Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 211/166/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
You are awesome! I am afraid to even try that DVD workout. Dropping that many sizes in seven months is impressive. Do you do a food plan? I am just curious about how you have accomplished so much. By the way, I love your avatar -- so inspirational and strong!
Thank you! The avatar is my "after" losing 40 pounds and "before" doing the crazy P 90 X - so it's sort of a "during" Basically, I've eliminated almost all processed foods. I do still eat yogurt, and almond milk, and store-bought hummus without many additives/preservatives, occasional Fiber One cereal, but for the most part, no processed foods and definitely no "junk" food or white flour based products. In the past I've favored low-carb but since I intended to focus on building lean body mass/muscle this time, I'm not able to do that and go totally low carb. So I compromise and eat all my grainy carbs (cereal, etc) in the morning, so I have enough energy to do my resistance training at noon, but I can burn off all the carbs during the training and leave just enough for mental functioning throughout the rest of the day (though some might tell you I dont leave enough for mental functioning lol). On rare occasion I'll allow a planned "slip", for instance I had some cookies on August 18th when I had guests over, and then on September 7th I had some fried calamari and a few spoons of creme brulee. But for the most part, having eliminated flour and sugar from my diet, I find it very easy not to "cheat" because I'm no longer haunted by the cravings that go along with the white flour/sugar/cravings/binge cycle that used to plague me.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement, it means a lot to share the ups as well as downs I wish ups for everyone today.

Last edited by SunnyP; 09-22-2009 at 05:20 PM.
SunnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
You are awesome! I am afraid to even try that DVD workout. Dropping that many sizes in seven months is impressive. Do you do a food plan? I am just curious about how you have accomplished so much. By the way, I love your avatar -- so inspirational and strong!
Oh and I forgot to say I love your avatar too - not only do you have such a pretty face/smile and look so content you've also got a lovely THIN face! And I always notice when I see your posts that not only did you achieve such a huge accomplishment with your weight loss , you went considerably under your goal. That is so awesome
Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

That is awesome!!!!!!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #19  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

YAY YOU! Six pounds of fat! That's awesome. I wanna try p90x but i need to get into a bit better shape first, lol.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
YAY YOU! Six pounds of fat! That's awesome. I wanna try p90x but i need to get into a bit better shape first, lol.
I'm pretty sure they have some more "entry level" programs that will get you ready - not sure off the top of my head but their site is beachbody.com so you can look there to see if they have a program you feel ready for. You should do it!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

IŽll definitely try the P90x... I just have to order the dvds and it will take a while till they get to Chile.
I was afraid to try it (thought I would need an ambulance ready to take me to the hospital) but I will give it a try!!!!
Thanks!
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapitaa View Post
IŽll definitely try the P90x... I just have to order the dvds and it will take a while till they get to Chile.
I was afraid to try it (thought I would need an ambulance ready to take me to the hospital) but I will give it a try!!!!
Thanks!
No you will be FINE! Just go at your own pace. Do what you can - you get to do each DVD once a week so, every week you can go a little further with it.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyP View Post
Oh and I forgot to say I love your avatar too - not only do you have such a pretty face/smile and look so content you've also got a lovely THIN face! And I always notice when I see your posts that not only did you achieve such a huge accomplishment with your weight loss , you went considerably under your goal. That is so awesome
Thank you so much! That's why we're on here right; to get picked up when we need picking up and for our accomplishments to be noticed! I definitely cheated with my avatar and took that pic at an angle. Don't you just love digital cameras? Keep on fighting the good fight, and thank you for the too kind words.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote