit some place like walmart or target that is cute that will fit me that has enough coverage for me to be comfortable but doesn't look like something my grandmother would wear. I always end up buying whatever I can get to fit and then just wearing a t-shirt and shorts over it while I swim, even though that makes it super uncomfortable to swim....I mean come on, they know that there are plus sized teenagers...and that grandmas aren't the only fat people in the world, so why cant they make us some cute swimsuits! lol.
I know what you mean on the shorts making the fat bulge (not to mention the way your legs stick to the seat, and the way you end up with a 'damp spot' on any vinyl seat when you stand up). Try skorts - at least if the short bit rides up or whatever, the skirt bit hides it.

And the underwear is a nightmare - I mean, I'm sure even grannies don't want to wear granny underwear all the time! Why can't they make bras and undies in some attractive fabric, with lace or whatever.

On the swimsuits, good call. Swimming is about the only exercise I enjoy and it's tough. We lived for a short time in Hawaii while my husband worked there and I got some really nice suits there - practical and comfortable but nice, too. So there you go - you just need to tell your boyfriend you need a vacation to Hawaii!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
whip1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: maryland
Posts: 169

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

Default

I hate it when I turn six shades of purple trying to shave my legs.
I hate it when I have to ask my husband to clip my toe nails
I hate dropping my pen in the supermarket beacuse bending over to retrieve it makes my face red. I hate riding in my husbands car because I have to put it on to ride in it oh and tieing my sneekers geesh thats a major effort.
most of all I hate it when I am invisible to other people around me and they do it on purpose
but I love the fact that I am brave enough to do something about it and I know all these naturally skinny people could never know the burden of being fat if they did they would realize just how strong willed us fatty's are and we deserve respect for our efforts
I love the fact that my husband still loves me he married a 108 pounder and ended up with a 257 pounder I guess that makes me more than a double pounder with extra cheese LoL
I love that there is a place for all of us fatty's to share our failures and our success's and look on the bright side if there is ever a food shortage us fatty's will way out live our naturally skinny friends I could go months without food and still have a weight problem.
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #23
I've only just begun! :)
 
Havisham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 159

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whip1 View Post
I hate it when I turn six shades of purple trying to shave my legs.
I hate it when I have to ask my husband to clip my toe nails
I hate dropping my pen in the supermarket beacuse bending over to retrieve it makes my face red. I hate riding in my husbands car because I have to put it on to ride in it oh and tieing my sneekers geesh thats a major effort.
most of all I hate it when I am invisible to other people around me and they do it on purpose
but I love the fact that I am brave enough to do something about it and I know all these naturally skinny people could never know the burden of being fat if they did they would realize just how strong willed us fatty's are and we deserve respect for our efforts
I love the fact that my husband still loves me he married a 108 pounder and ended up with a 257 pounder I guess that makes me more than a double pounder with extra cheese LoL
I love that there is a place for all of us fatty's to share our failures and our success's and look on the bright side if there is ever a food shortage us fatty's will way out live our naturally skinny friends I could go months without food and still have a weight problem.
OH - I love everything about this post! I'm so happy now that I know I'll outlive my skinny friends when the food runs out! I am fat - hear me roar!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Cali Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 840

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

This thread depresses me.

I certainly understand some of what's been talked about, tho.

I remember looking in the mirror when I was wearing something I thought I looked cute (read: not fat) in and I looked HUGE!

I am very familiar with knee pain and I thank God that my knees are carrying around over 50 fewer pounds and the pain is all but gone.

I am extremely grateful each and every time someone tells me I look great because, honestly, sometimes it's difficult to see (I still don't understand how my shadow looks so skinny in my avatar)...

I know what it's like to feel uncomfortable when going into stores (with friends) that don't carry your size. I also know the discomfort of going into the same stores once you are finally (after 10 years) able to fit their clothes. It's almost like they can tell that you used to be too big to fit anything.

Having said that, I LOVE that I can walk into any store now without feeling like a faker or a fraud. God is good indeed!

I never want to forget any of these feelings.
__________________


Ultimate Goal = 160
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #25
a work in progress
 
juliastl27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: st. louis
Posts: 1,291

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I remember looking in the mirror when I was wearing something I thought I looked cute (read: not fat) in and I looked HUGE! .
^this^

or id see something online and order it and then when it arrives its such a tent that it looks nothing like the picture i saw.
__________________
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 575

Height: 5'3"

Default

I hate thinking I looked really hot and then seeing pictures later and seeing how fat I looked.
__________________
Rachel

rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #27
yoovie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

I hope that all of you posters go over to the other post, which is full of good things about yourself, things that are positive, to balance out all these negative things. Breaks my heart that the posts that are hard on us get more responses than the positive ones.

But kudos for venting about the things that most people never say out loud. If you can get up the courage to say those things, then it should be easier to accept positive things about yourself too?

Best of luck today!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #28
Losing the baby weight
 
StephanieM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Prince George, British Columbia
Posts: 1,696

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Default

This thread has made me feel so much better! I realise their are other people out their who feel the same.

I hate having to buy new pants, and all my jeans got these dreaded thigh holes within the same week, I had to buy all new pants, and hem them cus I'm short.

I hate this a lot. Apparently pants for someone that's the width that I am have to be about 6 inches longer than my legs. Like because my waist is that size I must be a giant.

When will they make fashionable boots for bigger girls?! Something adjustable. I can't get my calves in them, let alone shove my jeans in their too.

With my legs next to my boyfriends, he's got these little skinny long legs and I've got these chubby short ones, I feel so huge next to him.

Sweating is another thing, I powerwalk whenever I am walking, especially through the mall to my workplace, and by the time I get to the elevator, I'm sweating, and it has these hot lights that shine down on me. I feel like I'm under interrogation.

Seats on the bus, I feel like they are getting smaller and smaller, I sit on it, and if someone sits next to me, they're always squished up against me.

Thanks for your rants, I feel like there are so many more with the same feelings as me. Here's a pic of my legs in between my boyfriends and his best friends, Dylan is on the left holding the phone pointing at something.
Edit:Whoops, had to remove, looks like he was pointing with his middle finger, don't want anyone to get offended

Last edited by StephanieM; 10-09-2009 at 04:24 PM.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Cali Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 840

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoovie View Post
Breaks my heart that the posts that are hard on us get more responses than the positive ones.
I feel the same way.
__________________


Ultimate Goal = 160
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
whip1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: maryland
Posts: 169

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

Default

we all have to except the good with the bad about ourselves. I think if we lose site of where we once were we may lose track of where we want to strive for in our own futures. a tell all post like this one helps to let each of us know we are not alone in our daily struggles with weight and its not so pleasant side effects......I say we need to form a fat chicks convention once a year throw a BIG A$$ party( no pun intended) and cut loose!
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 PM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2