Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy September and going backwards!

Although the scale has not started showing a definite trend I am going backwards. Compared to my committment during the summer....I am REALLY struggling.

It's not like I did not have a life during the summer. I had family affairs, and garden work, and house work--and I did it all. What is it about throwing school responsibilities into the equation that has me reeling????

I have tried to really focus myself on this endeavor right now. I even got me a few new pcs. of exercise equipment. But I can NOT stay motivated. And I can NOT commit myself. I feel doomed!

All the september birthdays are really not helping either!

I wanted to be committed yesterday but it was SO's b-day. I worked our fun stuff into the equation and then BLEW IT when we had a few glasses of wine at 10 pm. (Which triggered MORE eating)

Now today I want to be committed but I feel hung over from the 2 glasses of wine. And I have a headache, and I have Nursing Labs today. Ugggh! Plus my weight was 3 lbs up from 2 days ago. Overall I lost a lb from last week...but I feel like I am swimming UPSTREAM.

Please tell me if you can relate. I am going to do my best to PUSH through this. Knowing I have come so far--and I am still on the side of progress.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

I'm just rambling here, but sometimes I wonder if it is the weather changes. Like I'm not a summer person. I LOVE snow lol, but I did find that this summer I really wanted to get out into the sun. I wanted to be active, I wanted to get out and do things. Now that it is getting colder I'm kind of like "hmmmm." I'm starting to adjust. You know I want to get out and active to see the leaves change, to make new goals, etc...

Plus the holidays and birthdays are coming up and I think for many people, including me, it is a different set of challenges. New sets of goals, which are exciting, but I dunno, I needed time to adjust lol. Not too much time...but just a little.

Today I made myself do a new workout, woo, that was F U N. I want to do it again! lol... I kind of feel like my momentum slowed down as September came, now I feel it speeding up again as September is closing.

You'll push through! I think it is these moments where we learn a lot about ourselves. How to cope with bumps and push through.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #3  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

You know, right now I am totally struggling to think about staying on track. Coming on here and reading what everyone else is doing shames me into maintaining - the scale slips up 3 to 5 pounds, and I slam it back down to the 157 - 158. But I can't get motivated for that next big push.

Currently I'm blaming it on my husband - when he's in town I cook more, eat more, eat out more. And he's been out of work for a couple months now. So it's harder for me to stick to the diet routine. But we always have excuses, and that doesn't make it more valid. It's something in my head, and I need to get the motivation to push for that next goal. I don't know where I'll get it.

I guess I should look at the positive. I am maintaining. And I am looking for the motivation!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #4  

School is very stressful and demanding.After 7 years of college I can tell you you to concentrate on yourself during this time.I saw waaaaaay to many classmates gain a tremendous amount of weight during nursing school.When you are studying for exams, take a 15 minute walk every 1-2 hours.I totally believe this saved me.I also made a rule...no snacking at all during class or studying.You might now have a lot of time right now for scheduled exercise or gym time.You can easily get in an hour a day or more by following this simple rule.Plus...its a great stress releiver and way to gather your thoughts.Hang in there....you are on your way to the even more stressful world of nursing
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

I just set a new goal for myself -- lose 14-15lbs by November 17. It's not an arbitrary date -- there's an important event -- but I'm not much for date-oriented goal setting. However, if there was every a time to be trim & in-shape, it's now.

I think planning is going to be key, as it will be for you. With different activities competing for time -- work, exercise, cooking, schoolwork -- you'll need to do a lot of planning and time-management. Good luck! I'm sure you can do it!
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #6  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I'm struggling with my commitment a bit right now too, and I'm not surprised that school is making it difficult..school does that but you can make it work for yourself.

Personally, I'm attributing some of my difficulty to the changing hours of sunlight. The sun is rising later and I'm finding it harder to get up early to do my workouts. It's one thing to rise with the sun. It's another to be done my workout before it's peeking over the horizon.

I'm hoping that turning the clocks back will help me.

All we can do is keep on slogging through this.

We can do it.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #7  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I understand the struggle to stay the course and keep on track. I've been having a real struggle this last month after starting a new job at Starbucks. First there is the stress of learning a new job, and then there are all the drinks that I can have as much as I want and all for free. I try hard to stay on track and limit my drink intakes but it gets hard and I slip. Yesterday we made a French press and then sampled the coffee with a cinnamon roll. I didn't eat much, but the fact that I had any at all totally made me furious with myself.

We can't let weather and life changes throw us off our plan. I've rededicated today, had a great workout this morning, and will do my weigh-in at TOPS (after being off the last two weeks) and take my weight for what it is. Tomorrow I plan to continue to stay on plan keep my eye on the goal, which is the body that I'm dying to have!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Oh, I totally relate! Keeping up with my kids' homework, laundry, soccer schedules, etc. has added stress for sure. Plus there is always that feeling in the fall that I should be baking or making some comfort foods, since that's what I've always done. To compensate, I've been baking low-fat brownies and cookies, trying a new one each week. This has helped me to stick with it, without feeling that I'm depriving my family of some of our fall traditions.

We went apple picking last week and now I'm trying to find some healthy things to do with apples too. Although I'm dying to make my apple pie, I'm resisting the urge. LOL.

Fall is hard for me too! You are not alone!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

wow...I got slammed at lab today. They told us we had to be able to do the Physical Assessment by this Thursday. We never even practiced in it in class. Then we were going to practice it today and do it by Thursday. We still had to check off on vital signs. I literally felt my brain go numb. All I could think of was how I wasn't going to make it. Then my teacher--God bless her!--realized none of us were ready for that. And she allowed us to check off on vital signs today--which at first freaked me out. I know how to to take pulse, etc...but doing it in CHECK-OFF STYLE is unnerving. But we all passed vital signs....and she did a basic physical assessment run down for the whole class.

My schedule looks like this so far. Pharm Quiz tomorrow. Lab Thursday. Unit test Pharm Monday . Check-off Physical Assessment Tuesday. Unit Test Fundamentals Wednesday. BREATHE JEN BREATHE!

omg, yeah, I actually feel so much better after having taking a multivitamin and my Mega-Green T pill.

It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one. I appreciate everyone sharing! I could see how the stress of nursing school could make you fat. And I am not trying to maintain, but LOSE....I want to be a HEALTHY nurse.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote