Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Awesome day yesterday!

I was 99% on plan (I sneaked a cherry flavored tootsie roll mini - about 4 carbs). My Dad took my me, my oldest daughter and my son to one of the most beautiful nature preserves I've ever been to (Starved Rock State Park). We hiked and climbed for about 3 hours, I got some amazing pictures and we left feeling sore-as-heck but so great.

The worst (and best) part of the trip was scaling the stairs by one of the cliffs. We spent almost 10 minutes trying to get up them. My Dad (diabetic with a well stocked backpack) and me (post-partum with a 10 pound baby strapped to my chest) would climb about 25 steps and stop to pant and regroup. When we finally got to the top, we saw that someone had been kind enough to count the steps and carve that count into the railing : 155 steps. Jeez. I never thought of how many steps that really is. We got to the top (where my 7-year-old daughter had been waiting for about 5 minutes, dancing around and yelling "YOU CAN DO IT!!!"), sat down and patted ourselves on the back!

And this morning I got my payoff. Almost 4 pounds lighter than yesterday. Whether it's water, fat or both, the scale moved a lot and I was thrilled!

Last edited by Altari; 09-20-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/166/139

Height: 5'7"

That's awesome, good for you and dad!! And with a tiny baby no less, that's so excellent. 155 stairs - that's so many! Keep climbing
SunnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Woohoo!! That is fantastic!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote