Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/164/135

Height: 5'6 and 3/4

Unhappy I Need Help

I want to lose weight so bad! I'm on a diet and have a busy schedule at times!!!! How can I lose 5 or 10 pounds to start ? And how can i stop cheating on my diet!!!! I REALLLY NEED TO DO THIS PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Oh and how to i post my little signature thingy lol
knwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

As for the signature, you have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi there!

First off, to post a signature, you need to have been here for at least 20 full days, and to have posted at least 20 times. It's necessary to prevent spammers, unfortunately!

So - where to start...you need a plan. Not necessarily a formal "diet", but a plan...are you going to count calories? Eat based on a particular style (Mediterranean, South Beach, etc)? Are you someone who needs group support (and therefore might benefit from something like Weight Watchers or TOPS)? Look around at the different plans, check out the forums here, and get some ideas. Then settle into something you think you can do for the rest of your life, knowing you'll be tweaking and modifying things as you go.

We need more information to help you on the "cheating" thing. What sorts of plans are you trying to follow when you cheat? What are you eating? Are you eating enough? Are you eating foods that trigger cravings? Are you eating things that are off-plan in the first few days, when cravings are the strongest?

Give us more information so we can offer suggestions!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

And my advice for losing weight would be to find a plan that fits your lifestyle and commit to it 150%. For me, being healthier is what keeps me from cheating. I care more about my body than I do food now.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/164/135

Height: 5'6 and 3/4

Default More info....

I'm on a diabetic diet. So the food is good, and my portion sizes have DEFINITELY been cut down. When I cheat I try to cheat with fruit, which is fine , then other times I cheat with other food or candy and chocolate. I just always get cravings for sweets no matter what I do. I do need support. My boyfriend of 19 months is amazing in supporting me (fiance soon I think !) but at the same time, it's probably hard for him to understand how I feel. My family is supportive as well.

My weight is changing all the time at the moment I'm at 164. Realize I have a pretty slim figure. I just need to work on my arms, lose some belly fat and tone my legs. I want to lose this weight for me, not because I'm overweight. I think I'm only a few pounds above what my height should be at. I just want to be more confident and look better too.

In the summer it was easier to diet because my schedule was less congested. Now I'm in school, doing work, having a social life, and trying to start to find time to work out at the gym, AND dieting! It's a lot. During a normal day I do a lot of running around too! So sticking to my diet is very stressful because I feel I don't have the time.

As for the posts so far, thanks for your help!!!! Please keep it up, I need it! And idk remember your name or post name or whatever, but good job quitting smoking! That's hard to do and its a habit I hate so good for you !
knwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #6  

I found it easiest to start by cutting out unnecessary extras from my diet. A slice of cheese, my afternoon latte, a teaspoon of sugar from my coffee, etc. Those little calories add up and then just increasing your activity a little helps too, like going for a walk or something. For me, once I see the scale move even just a pound or two I get really motivated and I start in on the intense exercise and stick to a healthy way of eating.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote