Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I started my journey with a juice feast, meaning I just drank ooooodles of fresh juice every day. Very spiritual and enlightening experience for me and it really just was a starting point. I learned a lot. The juicing wasn't hard for me, it was and is time consuming to make juice, but it wasn't a challenge. However, I got hit with this CRAVINGS WALL. Unbelievable and the first week of my juice feast I was just floored. I mean I was craving things I hadn't eaten in years. That was a struggle, I kind of think it was my body having a tantrum really. That did level off and then the second thing was physical pain as my body started moving again. That was a HUGE struggle for me. I was 340+ pounds and hadn't really moved in how long? My upper back was so painful I would sit in my desk chair with a pillow and cry and I have a high tolerance for pain. It was that bad and after reading the ONLY way to help myself was to get those muscles stronger so it can support my back. So, that is what I did and little by little my back got better. In fact now it is great.

Learning how to eat was difficult. You know now when I go to the bookstore and I look at all the diet books I say to myself "i know what I need to do," but before I would look at them sort of looking for answers if that makes sense. A year later I have a totally different attitude, but it took me a year to get to where I am now.

Still working through many struggles (like exercising regularly), but now I don't question if I will lose my weight or fear gaining it all back. Now I don't even question my future progress at all, but I did at first. Still trucking along and sometimes even skipping along haha. I'm living a lifestyle, not dieting, and learning that was a challenge. Changing my attitude. I still have a gaggle of things to work on, but I want to work on them and learn how to focus, which is a new thing for me. To want to live my life, be happy, learn how to love myself, celebrate life not hide away from it. Still learning, but totally getting there.

Last edited by Jacquie668; 10-07-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

The hardest part for me..was definately learnig to say NO. its unbelievable how man things are shoved in your face that we shouldn't be eating all the time. i learnt that i am allowed to say no, and the more i say no the better!
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #18  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
And maybe this is the hardest thing: finally realizing that this is a forever lifestyle change and not something that I go "on" and "off". My head always knew that, but my inner child still forgets sometimes.
Oh yeah, this too. It was a revelation to me that I can't ever, ever go back to the way I used to eat. It makes perfect sense, of course, but it was like a cartoon light bulb went off over my head when I first read that on this forum. So yeah, sometimes I want to rebel against that but like MBN says, that's just my inner child temporarily throwing a fit. Once she has a nap (or a run with a healthy snack after), she'll be fine.

Last edited by Windchime; 10-07-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

i just started a month ago...and so far the hardest thing I've dealt with is myself when I am hungry. I do not like that person. She is snappy, cruel and quick to judge....and I take it out on the person who means most to me. I've had to find a balance to make sure I don't get that hungry, which is taking a lot of preparation. But I'm learning, which is good.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

The hardest part for me was and is patience. I had to keep telling myself, "it doesn't if I average less than a pound a week, I am not giving up because this way I am living my life from here on out, so I will get there sooner or later". Once I got that down it was easier to plan out my weekly meals and slooooooowly start incorporating exercise and more nutrional value in foods instead of simply "staying within my points". After that it just became life.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #21  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Question Hmmm... What to Eat and How Much?

I have been dieting for a little over a month. Just recently, I have been given the green light to start incorporating real food back into my diet and boy am I at a loss. I have generic guidelines but planning meals and snacks are tough. I am sure it will get easier. For the moment, it takes due diligence on my part to ensure a balanced diet. This place is such a great resource for low cal & low carb recipes. Yay for 3FC!
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote