Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 06:32 PM   #1  
Fit and Feisty

Smile July Featherweights

Hey Gang! Don't leave me alone here. Are we ready for a long weekend?

Miss all of you,
Love,
carree
Old 07-03-2002, 08:51 AM   #2  

Hey Carree, I've been busy with school so I haven't been on the computer as much lately. Summer classes can be a little rough. Well, I hope everyone is doing great.

Ruth
Old 07-03-2002, 11:27 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

I've been busy rocking the new grandbabies. They are so sweet!

We're having lots of company tomorrow, between 20-25 people. It's a carry in, so that won't be too hard for me.

Hope you have firecrackin' 4th!! Talk to you after that....

Jana
Old 07-07-2002, 06:05 AM   #4  
Fit and Feisty

Jana, How incredibly exciting it must be to have grandchildren! I just cannot imagine....and TWINS! I am so excited for you.

I am so sad to see this beautiful long weekend end.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Love,
carree
Old 07-07-2002, 05:55 PM   #5  

Wink

I have been off so long it isa great to see everyone is still here. Have been so busy with High School this year. Was a para for 3 1/2 teachers. They did get another para after spring break. But she does not talk much English but she is trying. At the start of school I got a call to teacher a class with the after-school program called HUGS. I worked with 4th and 5th graders. June, I helped with Summer School for Migrant students and then did Summer HUGS with the 3rd graders. Had an average of 9 students for the month. They were so much FUN
Had two surgeries with my DH cancer. Had a fatty cyst on his right shoulder so the doctors said. Finally in October they decided that it was melanomae and removed. And it was that. Then in December he had a growth come up on his left ear lobe at the top and it was the size of the eraser on top of a pencil. They removed it In March.
I still need to lose about 30 Pounds. Have bounced around from 134 to 140. And that has always been in the waist.

We are babysitting our 22 month grandson for a few hours. Guess had better get off the computer.
Old 07-08-2002, 06:08 PM   #6  
Fit and Feisty

JMTank: So good to hear from you but sorry about your DH and his struggles. Hope to hear some good news very soon.

Love,
carree
Old 07-08-2002, 10:49 PM   #7  

He is doing so much better. He has check-ups with the dermotologist every three months at the Veterans Hospital in Texas. And every six months with the oncologist. The last time with the Oncologist the doctor wanted to know what he was doing since he is doing so good. He told him he was helping someone farming. And he is keeping his weight down to 220.
Old 07-11-2002, 05:25 PM   #8  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around in a while because I've been busy with school and work...somehow by the time both of those are attended to, my "free" time seems to have gone the way of the passenger pigeon.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I had the great fortune to get a $7500 renewable scholarship that will make it possible to actually finish my degree in a timely manner. *nekked happy dance*

I haven't had much in the way of exercize lately, but I have spent HOURS digging through all the scary recesses of the apt doing a serious spring cleaning and weeding out session. In 100 degree heat with near 100% humidity that has to count for something. *grin* Unfortunately, my weight has shot right back up to 209, so I'm feeling a bit demoralized and more than a little like the blob. *sigh*For the time being, I am focusing on getting to any weight below 200.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:26 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well. Sounds like we're all busy this summer. It's good that we are so vital!

The babies are doing fine now that they have a new formula. I am advising all of you to run right out and buy stock in the Kodak Company right now because I am single-handidly boosting it's value. DH and I even took the twins to the cabbage patch and put big cabbage leaves on their heads and snapped a few really cute pictures there.

We are sure enjoying the fresh fruits and vegetables of summer. My son-in-law is amazed (and proud) with what he has grown - this is the first time he ever had a garden.

DHTank, sure glad you are back!

Later taters,
Jana
Old 07-13-2002, 10:32 AM   #10  
Fit and Feisty

Wink Adopting!

Hi Gang,

My sad news is that I have to put my cat down very soon.

My good news is that we have decided to take two Chihuahua pups, one male and one female from the litter of five that my DD's Chihuahua had ten weeks ago! I must have taken leave of my senses to do this, but somehow I believe it is the right thing to do at this place and time.

Isn't it interesting how pets seem to come into our lives for a time and serve a purpose in doing so?

Hope all of you have a great weekend!
Old 07-16-2002, 09:55 AM   #11  

Morning ladies,

JANA, grandbabies are so wonderful. Isn't is fun taking photos. I bought an Olymbus digital recently, I love it. Of course, my kids hate it, because I rarely get around to printing the photos. But I have all my photos on my screen saver.I'm able to sit here for hours and watch my grandchildren on the monitor. One of the babies had her 1st birthday party this weekend. She will be one tomorrow. They grow up so fast. My youngest grandchild is 7 months old. OH, we recently found out that we have another on the way. My stepdaughter is due in Feb.

KAT, the scholarship is wonderful. I recieved $1000 for the next year. I was totally impressed with that, $7500 will definitely allow you to finish faster.

JMTANK, sorry to hear about your husbands surgeries. I hope that he is doing okay. Please keep us informed and we will be praying for you.

CARREE, so sorry about your cat. I know how you feel. Two puppies in the house will definitely take your mind off things. LOL

Well, I've got to get ready for school. It has been raining for hours here and I'm dreading having to get out in it.

Oh, before I go, just wanted to say my husband finally went back to work. He quit his last job in March and has been around the house ever since. Thursday he went to work for the Mitsubishi dealership as a salesman. He has finally laid his wrenches to rest!! He has always wanted to sell cars, but he was helping me raise my children, plus paying childsupport for his daughter, he just never felt comfortable with the possibility of not being successful at it. Now it is just us and he has the chance to find out if he can do it.

Talk to you girls later.

Ruth
Old 07-19-2002, 11:41 AM   #12  
Fit and Feisty

Talking The pups are here!

Well, Gang...They're here! Cali and Cooper spent their first night with us. They are doing so well. I bring them outside, and they do what they have to do. I'm really surprised at that!

I took today as a vacation day, so I could have three whole days with them. They are so adorable!

Does anyone know how to make a jpeg file smaller so I can post it here?

Hope everyone has a great weekend1
Old 07-19-2002, 01:11 PM   #13  
Fit and Feisty

Talking Meet Cali and Cooper!

Meet Cali and Cooper, our two new Chihuahua pups!
Old 07-19-2002, 02:32 PM   #14  

THEY ARE SOOO CUTE! ! Especuially the one with one ear up and one ear down.
A farm friend was telling me the other day that she was going out to the farm and as a young girl on the dirty road with three chicuahua dogs each on a string tied to their neck. When she came back there was only one chichahua by the road and it was a white male one. Was really scared. She looked for the other ones but could not find them. So she cozed that one out of the ditch. She has it at home with her other dog(big screw-tailed bull dog. They are getting along. the white dogs is scared of the kids she has at her house. It makes me so MAD when people dump their old trash on the country road sides BUT when it is a dog or cat that does not know how to fin for themselves I really .

I know how hard it is when you have had an animal for so long and you have to put it asleep. Our son had a dog that we took care of when he went off to college and the dog was getting old. Now that I look back, I wish I had called him and had his room-mate bring him home to take the dog to the vet. When we could finally talk to him about the dog, he asked that we put a red bandana around her neck like he did before he would show her in 4-H Dog Shows. She also won the Dog Showmanship at the State Fair and he wanted a xerozed copy of that in her grave. I think of her everytime we leave the ranch because she is buried at the entrance.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:50 AM   #15  
Fit and Feisty

Hey Gang,

Where is everyone? Anybody have any special vacation plans this year?

Well so far the two new pups are doing just fine. I really believe it has a lot to do with the fact that they have each other for company.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Love,
carree
Closed Thread