Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #16  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Ha -- I do the same thing! I have added some jogging to my walks and I say -- ok just go ahead jog -- who cares who is looking and takes me a bit and I go and then I don't want to stop lol Of course - I have to as I don't have that kind of endurance yet but small steps!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Clara View Post
The lowest weight trick: If the scale shows less than .99 that's my weight. No trends, nothing, as soon as I hit it it becomes my weight. I weighted 175.6 today and I carry myself as if it is set in stone. Sure tomorrow after I run today and do some weight training I may "gain" two lbs, but I don't care I saw 175.~ and that's that.
Once I update my ticker, that's it.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

My gym at school has tvs attached to each of the machines; we do not have cable yet in our apartment. So I'll force myself to go to the gym when something I like is on and they say "oh, just five more minutes, you have to see how this turns out!" followed by "you like this show too, just do another 1/2 an hour to watch it". This keeps me doing cardio long past the times I've set for myself.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #19  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Well, there ya go! LOL, now I know!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #20  

When I have a craving usually for some sweet roll or something I tell myself I can have exactly what I want, then imagine what it is, even the positioning and type of toppings. If they don't have exactly what I want, I'm not allowed to get it. Since it usually involves traveling quite a ways to the right store and they never have exactly what I want, I never get it.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'6"

My biggest cheat, since starting to walk again, is "oh you know how much your son loves to be outdoors, pack him in the stroller and give hime a little fresh air.: Once out there, I find myself enjoying the walk and nature more than he is...because by time I round the next corner, he's sleep. LOL!
SizEsExY HeRe I cOmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #22  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I work for a veterinarian and we see a lot of obese dogs, and I have one, one of 3 that is obese, we go walk at lunch, I remind myself, "if your dog it too fat, YOU are not getting enough exercise!"

We have a great park and walking trail, there is no excuse. I live on a 120 acre farm, there is no excuse, actually, there are no excuses, they are like belly buttons, we all have one.

Tell that to my brain! LOL.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #23  
Never More Than Today!

S/C/G: 192/149.8/135

Height: 5'2

My trick involves EA Sports Active for Wii. I used it on and off before I was serious about working out and never really went through with a 30 day challenge. When I started exercising, I always did the challenge at night because that's when I'd finally convince myself to get up and do it. All too many nights I'd just lay in bed until it was "too late" to exercise and I'd say I'll just do it tomorrow.
One night, after a few consecutive days, I realized if your workout went past midnight, they'd count it for the next day. Then I started setting tough as nails goals to follow. 5 workouts in 5 days. Now when I'm laying in bed I think to myself, "If you don't get up soon, the workout won't count for today and you won't meet your goal".
KurLEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I
The lowest weight trick: If the scale shows less than .99 that's my weight. No trends, nothing, as soon as I hit it it becomes my weight. I weighted 175.6 today and I carry myself as if it is set in stone. Sure tomorrow after I run today and do some weight training I may "gain" two lbs, but I don't care I saw 175.~ and that's that.
I totally do that! Although occasionally I live to regret it when it takes two or more days to see the new weight again.

I have a trick that borders on the silly. If I'm frustrated that the scale hasn't moved in a few days, I hold the door jamb when I step on the scale-- that usually takes off two or three pounds. I don't count that weight, but I stand there for a minute and look at it, and think about how happy I'll be when I get there.

Last edited by ubergirl; 10-01-2009 at 04:48 PM.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Here is a maintenance trick I have. As soon as I reached my "goal" weight and I let myself stabilize for a month, I donated or threw out most of my old clothes that were big (even slightly) and bought new clothes that fit perfectly. This included pants, shirts, suits, jackets, even underwear!

1. Because I have no growth room in my clothes, I know it immediately if I start to gain weight and can readjust my eating/exercise accordingly.

2. Thought of having to spend all that money buying new clothes keeps me on track.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #26  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! It makes me feel so....normal!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I do this with my running. It take half a mile to really get my legs going so the first half a mile is just not fun. I tell myself that if my legs still are tired by the time I make it out of my apartment complex (about .7 miles into my run), I can just walk that day. Well, I get to the edge my complex and think, well, the next block really isn't that far so I can go at least to the end. I do this for 3 miles, but when all is said and done, I feel great, and have actually run the 3 miles like I planned. My legs just need a little coddling from time to time.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote